what will Battle do when he comes back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what will Battle do when he comes back

Is it a coincidence Frank looked better without Battle?

I don’t think they complement each other well. Buddy is a better complement to both Frank and Battle.

Also Battle needs take notes from Buddy and realize you don’t have to shoot every time you get inside. You can pass it to shooters.
Definitely something to consider. I also think Frank has real confidence issue. Yes, he has physical limitations when it comes to foot speed and quickness, but most of his problems are between his ears, imo. With Tyus out against Duke, he knew he needed to step up if we were gonna have any real chance—and he did. When everyone was playing horribly against NC State, he stepped up because he needed to. When he knows he’s not coming out of the game much, he can play through mistakes and gain confidence. As a sophomore, he wilted when he had to compete against Gillon and then subsequently lost the starting job (yes he did have an abdominal injury that caused some of his poor play). Last year, it was just him and Tyus playing 40mpg at guard, and he played well and got better throughout the season. But with Buddy stepping up this year and providing a much needed 3-pt shooting threat at guard, Frank seems to have regressed somewhat. He shoots the 3-ball pretty well, but he’s had absolutely no confidence trying to get by his man and attack the basket—until he finally started to do it a little bit in the Duke game. I know he’s still recovering from his ankle surgery from last fall, but I think most of his problems are in his head. I hope the Duke game gave him the confidence to stop messing around and be the player he can be—and help us win some games in the Big Dance.

Will JB go extremely small and sit Brissett for Hughes/Battle on the back line?

No. We need Brissett or Marek at PF for rebounding. We’ll get killed on the boards otherwise. I love Battle, but he is a terrible rebounder. He ball watches so much. Never goes to get it.

Battle is a little like Carmelo to me...needs the ball in his hands to score because one on one he's very hard to contain.....he can't seem to get going when there's ball movement.

I think when he comes back next year he can work on his ball handing and learning not to take shots one foot inside the three point line.

Overall he will be a marquee player in the league and maybe with some luck he can sneak into the end of the first round.

:)

Definitely something to consider. I also think Frank has real confidence issue. Yes, he has physical limitations when it comes to foot speed and quickness, but most of his problems are between his ears, imo
Agree 100%. He needs a regular appointment with a good sports psychologist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom