What will be considered a successful next month of games? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What will be considered a successful next month of games?

2-2 works for me. Even though the Tech game is Thursday night, they stink and could be 1-6 when we face them(they do host both Pitt and Wake who don’t look good but still..). If they are 1-6 or close, they might as well play the Tiny Tim version of Enter Sandman (if it existed, and it should)

I’m shocked at the pessimism. We can absolutely go 3-1 or even 4-0. Obviously things have to go perfectly for us and have to avoid injuries. FSU and Clemson are both winnable games this year. I expect we will go 2-2 with wins against Clemson and VT. Do I expect 4-0? No. I’m also not ready to concede definite losses to any of these teams. Every team on our schedule has looked pedestrian at different points.

Beat Clemson and VT both are down this year and we should get each at the right time. Get to November with Shrader in one piece (not just under center badly injured barely able to throw or run.)

2 wins is successful but I just don’t see it. Clemson will come in pissed off, another injury will happen. UNC will be tough and we won’t have a shot at FSU (their receivers will moss our little corner). VT absolutely sucks.

I’m shocked at the pessimism. We can absolutely go 3-1 or even 4-0. Obviously things have to go perfectly for us and have to avoid injuries. FSU and Clemson are both winnable games this year. I expect we will go 2-2 with wins against Clemson and VT. Do I expect 4-0? No. I’m also not ready to concede definite losses to any of these teams. Every team on our schedule has looked pedestrian at different points.
Pass what you’re smoking because FSU is the real deal. That said, Clemson should have beaten them today so they will come in ready to rock.

DraftKings has Clemson a 9 point favorite next week against the Orange

UNC has a week off next Saturday too. They will be rested for us. Ugh

Pass what you’re smoking because FSU is the real deal. That said, Clemson should have beaten them today so they will come in ready to rock.
What makes FSU the real deal? They’re definitely good, but top 4 I’m not buying. They beat LSU who almost lost to Arkansas today. The SEC as a whole has looked down.

FSU almost lost to Boston College who is probably the worst or second worst team in the ACC. Good win today against Clemson, but Clemson is down. Clemson also outplayed them and lost because of a fumble in the red zone and a missed field goal.

I think FSU is a top 15-20 team, but I think they are still overrated. My point was we can beat any of these teams if we play our best and we get some lucky bounces.

What makes FSU the real deal? They’re definitely good, but top 4 I’m not buying. They beat LSU who almost lost to Arkansas today. The SEC as a whole has looked down.

FSU almost lost to Boston College who is probably the worst or second worst team in the ACC. Good win today against Clemson, but Clemson is down. Clemson also outplayed them and lost because of a fumble in the red zone and a missed field goal.

I think FSU is a top 15-20 team, but I think they are still overrated. My point was we can beat any of these teams if we play our best and we get some lucky bounces.
They have more dudes that Syracuse and we never play good in Tallahassee

They have more dudes that Syracuse and we never play good in Tallahassee
I’m not disputing that. I’m saying they’ve looked beatable at times. I agree they are better than us.

Headed into our most difficult stretch of the schedule: vs Clemson, @UNC, @FSU, @ VT

How many wins minimum will be considered a success? 1 win? 2 wins? I have a hard time seeing us winning 3, but you never know
Have to go 1-2. 2-1 and we’re in for a monster season. Have to take advantage of Sr Shrader.

Success? Has to be 2-2. Although one could argue that 1-3 (beat VA Tech) with close losses and no injuries is a success.

Success? 1-3

Anything more than that means we upset at least one team.

Would love 2-2 to lock the bowl game.

Heart says 12-0, like usual. But we’re down OG and IJ and our OL has had some bumps and bruises.

If we do a 3-1 run, then we can start thinking of a special year. 2-2 at least keeps an 8/9 win season in play.

Yeah the only reason I’m mildly concerned about VaTech is because it’s a Friday night game at Lane stadium. They are really bad, though, and hopefully by the time we play them the fans there don’t care anymore.

Good thing it’s a Thursday night game

I actually think Florida State is a fraud

They struggled against BC and they struggled against a really down Clemson

They are a top 25, maybe but they aren’t a top 10

Good thing it’s a Thursday night game

Right. Whatever. It’s a night game at Lane Stadium. It’s the only thing that makes that game slightly worrisome.

I actually think Florida State is a fraud

They struggled against BC and they struggled against a really down Clemson

They are a top 25, maybe but they aren’t a top 10
and their showcase win was vs. LSU, who were given a scare at home vs. a meh Arkansas team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom