What will be considered a successful next month of games? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What will be considered a successful next month of games?

Headed into our most difficult stretch of the schedule: vs Clemson, @UNC, @FSU, @ VT

How many wins minimum will be considered a success? 1 win? 2 wins? I have a hard time seeing us winning 3, but you never know
Get 1 upset and win the game we should, and don't sustain any more injuries, that would be something to really build on.

Pass what you’re smoking because FSU is the real deal. That said, Clemson should have beaten them today so they will come in ready to rock.
Boston college also should’ve beaten them

Headed into our most difficult stretch of the schedule: vs Clemson, @UNC, @FSU, @ VT

How many wins minimum will be considered a success? 1 win? 2 wins? I have a hard time seeing us winning 3, but you never know
At the beginning of the season i broke the schedule down to 3 parts, especially since we have our bye after UNC. Couldn’t have asked for a better place to have it.

Part 1 - 4-0
Part 2 - 1-2
Part 3 - 5-0/4-1

Colgate
W. Michigan
Purdue
Army
—————
Clemson
FSU
UNC
————-
VT
BC
Pitt
GT
Wake Forest

I think it’s key to get 1 of the next 3 games. Clemson is very beatable. We always play them tough and have them at home. If we can contain Shippley we can get the home win. Obviously, FSU we will be large dogs, and never play them well, but we saw what BC was able to do to them with a running threat at QB. Nothing would please me more than ruining their perfect season and playoff chance. That would almost make up for hangman, and all the other beat downs they have given us. As far as UNC we can certainly score on them. Hell, Pitt scored 24. Containing Maye is a different story, but definitely a winnable game.

That brings us to the last 5. I think a lot will depend on how we come out of this 3 game stretch injury wise. If nothing else Clemson and FSU are always physical and we always seem to come out of those games banged up both physically and emotionally. It’s nice we have a bye after UNC to heal up and regain focus. Being able to win at least 1 game will keep the momentum going from our 4-0 start. This is a Sr led team that i think is prepared for this. We can very easily be favored in the final 5 games. Anything other than 4-1 would be a disappointment.

I said the same last season after 4-0 and i’ll say the same again. I think expectations need to be altered. Considering how we have looked, and again, the leadership this team has, combined with a schedule that is relatively easy to navigate, 9 wins should be the goal, and 10 is within grasp.

Hoping for 2-2 these next four. If that happens I think we go 9-3. Georgia Tech is a lot better than people think. By no means am I saying we can’t beat them, hardly, but I think that is the most likely loss if we have any in the last four games and I could see it happening. Before the season I would have been ok with 7 wins, pretty damn happy with 8 and ecstatic with more than that.

Hoping for 2-2 these next four. If that happens I think we go 9-3. Georgia Tech is a lot better than people think. By no means am I saying we can’t beat them, hardly, but I think that is the most likely loss if we have any in the last four games and I could see it happening. Before the season I would have been ok with 7 wins, pretty damn happy with 8 and ecstatic with more than that.

I think GA Tech isn't all that good. I expect them to be 5-5 going into our game, which makes it HUGE for them.

GA Tech O vs FBS
29.0 ppg
166.7 rypg
280.7 pypg

GA Tech D vs FBS
34.3 ppg
250.0 rypg
220.0 pypg

They have played three P5s thus far so it has been a challenging schedule. They give up lots of points and cannot stop the run. But we don't run it well so that doesn't help much. Their O has been a bit of a surprise thus far. Then again Louisville and Wake have no D.

In the Louisville game after halftime they were outscored 26-0 until scoring a late TD. Against Ole Miss they were down 41-17 before scoring a late TD. Sagarin has them currently ranked 78th just below Purdue, who I think is a good comparison of quality.

BC was at home and they rolled out a new QB. Again, cuse will be on the road.
Not a great excuse for a team whose strength is supposed to be pass rush, which is why i dont think they are nearly as good as they are getting credit for post-LSU

I’d be happy with 2-2 for the next four. End the season going 3-1 and we’re sitting at 9-3 and a decent bowl. Just stay healthy, boys!

IDK, seems like Clemson's general play and statlines don't match up. Maybe they are the San Diego Padres of college football.

And we have played ok in losing in Tally, think there were two games in recent history decided by a FG. But man do they seem to have a lot of talent over the top.

1-3 with minimal injures. 9-3 by itself doesn’t derail the season, getting injuries that open up losing other games does.

Clemson is still the best roster in the ACC, but they are back to Clemsoning. They will be the most physical team SU plays all year. SU has advantages at QB and Pk and at the coordinators. Not sure there are any mismatches the offense can create. Clemson‘s defense held FSU to 17 offensive pts in regulation. This feels like a game that is in the teens or twenties.

UNC, not sure SU can score with them even if SU’s defense is much better than their’s. Maye is a top two pick, Shrader is very a good college Qb. To win the defense will have to get to’s on the Purdue level and the offense will have to be clean. If everyone is upright this could be 42-30 either way.

FSU, speed, speed, speed. SU’s team speed keeps improving, but not at this level. FSU’s defense is not a shut down one , but not sure it matters. The ‘91 team was excellent and lost down there 46-14. That could happen again, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it did.

Give me 1-3 with no injuries and I’m happy. Preferably Clemson. Though I suspect we will be 2-2.

Not afraid of UNC or VT, Clemson coming to town hanging their heads.

2-2 should be the goal with an outside shot at 3-1
You should be very afraid of UNC especially on the road with ACC refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom