What you would give for the season to start tomorrow? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What you would give for the season to start tomorrow?

You obviously do not live in NYC. In all seriousness, summer in NYC is living hell.

I think you're confusing me with Marsh. The summer is my least favorite season. I despise heat/humidity and I'm not a baseball fan.

Does that mean that we'd shoot right to mid-November and miss out on beautiful fall weather and most of football season? I live for Cuse hoops, but no thanks I'm good.
You'd likely avoid a lot of heartache for yourself. ;)

I'd give up my girlfriend. If I have to give up something I give a crap about I would give up drinking.

I think you're confusing me with Marsh. The summer is my least favorite season. I despise heat/humidity and I'm not a baseball fan.
I love the hot weather. These wet chilly fall days do nothing for me. Has nothing to do with sports. Dont even get me started on winter which is a 4 month prison sentence. I would skip the holidays and go right to april 1st if i had the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

I love the hot weather. These wet chilly fall days do nothing for me. Has nothing to do with sports. Dont even get me started on winter which is a 4 month prison sentence. I would skip the holidays and go right to april 1st if i had the power.

-

I mean, I don't disagree about Syracuse winters - they are treacherous. I really enjoy the weather in the DC area - if you can just get thru the dog days of summer, the rest of the year is so nice. Winters get a few light dustings of snow and generally don't get below the high 30s/low 40s, and the spring and fall are heavenly.

I would gladly exchange a month's worth of pay for the season to start tomorrow.

Part of me might agree, but I have way too much to do right now and can't lose the time -- once bball season starts, it consumes me.

I mean, I don't disagree about Syracuse winters - they are treacherous. I really enjoy the weather in the DC area - if you can just get thru the dog days of summer, the rest of the year is so nice. Winters get a few light dustings of snow and generally don't get below the high 30s/low 40s, and the spring and fall are heavenly.

I grew up on lake Ontario and now live on the MD/PA boarder near 83 and don't miss the winter at all. You're right there is usually a month straight of pretty sticky weather but the rest of the year is great. Hell every 3rd to 4th winter you get an actual snow storm and it sticks for a while. Its funny as becasue everyone looses it over a 6" of snow, you get your fill of it remember why its cool for a day and then why you don't miss it. Fall is simply the best season of the year IMO and fall in upstate is TITS, thats what I miss although its cool here as well.

Last edited:
What would I give up? Hmmmmmm I'd give up ogling the hot LPGA golfers which is a new favorite hoby I've picked up to this year.

Nothing, it's football season and SU finally has its QB

Why are people proclaiming him the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning? He beat Wagner. I hope everyone is right, but jeez, let's temper expectations a bit.

Why are people proclaiming him the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning? He beat Wagner. I hope everyone is right, but jeez, let's temper expectations a bit.

Why temper expectations? What's so bad about excitement / optimism? People are excited to see what he can do--has nothing to do with him being the 2nd coming.

Some of us are equally as big of SU football fans as hoops fans.

Why temper expectations? People are excited to see what he can do--has nothing to do with him being the 2nd coming.

Some of us are equally as big of SU football fans as hoops fans.

I'd say the same thing if the basketball team beat wagner by 50 pts.

I'd say the same thing if the basketball team beat wagner by 50 pts.

We had fans during our unbelievable 2011-2012 season, when we were 23-1 or whatever, expressing that they weren't ready to say we were a great team...yet. I can't begin to estimate the number of posts we saw throughout that year like that.

Sometimes as a fan, you just have to live in the moment and enjoy what you've got.

Hunt gives us the opportunity to field a dynamic playmaker at QB, hopefully continuing the offensive momentum and exciting play we saw last season. OF COURSE he has some proving to do before people are confident in his abilities. All I can say is that what Hunt did on Saturday was exactly what a good athlete should do playing against inferior competition. And that hasn't always been the case when we've played the Wagners of the world in recent seasons. Like many, I'm curious to see what he'll do for an encore.

We had fans during our unbelievable 2011-2012 season, when we were 23-1 or whatever, expressing that they weren't ready to say we were a great team...yet. I can't begin to estimate the number of posts we saw throughout that year like that.

Sometimes as a fan, you just have to live in the moment and enjoy what you've got.

Fair point. I'll admit I am more of a pessimist. I like setting my expectations low and being pleasantly surprised, as opposed to setting lofty expectations and being let down.

It's not that he's THE best QB, he's just the best for this team and it's comforting that the staff finally sees it and made the decision.

I would gladly exchange a month's worth of pay for the season to start tomorrow.
Actually would prefer the season to end later. Right now there are the baseball races with the playoffs to beging soon. Football is in (both levels), so that is entertaining. But when March is over what is there? You just got a big dose of great college b-ball and want more, more, more. And without it you have nothing to keep your interest. I mean hockey? Hockey!? When they were on strike I never knew it! And pro b-ball is so much a mutant of how the game should be played it's not worth watching.

Football is here, happy to wait. Hunt is finally starting so things are looking up.

BTW, Clemson game on Oct 5th is going to be crazy at the Dome. Looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom