What's it like for dads coaching their sons? Jim Boeheim, Buddy about to find out | Syracusefan.com

What's it like for dads coaching their sons? Jim Boeheim, Buddy about to find out

I think the one benefit to Buddy's game is he is 6'5" and can shoot the 3 at a 50% clip. So he is going to space the floor and make life easier on everyone. If you are a big you won't have people leaving him and crashing down on you. If you are the other guard if you drive you will have a good lane with his man not leaving him. So everyone on the team should like having him on the court and my understanding is he is really liked by current players. Could be wrong about that. I do remember interviews during EYBL or something and mutliple players one of which was Bazely said Buddy could really shoot and was a much better player than given credit for.

I also see Boeheim as the type of guy that is a brutally honest at evaluating and can really separate how he feels about kids personally from who is best to help win. Obviously your own kid is different.

What I'm really interested to see is how good of a defensive player Buddy is at the top of the zone. If he's learned anything from observing his father's coaching, he's going to know how important it is to stop penetration by opposing guards and to anticipate that entry pass into the top of the key. He may not have the length that Frank has, but if he can do as good a job as Trevor C. did AND stick that three ball reliably, I suspect that he'll be on the court quite a bit more this year than many expect...

Would love to see someone come out with a (non-licensed) Vader/ luke themed shirt.
DEE8F3BA-C028-45B5-9F1A-362C256F7CCA.jpeg

That was a great article with many funny anecdotes. I hope we are all smiling this year, but the odds are . . . . . . There will be family drama! It’s unavoidable. But don’t worry. I’m a trained psycho therapist. I can help!

Buddy, call me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom