Whats the thougght on BROYLD? | Syracusefan.com

Whats the thougght on BROYLD?

CaliCuse

All American
He demonstrated a lot of talent but the old coaches couldn't figure out a way to get him the ball in open field conditions. Its clear that once he gets the ball he has the moves to take the ball along way.I consider Ashton to be a lost opportunity for Nat and Doug. I hope George McDonald can figure out a way to get that kid into the offense as a major threat. I still don't like Doug after his defection but in the long run this whole thing might just come out as a positive for the program. Itall hinges on LOI day as to what we retain and bring in new.

I hope he gets a fair shot at QB. He was highly regarded coming into the program. Cali, you did anoint him as the next great QB at Syracuse then you like many of us drank the ZACH kool aid.

I am not buying the "lost opportunity" theory on Ashton.
How many offensive skill players in the entire Marrone era saw the field more than Ashton as frosh? Lemon in 2009 (a GROB recruit for what that is worth) is the only one who comes to mind.
No other RB played much as a frosh under Marrone (AAM got a few carries); no QB; no TE.

Ashton, a QB, was good enough to emerge as the #3 RB and see some action and made a few plays. I doubt that it slowed Ashton's development to have some chances this season.

Can he convert back to QB in the Spring? Posters have opinions (playbook knowledge, passing accuracy) that I put down as wild guesses. Have to let it develop in the Spring.

He demonstrated a lot of talent but the old coaches couldn't figure out a way to get him the ball in open field conditions. Its clear that once he gets the ball he has the moves to take the ball along way.I consider Ashton to be a lost opportunity for Nat and Doug. I hope George McDonald can figure out a way to get that kid into the offense as a major threat. I still don't like Doug after his defection but in the long run this whole thing might just come out as a positive for the program. Itall hinges on LOI day as to what we retain and bring in new.
A competent offensive staff will figure out how to use Broyld, the same as any other player. As our staff did this past year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom