What's up at RB? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's up at RB?

How do you have a poor read when all the gaps are immediately filled due to poor blocking? When the line did its job, we were able to run the ball for big gains. There was simply nowhere for him to go.

I don't deny for a second that the line struggled...they did in multiple ways. I don't think Donte was ready to be a RB with that kind of line and have success. There is a reason why players have said he is the most improved. Line gap vision is a gift and the good to great RB's see the crack and hit it when the initial area is taken. Yes, at times that crack may only get 3 but it's better than 0. Again, please don't misunderstand my point the O-Line did not do their job but as regarding to the subject of this thread SU needs Strickland and Neal to have the backs of the O-line as well and get something positive. IMO...Fredricks had a better read and that's why he had a better YPC.

Could be he looks better because the OL has improved and is actually giving him some lanes and space to show off his quality. The right side returns (Adams/McGloster). Servais seems to be big and pretty athletic, Conway returns at LT and Heckel seemed to lock down the LG spot.

Not to mention Elmore and Pierce add a physical piece on the edge. That should help a lot as well.

Babers comments says a lot. Its not just running. He said he is better at every facet of the position. Blocking, technique, timing, footwork, power and better overall understanding of the scheme. With that said, I believe Moe will have big moments and Pierre will too.

Last edited:
Could be he looks better because the OL has improved and is actually giving him some lanes and space to show off his quality. The right side returns (Adams/McGloster). Servais seems to be big and pretty athletic, Conway returns at LT and Heckel seemed to lock down the LG spot.

Not to mention Elmore and Pierce add a physical piece on the edge. That should help a lot as well.
Or, the D is worse, making a bad O line look better.
All remains to be seen.

Or, the D is worse, making a bad O line look better.
All remains to be seen.
I honestly don't know that the D line can be any worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom