What's wrong with this picture? | Syracusefan.com

What's wrong with this picture?

Orangefan1

All Conference
Alabama plays Western Carolina this late in the season? Florida plays Jacksonville State? I mean these other teams are fighting for their BCS lives and the so called big dogs are playing patsies. I see this every year and its never commented on when SEC teams play sh**** teams very late in the season. SEC has not been very good this year from what I have seen, not as strong as in past years. Other teams are catching up. I just hate the fact that we have to play such a tough schedule but if your in the SEC you get almost a free pass for playing these crappy teams.

SEC = OVERRATED

in my opinion at least

they rarely play anyone out of conference

Eh, they get tested more than enough in conference. Why schedule a great OOC team when you have to play one almost every week in conference?

Eh, they get tested more than enough in conference. Why schedule a great OOC team when you have to play one almost every week in conference?
do they really?

no one knows how great these teams truly are because they will not play OOC north of the mason-dixon line and have to play nuetral sites.

What if every BCS conference scheduled the same way? Maybe they should? If the SEC does it why not. Obviously it would be terrible for the fans all over the country.

These are simply tuneups before their big rivalry games.

Georgia (Georgia Tech), Florida (Florida State), Alabama & Auburn, South Carolina (Clemson), Kentucky (TN), aTm & Mizzou (oops!).

Syracuse played their's against Stony brook earlier in the year. With the ACC's assistance, Syracuse should be able to arrange for something similar before its games against BCU or some other rival.

Only one SEC team had the balls to play a decent team this weekend and they lost.

But hey, SEC, you really got over on Western Carolina.

SEC = OVERRATED

in my opinion at least

LOL. No offense, this is such an ignorant post.

Especially when our basketball coach is on record of basically doing the same thing.

You do know the SEC has won 6 straight natl champs right? With 4 diff teams? Right?!?!? Overrated is the dumbest thing I could have read this morning. And it upsets me to read something so dumb when I should be reading nothing but gushing posts about lemon, nassib and the Syracuse football team.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this and didn't go on this rant. I'm sorry for calling you out.

Alabama plays Western Carolina this late in the season? Florida plays Jacksonville State? I mean these other teams are fighting for their BCS lives and the so called big dogs are playing patsies. I see this every year and its never commented on when SEC teams play sh**** teams very late in the season. SEC has not been very good this year from what I have seen, not as strong as in past years. Other teams are catching up. I just hate the fact that we have to play such a tough schedule but if your in the SEC you get almost a free pass for playing these crappy teams.
You mean like Temple, Stony Brook, Conn., etc.

Why does it matter when you play a bad team?

It helps at the end of the year because others are playing harder teams and the proverbial leap frog takes place when they lose. The SEC plays the voting game better than anyone.

Also Bama played 1 aq's ooc. Georgia will play 1. LSU played 1. Florida 1 and haven't left the state of Florida for an OOC game since 91. Mississippi State played no AQ's ooc and have 1 win over an aq ooc since 2000...even Greg Robinson did better than that. Mississippi got crushed by Texas and that was their lone aq OOC. Texas A&M played 0. Arkansas got crushed in their lone venture away from the conference and of course that was a home game.

What the SEC has learned is that if you only play 8 conference games and completely control where you play and when, they set themselves up for success in the moronic beauty pageant we call college football. They only play good teams OOC (non rivalry games) when they can prepare for a month and in a neutral site which is usually a hell of a lot closer to their area than the opposing teams. Add to this all the bowl games are also played in the south.

They stack all of their toughest in conference games in October, so if they lose, they can jump in front of a team that plays it's tough games in November and loses one.

SEC = OVERRATED

in my opinion at least

Overrated? HA HA HA!

How many national championships in a row does the SEC have to win? Hell they had BOTH teams in the National Title game last year!

When your in conference schedule is so brutal, you don't have to play tough games out of conference. Talk to Boehiem about that, he will explain it to ya!

What smilingbob said

Once these teams start playing legit teams OOC, not on nuetral sites and out of the deep south things might be different.

They have everyone fooled with this charade of how tough they are.

At least every other major conference has their big boys play true road games against other BCS teams

Auburn bought their NC with Cam Newton
Florida has to not left the state of Florida for non conf game in 21 years
only LSU and Bama are legit, upper echelon teams that will play anyone

I'm not going to criticize since SU was one of the teams the SEC played

These are simply tuneups before their big rivalry games.

Georgia (Georgia Tech), Florida (Florida State), Alabama & Auburn, South Carolina (Clemson), Kentucky (TN), aTm & Mizzou (oops!).

Syracuse played their's against Stony brook earlier in the year. With the ACC's assistance, Syracuse should be able to arrange for something similar before its games against BCU or some other rival.

Yes, and what if Michigan, Ohio State and all the other BCS schools that play rivalry games at the end of the season did the same thing? I think the fans around the country would be upset.

Don't blame the SEC for taking advantage of the corrupt system. Not like Syracuse is playing anyone remotely good in football.

What smilingbob said

Once these teams start playing legit teams OOC, not on nuetral sites and out of the deep south things might be different.

They have everyone fooled with this charade of how tough they are.

At least every other major conference has their big boys play true road games against other BCS teams

Auburn bought their NC with Cam Newton
Florida has to not left the state of Florida for non conf game in 21 years
only LSU and Bama are legit, upper echelon teams that will play anyone

Yeah ... UF doesn't even need to leave their own state to play two perennial ranked OOC teams in Miami and FSU ... who they play regularly ... why leave the state at that point? We are in a state where we don't have anyone else with a decent football product, we have to do what we have to do. By the way .. OOC neutral sites ... SEC went 6-2 last year in bowl games ... (1 of those losses came to a fellow SEC member) and every opponent was an AQ .. give me, please give me another conference who has done that. In NC games they have blown away tOSU, beat Oregon, beat Texas ...

Bama goes out and waxes PSU two years in a row ... pastes Michigan ... LSU last year beat Oregon ... last year Auburn beat ACC champ Clemson and on and on ... it makes no sense with a conference that deep to play tough OOC opponents even though some do. Heck look how long it took Mizzou to even win an SEC game and they are a solid squad. UK played the Ville pretty tough for a stretch and they are one of the worst teams in the conference ... the same UK team that buried Kent St who in turn handed RU their only loss.

At some point you take it for what it is and I look forward to SU playing some perennially ranked teams (FSU, Clemson, etc.) to see how we fare and I bet if we were to win out in the ACC not only would our rankings reflect it but our SOS would jump dramatically. The Ville was ranked #9 for a reason in spite of being undefeated as late into the season as they were ...

Yes, and what if Michigan, Ohio State and all the other BCS schools that play rivalry games at the end of the season did the same thing? I think the fans around the country would be upset.

Oh so its better to be like OSU and play youngstown st in week one and bloat your ranking early only to be exposed later? I remember the year UM and OSU had all that pub in that marathon game with talk that the NC would be a rematch .. low and behold they dare to put a 1 loss UF in there against OSU instead and UF not just won the game but dominated in all phases ... and to think that season might have fallen differently because people wanted a rematch in the NC ... when all it really did was expose the talent level differences between the B1G and SEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom