What's wrong with this picture... | Syracusefan.com

What's wrong with this picture...

cto

Administrator
...both the Olympics and the NBA all-star festivities are all over TV, and I'm sitting here watching Wichita State play Evansville? And following the Nova/Creighton game... where Creighton once again seems to have Nova's number. Creighton up by 20 with 15 to go. I feel like Marsh... but at least it's not the SWAC.

cto said:
...both the Olympics and the NBA all-star festivities are all over TV, and I'm sitting here watching Wichita State play Evansville? And following the Nova/Creighton game... where Creighton once again seems to have Nova's number. Creighton up by 20 with 15 to go. I feel like Marsh... but at least it's not the SWAC.

Georgetown/st johns next

Nba all star? My lord i would rather watch downton abbey

LOL...I'M switching back and forth Directv 722 to 219

Not unless you have a PBR in your hand!

That's ok, I watched Siena vs Canisius triple OT basketball game and then Syracuse vs UAlbany overtime lacrosse game. The Olympics are terrible. Now it's time to take out the garbage.

Perfect evening is having college basketball carry me into The Walking Dead at 9:00.

I had a feeling that Nova was gonna be in trouble vs the Blue Jays. McDermott is a scoring machine. Nova just isn't tall enough to match up with that team. Hope they end up in another bracket.

edowd26 said:
thats a good show mother effer.

No its not. But its better than watching the nba

No interest in the Notre Dame vs Boston College game?

No interest in the Notre Dame vs Boston College game?
Do we want BC to win or lose today... before their game with us? If I knew the answer to that, I'd watch these two teams with losing ACC records. Otherwise, zero interest.

And I cannot believe how terrible Nova looks. No way they're gonna be a #2 seed

I started to watch that NBA thing but saw someone with a red cape on and someone else wearing a crown and I said "Ok, I'm outta here"...

rstone7727 said:
I started to watch that NBA thing but saw someone with a red cape on and someone else wearing a crown and I said "Ok, I'm outta here"...

Just a pathetic excuse for a showcased weekend. Its on par with the mcdonalds game

I happen to love the NBA All-Star game. Best players in the world showing off their ability. Fun event.

St Johns/Gtown? Yawn..

In theory, the All Star game sounds like it would be the best thing ever for basketball fans. And it could be if they actually played hard for the entire game and actually played defense. Just my opinion.

Perfect evening is having college basketball carry me into The Walking Dead at 9:00.

I had a feeling that Nova was gonna be in trouble vs the Blue Jays. McDermott is a scoring machine. Nova just isn't tall enough to match up with that team. Hope they end up in another bracket.
image.jpg

Love that show!

MSOrange said:
In theory, the All Star game sounds like it would be the best thing ever for basketball fans. And it could be if they actually played hard for the entire game and actually played defense. Just my opinion.

The NBA is the only all star game where the players play zero defense and half ass it most of the game. I'm not a fan of any if them really, but at least the others are real games. Can you picture a pitcher just lobbing the ball up to the plate?

The NBA is the only all star game where the players play zero defense and half ass it most of the game. I'm not a fan of any if them really, but at least the others are real games. Can you picture a pitcher just lobbing the ball up to the plate?
Did you forget about the Pro Bowl where the winning score was generally in the 50's or 60's or the NHL All Star game where both teams were scoring over 10 goals a game. I don't see where those are any different.

I know some people hate on the NBA but the skill is so unreal.

I saw the last Rucker Park Final which featured the Hillsong NYC church team led by Kevin Durant, David Lee, Jay Williams, Landry Fields, Scott Machado and Kent Bazemore... Who's Kent Bazemore? Dudes buried on somebodies bench in the league and was absolutely FILTHY. Sick handle, Bombing threes from all over the court, dunking on people in the Rucker Park Final. Rucker Park is serious, only reason some of those people aren't in the NBA is due to their off the court issues and Kent Bazemore looked like Jordan against them.

longislandcuse said:
I know some people hate on the NBA but the skill is so unreal. I saw the last Rucker Park Final which featured the Hillsong NYC church team led by Kevin Durant, David Lee, Jay Williams, Landry Fields, Scott Machado and Kent Bazemore... Who's Kent Bazemore? Dudes buried on somebodies bench in the league and was absolutely FILTHY. Sick handle, Bombing threes from all over the court, dunking on people in the Rucker Park Final. Rucker Park is serious, only reason some of those people aren't in the NBA is due to their off the court issues and Kent Bazemore looked like Jordan against them.

It still sucks and cant hold a candle for excitement to college hoops

cliftonparksufan said:
Did you forget about the Pro Bowl where the winning score was generally in the 50's or 60's or the NHL All Star game where both teams were scoring over 10 goals a game. I don't see where those are any different.

You could be right about hockey, I don't follow it. But the pro bowl is impacted by the rules too. Can you blitz? Seems like there are some special rules I am remembering. Half ass it on a football field and you can get hurt.

It still sucks and cant hold a candle for excitement to college hoops
Aside from the Playoffs ill agree with you.

NBA All Star Game is usually pretty fun though, you're missing out.

MSOrange said:
On another note - Louisville 69 Rutgers 27 :rolling:

Just flipped to that game and they're pumping up JB and I think COY.