Whats your favorite Dome game/experience | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Whats your favorite Dome game/experience

I enjoyed watching the 03 team destroy georgia tech at the dome, jarret jack and chris bosh and the yellow jackets got beat down that day. It was a fun to see that loaded SU team play, this my friends is what life is all about.

3 OT game vs Nova for BE chamionship

SU 66 Miami 13

Honorable Mention: G'town 2008 - son's first SU game at Dome

Uconn 2000 - Fourth Game I was ever at - had courtside seats to watching us obliterate Calhoun and co.

UConn in 2000 was awesome. I think some of our more exciting mid-season games lose luster after the team falls short of expectations, but the Dome was electric that night. When DeShaun hit the consecutive threes in the first half to double up the score (40-20 or 44-22, I think), it was as loud as it's been for a weeknight game in the ten years prior and the 12 years since. Really great environment - he aisle in 103 was shoulder-to-shoulder with students until halftime and both (brand-new) baskets were torn down in the (somewhat execessive) court-storming.

I don't think anything can top the late-'80s and early-'90s Georgetown games, but Pittsburgh in 2003 and the 2000 and 1994 UConn games make for a nice honorable mention. And the 1994 upset of Arizona, though played before a small pre-Christmas crowd, was a pretty fun game, too.

Missed Villanova in 2010, unfortunately.

UConn in 2000 was awesome. I think some of our more exciting mid-season games lose luster after the team falls short of expectations, but the Dome was electric that night. When DeShaun hit the consecutive threes in the first half to double up the score (40-20 or 44-22, I think), it was as loud as it's been for a weeknight game in the ten years prior and the 12 years since. Really great environment - he aisle in 103 was shoulder-to-shoulder with students until halftime and both (brand-new) baskets were torn down in the (somewhat execessive) court-storming.

I don't think anything can top the late-'80s and early-'90s Georgetown games, but Pittsburgh in 2003 and the 2000 and 1994 UConn games make for a nice honorable mention. And the 1994 upset of Arizona, though played before a small pre-Christmas crowd, was a pretty fun game, too.

Holy smokes i was at that uconn game totally forgot about it, i just remembered because some low class trailer park trash loser sitting behing me and a few of my friends said she smelled olive oil, referring to our ethnicity.

Went to the Wake Forest and the WVU football games last year, those were awesome. Georgetown game from last year was good as well, but nothing like some of you have seen.

I considered this game on my list, but as you said UConn not playing as well the rest of the season made this game lose the luster. Although the side of my head and that of a few of my friends were featured in a picture in USA Today of the very excessive court storming, but they were defending national champs.

Holy smokes i was at that uconn game totally forgot about it, i just remembered because some low class trailer park trash loser sitting behing me and a few of my friends said she smelled olive oil, referring to our ethnicity.

Nothing kills a nice Dome experience faster than that kind of thing. Sorry, man. Would be nice to get a tape of that one and watch it without the distraction.

Nothing kills a nice Dome experience faster than that kind of thing. Sorry, man. Would be nice to get a tape of that one and watch it without the distraction.
Who would of thought id run into a racist at the home sweet Dome.

Definitely one of the best. I actually dislocated my shoulder cheering in the first half. I thought I was going to have to leave, but I went to First Aide, they put me back together and was able to watch the rest of the game. Didn't Knight for Pittsburgh hit like a half court shot at the end that of the game that was just like a half second too late? I keep remembering watching the replay to make sure it was not released on time.
lol

John Wallace and Z routing Iverson and crew. Iverson is one of the fastest humans I've ever seen live.

Yea but I did the surgery myself.

Wasn't bees' performed using only a dome dog? I remember part of the procedure was featured on the kiss cam. Crowd went nuts.

Pretty obvious choice, but 34,616 was amazing. Aside from the attendance record, we were playing for the #1 ranking and everything was clicking (like AO hitting a shot while falling over AND sinking the FT!). It was a blowout and I loved it.

I was in the Fun Run in 4th or 5th grade I think. I won my heat and ate a Dome Dog, in that order.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Game vs. St. Francis in December 2009. I had cto's seats. Best game experience ever.

1. Nebraska
2. Penn State
3. Georgetown 1985
4. WVU 87
5. U2
6. Springsteen

1. Nebraska
2. Penn State
3. Georgetown 1985
4. WVU 87
5. U2
6. Springsteen

U2 over Bruce?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

By a nose... That Joshua Tree tour was epic... Probably like seeing Bruce in 1978

the 'Nova record breaking game knowing we would be#1 if we won was absolutely nuts. especially considering it was a 7pm game and i started tailgating at 9am. hard to top

the 'Nova record breaking game knowing we would be#1 if we won was absolutely nuts. especially considering it was a 7pm game and i started tailgating at 9am. hard to top

Don't sell your tailgating short it was a 9 PM game!

That game was one for the ages. Not sure many would come close to beating it. I was at a few of the Georgetown games back in the day, and those were great to be at, but I definitely think Nova topped it.

Game vs. St. Francis in December 2009. I had cto's seats. Best game experience ever.
Sat in the front row for the meltdown vs Pitt. That ending was such a blur, I'm still not sure how we lost it. It was great sitting that close watching all of the interaction, but unfortunately not a win that day.

I remember watching that game on ESPN; I think that's the first time that year that I realized how special that team could be when everyone was clicking (without Edelin too), so it was a big game in that sense.
If I recall, Ga Tech was final 4 or maybe played for the NC the prior year and they still had talent. The game was an unexpected route. Thus, it was a breakthrough win for us.

If I recall, Ga Tech was final 4 or maybe played for the NC the prior year and they still had talent. The game was an unexpected route. Thus, it was a breakthrough win for us.

It was the following year when they lost to UConn on the championship game. The year before and '03 they didn't even make the tournament. However our wins before that we're against Binghamton, Colgate, Cornell, Valpo and NC Greensboro so they were the first decent competition we had faced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom