Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson to jills | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson to jills

Showing my ignorance. What is a "Defensive Quality Control" coach? The Jills have two.

Q: What are the duties of the coaches in charge of offensive/defensive "quality control"?
A: Fred, college coaching guys often start their careers as graduate assistants. In the NFL, the entry-level position on coaching staffs is usually as one of the quality control assistants.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17198145

I don't care who doug takes now. Seems Shafer is going the way of young hungry recruiters. Color me excited. I am all in on this new staff...
Excited is the word!!! The one weakness that marrone had imo was recruiting and iz looks like shafer and the staff are at the very least very good recruiters and i cant remember when at SU we have had that

Showing my ignorance. What is a "Defensive Quality Control" coach? The Jills have two.

The guy who slogs the jockstraps from the D-Line to the laundry room... It's not a job you want to do 100% of the time, hence why they split it in two.

He even brought Jason Rebrovich with him. Aye!

Then he slunk to the icebox. He took the Whos' feast!
He took the Who-pudding! He took the roast beast!
He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash.
Why, that Grinch even took their last can of Who-hash!

And the one speck of food That he left in the house
Was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse.

grinch.jpg

Dude - it's the Bills... It's where coaches go to die.

Marrone said he was going to hire assistants with thorough NFL experience... and, I'm sure he had a fall back plan if he could not get such seasoned veterans - which was poach more cuse coaches if need be...

Are you trying to say that Doug marrone said something that was true at the time he said it, but turned out not to be true? Shocking.

Also, kind of excited about the young direction SS is taking with the staff. Young guys with proven results. Really psyched for the future.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dude - it's the Bills... It's where coaches go to die.
Except for Marv Levy... he's the Terminator.

Happy this is all finally over and we can move on... Hopefully we have a similar announcement soon and can just put it all behind us.

Gotta say, if I'm a Bills' fan, I'm not down with this at all. I mean, we had a pretty good coaching staff for a rebuilding college program, but the resumes of these guys will not knock the socks off of NFL fans.I'd be pretty PO'd if I had season tickets.

I'm fine with it. These guys are good teachers. And it's only position coaches (other than Hackett), so in the end who cares.

My guess is all of these guys were going to leave Syracuse once Marrone left regardless. He offered them a chance to come with him to Buffalo, and they agreed.

If I ever went out and hired somebody to work for my organization that would build a team around them I would expect them to work within the budget, and level that we operate in. I.E low level NFL, but NFL nonetheless. It seems to me that most of the Syracuse coaches would have looked in the future at a "bigger school" to further their coaching careers, or would have gone to a similar or smaller school to move up in their level of coaching(i.e from coordinator to HC) I guess what I am saying is that Doug was hired as leader within an NFL organization and went and hired a group of guys who frankly still had work to do at the college level to be considered top tier talent. Hackett legitimately was not great at his job until this last year. Regardless of reasons a person does not go from being unseasoned OC at a rebuilding Division 1 program to a NFL OC. The other guys all have longer resumes, other than wheatly, but none scream top talent at the NFL level. Basically Doug may not have gone after the best talent...

Just seems like he is taking the easy path to building a staff...in business easy is rarely the best way to do things. And doug will be the first to tell you that this is business.

LMAO at the butthurt in this thread. Keep hating.

I'm not hatin' on Doug here. I haven't been on that bandwagon.

Just think that this may not be what Buffalo fans had hoped for. I admit I'm surprised. With his NFL ties, just thought that Doug might've put together a more proven, or at least promising, staff.

Gotta say, if I'm a Bills' fan, I'm not down with this at all. I mean, we had a pretty good coaching staff for a rebuilding college program, but the resumes of these guys will not knock the socks off of NFL fans.I'd be pretty PO'd if I had season tickets.
I wouldnt be excited about marrone either , a mediocre record in a mediocre conference and IMO not a great x an o gameplay coach , I was a big marrone supporter but shocked NFL teams came calling like they did, more shocked he is poaching the staff the way he is

as well as "helping the next coach become a national football powerhouse" or whatever it was he said. With friends/alums like these....

Time to get over it... with the way Shafer has the new staff shaping up, time to get the optimism back...

Doug Marone is the last guy I would have suspected of scorched-earth, wholesale coach-poaching that we're seeing here. I don't care about the Jill's prospects ... I care about SU. And what Doug's left us with is a lot of uncertainty, substantial damage to recruiting and tons of coaching vacancies and the resulting lack of continuity.

Thanks for the four years, Doug.

Too bad you didn't have the decency to raid staff from FSU or Clemson, instead of your alma mater.

A week ago I was disappointed you were moving on.

Now I can hardly wait for you to finish leaving.

as well as "helping the next coach become a national football powerhouse" or whatever it was he said. With friends/alums like these....
I think that means he might schedule SU for 2 or 3 games, and hope he wins 1. ;)

Marrone is such an idiot ... he thinks he's running a lemonade stand ... so glad he is gone. He never once had me fooled that he was a smart man. He is just a lucky man, some people are ... his luck will run out, eventually.

Doug overplayed his hand when it came to thinking his NFL contacts would want to coach for him. Fact.

Is that a reflection of the state of the Buffalo Bills? Or is this about working for HC Doug Marrone?

[I'm not trying to pile on Marrone here; just curious if it's the franchise or if it's related to Doug.]

Doug Marone is the last guy I would have suspected of scorched-earth, wholesale coach-poaching that we're seeing here. I don't care about the Jill's prospects ... I care about SU. And what Doug's left us with is a lot of uncertainty, substantial damage to recruiting and tons of coaching vacancies and the resulting lack of continuity.

Thanks for the four years, Doug.

Too bad you didn't have the decency to raid staff from FSU or Clemson, instead of your alma mater.

A week ago I was disappointed you were moving on.

Now I can hardly wait for you to finish leaving.

I completely agree. Just go away, Doug. It appears we might be in better hands with HCSS at the helm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom