Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson to jills | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson to jills

I wouldnt be excited about marrone either , a mediocre record in a mediocre conference and IMO not a great x an o gameplay coach , I was a big marrone supporter but shocked NFL teams came calling like they did, more shocked he is poaching the staff the way he is

This is sort of my thing too - wonder if I would care less if I thought he was ready to go. He still seemed to have a way to go in a lot of areas - including his own gameday decision making (which was improving). This is a guy who four games into the season still seemed to think punting on 4th and inches at the opponents 25 yard line was a good idea...(exaggerating a bit - I think)

I don't know, I find this whole thing baffling tbh. It seemed like he had some work left to do with the program, and as a head coach. Oh well, he's probably going to fail miserably - the Bills suck.

Is that a reflection of the state of the Buffalo Bills? Or is this about working for HC Doug Marrone?

[I'm not trying to pile on Marrone here; just curious if it's the franchise or if it's related to Doug.]

It sure looks like nobody wants to work for the noob and/or in Buffalo

Doug overplayed his hand when it came to thinking his NFL contacts would want to coach for him. Fact.
Still don't get the unqualified vitriol spilling on here, but if it makes folks feel better, it does seem that Shafer is having an easier time filling out a staff than Marrone is.

Or maybe Marrone just knows what he is doing and we had a really good staff last year.

I guess I'll have to cheer for the Buffalo Orangemen after they draft Pugh in the first round, Nassib in the second, Thomas in the third, Lemon in the fourth, and Goggins in the fifth.

I guess I'll have to cheer for the Buffalo Orangemen after they draft Pugh in the first round, Nassib in the second, Thomas in the third, Lemon in the fourth, and Goggins in the fifth.
And you should. Every time someone on MNF says, "Syracuse University" during the player introduction videos, we win a little.

DM apologists are dwindling to a very few. We are way better off without him even if we take some lumps in the short term. He on the other hand keeps reducing his margin of error in Buffalo.

Still don't get the unqualified vitriol spilling on here, but if it makes folks feel better, it does seem that Shafer is having an easier time filling out a staff than Marrone is.

Or maybe Marrone just knows what he is doing and we had a really good staff last year.

I don't buy into it either. I'm glad DM got us back to relevance. I hated to see him go, and I hate to loose guys like Adkins, Wheatly and Hackett. I think we had a GREAT staff here this year. But that's life in big time sports.

At the same time, I really like HCSS. I'm confident he can keep our defense going. Andmake no mistake about it, I LOVE our style of defense under SS. Add some even better players, and Holy Crap, it's going to be lights out. I like the idea that he is bringing in young guys who have shown an ability to recruit. I remain hopeful that we can keep an uptempo, versatile, and exciting brand of offense. This year was a lot of fun to watch SU finally have the ability to score points in bunches, and score late to win games. I think SS knows this has to be a priority, and not fall into a slug it out offensive rut.

Good post A4SU. I realize everyone has an opinion and says it which is the way it should be and for me I wanted Marrone to stay, he didn't. I was hoping more staff would stay, a lot left. One thing I am rooting for is that Marrone does well at Buffalo (this stings a little since a lot of staff went for my point) and that recruits saw his success and knew they could come to SU and be on the path to becoming an NFL player if they so desired (and had the talent)...a feeder program for it in a sense. Yes, we'll have fewer staff here from Marrone's tenure but that group that stayed for pretty much 4 years helped build up the base I was hoping they would build. I wish Marrone and all of the guys that went to Buffalo well and success and thank them for their time here and for what they accomplished.

I'm excited about what this new staff is going to do for SU and that of course starts with SS. The new staff does seem to be on the correct course for SU to go to the next level and hopefully Moore and Adamu will stay on along with the guys on the defensive side of the ball. I really hope SU gets to recruit in football like they do in basketball or even close to that type of impact.

I'll get over my disappointment with Marrone after awhile, but until then ....

Gotta say, if I'm a Bills' fan, I'm not down with this at all. I mean, we had a pretty good coaching staff for a rebuilding college program, but the resumes of these guys will not knock the socks off of NFL fans.I'd be pretty PO'd if I had season tickets.

I wish them well, even though I may be frustrated and a little pi$$ed off.

But at the end of the day, if this is the Staff that takes over my NFL team, I'm not psyched on any level. Like anything else, no crystal ball...so no idea. Marrone could be the next Hoody for all I know. But wow...

Maybe Millhouse will chime in. He's a bills fan.

44cuse

I wish them well, even though I may be frustrated and a little pi$$ed off.

But at the end of the day, if this is the Staff that takes over my NFL team, I'm not psyched on any level. Like anything else, no crystal ball...so no idea. Marrone could be the next Hoody for all I know. But wow...

Maybe Millhouse will chime in. He's a bills fan.

44cuse
I think one thing Marrone showed here is he won't hesitate to make a change if he doesn't think things are getting done. He didn't hesitate to change OC's after a year or get rid of native son Conley. I'll be interested to see how things develop.

I come back to the possibility that HCSS may not have wanted Hack to stay, knew Adkins would leave when DM left, felt Wheatley was fine but replaceable and just had a different vision for his coaching staff anyway and was glad they ended up with a place to go and even more that SU won't have to compete against them because they went to the pros.

If we can pull in Erb for RB and Foley for OL and keep Anselmo for ST/RC I have no doubt the staff is better that it was last year. Better suited for the college game, better at the all important recruiting, better for fans in that they're more passionate.

All we fans want is hope. Hope that we can win recruiting battles, games, and conference championships and maybe someday a BCS game/playoff game(I know it's a ways away!). We went without it at the end of P, all of GRob and most of Marrone.

I have hope now, do you?

I come back to the possibility that HCSS may not have wanted Hack to stay, knew Adkins would leave when DM left, felt Wheatley was fine but replaceable and just had a different vision for his coaching staff anyway and was glad they ended up with a place to go and even more that SU won't have to compete against them because they went to the pros.

If we can pull in Erb for RB and Foley for OL and keep Anselmo for ST/RC I have no doubt the staff is better that it was last year. Better suited for the college game, better at the all important recruiting, better for fans in that they're more passionate.

All we fans want is hope. Hope that we can win recruiting battles, games, and conference championships and maybe someday a BCS game/playoff game(I know it's a ways away!). We went without it at the end of P, all of GRob and most of Marrone.

I have hope now, do you?

Only time will tell and we can all be hopeful. I think we are upgrading in the recruiting but we'll see about the actual coaching. I thought Nassib, the OL and the RB's really improved over time. Marked improvement. That's part coaching. The offense got better. That's coaching (and scheme). About the only offensive positiion I didn't think we really improved as much was WR. We had good WR's but I didn't see the steady improvement I saw at QB, RB and OL. We'll see if the new crew can demonstrate the same kind of improvements that Hack (QB/OC), Adkins (OL) and Wheatley (RB) displayed in their groups. We can hope as you say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom