Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 15-20

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 20-25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Czar

All Conference
How many minutes should Rak get a game at the 4/5? Obviously, I think he's proven that he really, REALLY doesn't need the kid gloves in the absence of Melo. He also has proven that he probably is a better backup at the 5 than Baye is. Obviously, this brings a new dimension to our team if he can play the 4 without being a waste of space, and not having to have Fair in there if we're playing a more powerful 4 (Oriakhi?) Thoughts?

Rak playing like he did today at the 4 next to Fab and we are winning the National Championship. I honestly dont think anyone can beat us if this comes to fruition.

Also fwiw even the SportsCenter guy along with Doug Gottlieb said before our highlights that Fab is most likely coming back. No idea how they know this but it seems word is getting out somehow.

Rak playing like he did today at the 4 next to Fab and we are winning the National Championship. I honestly dont think anyone can beat us if this comes to fruition.
Only issue with that is that we have 4 legit guys who can play the 3 or 4 then. I think if Rak improves he'll get half the minutes at the 5 and Fab will get the other half, with BMK occasionally if theres foul trouble. We lose offense if Fab and Rak are in there at the same time.

I don't think Rak will see 10+ min at the 4 in any game unless we're going against UConn (Ohraki, Drummond) or UNC (Henson, Zeller).

Only issue with that is that we have 4 legit guys who can play the 3 or 4 then. I think if Rak improves he'll get half the minutes at the 5 and Fab will get the other half, with BMK occasionally if theres foul trouble.

I don't think Rak will see 10+ min at the 4 in any game unless we're going against UConn (Ohraki, Drummond) or UNC (Henson, Zeller).
It is a dilemma that Rak seems to be so much better at the 5 than Keita. No idea what Keita's deal is but hes just not good enough right now. Also since neither Rak or Fab have established a mid-range jumper spacing is an issue when they're in together but hey, lets see how it works with Fab back (fingers crossed). I think Rak grew up today and I am very much looking forward to seeing if this carries over and he builds off it, even if it is as the starting 4 who plays both pf and c positions throughout the game.

It is a dilemma that Rak seems to be so much better at the 5 than Keita. No idea what Keita's deal is but hes just not good enough right now. Also since neither Rak or Fab have established a mid-range jumper spacing is an issue when they're in together but hey, lets see how it works with Fab back (fingers crossed). I think Rak grew up today and I am very much looking forward to seeing if this carries over and he builds off it, even if it is as the starting 4 who plays both pf and c positions throughout the game.
Yeah that's kind of the issue. With Rak and Melo on the court together they'll both clog the lane, which will hurt our penetration. At least with CJ/South at the 4 they have the midrange game so they can float to the perimeter and open up the floor.

But yes, I think vs. bigger frontlines you will probably see it, but playing teams like Ville/GTown/WVU you won't.

Yeah that's kind of the issue. With Rak and Melo on the court together they'll both clog the lane, which will hurt our penetration. At least with CJ/South at the 4 they have the midrange game so they can float to the perimeter and open up the floor.

But yes, I think vs. bigger frontlines you will probably see it, but playing teams like Ville/GTown/WVU you won't.
^^
This

Rak need to be a better offensive player before he would be valued over CJ Fair and Southerland.

Fair should start at the 4 like he has last two games then have Rak come off the bench as the #2 center

Agree CJ plays much better with Fab in the game. Southerland doesn't need to.

If Rak wants to play like that I wonder if we could play a few minutes of three-two zone with Rak and Fab in the backline and if that would help our rebounding and defense more.

I do agree, for this year...Scoop/Triche/KJo/Fair/Melo with a bench of Dion/Southerland/Rak.

If we need to adjust against uconn, unc, or uk we can throw the giant front line out there with Rak at the 4.

First, Rak played big last night ... he will be a very good one with more experience. And that's why he starts ... to get minutes and experience.
Second, next year with DC2 coming in and maybe if Melo stays 1 more year Baye is going to move much further down the pines. I get soooo frustrated with Baye at times. His hands are like rocks ... he can't seem to catch the ball. He is so thin he gets pushed around by the bigger centers (i.e. Cooley, Gates) ... to see him literally pushed down last night drew a groan from me. He isn't that aggressive and shooting is suspect ... even from under the basket. The kid is a hustler and tries very hard ... but once the 5 is given to Fab, DC2 will be his immediate backup. Rak will move back to the 4 and I think that he has proved he is a very capable player ... HE NEEDS CONFIDENCE IN HIMSELF. He is good.

First, Rak played big last night ... he will be a very good one with more experience. And that's why he starts ... to get minutes and experience.
Second, next year with DC2 coming in and maybe if Melo stays 1 more year Baye is going to move much further down the pines. I get soooo frustrated with Baye at times. His hands are like rocks ... he can't seem to catch the ball. He is so thin he gets pushed around by the bigger centers (i.e. Cooley, Gates) ... to see him literally pushed down last night drew a groan from me. He isn't that aggressive and shooting is suspect ... even from under the basket. The kid is a hustler and tries very hard ... but once the 5 is given to Fab, DC2 will be his immediate backup. Rak will move back to the 4 and I think that he has proved he is a very capable player ... HE NEEDS CONFIDENCE IN HIMSELF. He is good.
Omg, I cringed when I saw that...Keita got tossed like a sack of potatoes. That was sad. Also JB repeatedly says Rak is our only true 4. If he has any kind of mid range jumpshot in his arsenal then him and Melo downlow would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Fair is a 3/4 tweener and I see Southerland as taking over KJo's starting spot at the 3 next year.

I don't want to take anything away from Rak, but it was just one game.

That being said, I think the guy proved he deserves a longer leash. We need meaningful minutes at the 4&5 whether or not Melo comes back. Rak upping his game makes this team scary good. If he can just eat some fouls, grab a few boards, and not make too many mistakes that would be huge. I also liked the hustle I saw out of him last night especially with his motor being questioned at times.

I don't want to take anything away from Rak, but it was just one game.

That being said, I think the guy proved he deserves a longer leash. We need meaningful minutes at the 4&5 whether or not Melo comes back. Rak upping his game makes this team scary good. If he can just eat some fouls, grab a few boards, and not make too many mistakes that would be huge. I also liked the hustle I saw out of him last night especially with his motor being questioned at times.
Agree, however it was a game against one of the biggest, strongest, and most talented big men in the Conference. Gotta be a huge confidence boost for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom