When it Comes Down To It, SU's Problems are 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When it Comes Down To It, SU's Problems are 2

totally disagree with 1. pass blocking is the least of their offensive worries. don't know if i'm alone in that opinion.
Agreed - some of the blame comes on Nassib. When they give him time to throw the long ball he overthrows the guy by 5-10 yards. The boy has no touch on the long ball - it is sad. I sure hope when AB gets here he has that kind of touch and also can scramble out of the pocket to get extra yards like McNabb used to do. We need that kind of explosive QB again.

Agreed - some of the blame comes on Nassib. When they give him time to throw the long ball he overthrows the guy by 5-10 yards. The boy has no touch on the long ball - it is sad. I sure hope when AB gets here he has that kind of touch and also can scramble out of the pocket to get extra yards like McNabb used to do. We need that kind of explosive QB again.

I wouldn't get your hopes up there as far as AB's touch and accuracy

Come on. "No touch on the long ball"? He's had some great throws this season. The one to Provo, the one to Lemon, Dorian's on saturday. All required great touch, and were around 15-20 yards. Downfield he's struggled a bit more but he's still made good throws here and there. Tom Brady doesn't hit all his long balls.

Come on. "No touch on the long ball"? He's had some great throws this season. The one to Provo, the one to Lemon, Dorian's on saturday. All required great touch, and were around 15-20 yards. Downfield he's struggled a bit more but he's still made good throws here and there. Tom Brady doesn't hit all his long balls.
15 yards <> long ball

Watching a QB hit 50 gallon drums at 40 yards in long toss is sick. To expect them to do it while huge dudes are trying to kill them? If you watch the idiotic "Skills Competition" they have once in a decade with NFL QB's, half the QB's involved can't hit a moving target at 40 yards anywhere near the hands. (Most are embarrassingly off target, probably why they don't have QB Skills Competitions anymore.) It is amazing how much a great pass is the Receiver moving to the ball and catching it on the run.

A guy like Tom Brady for whatever reason wasn't very good at Michigan. A guy like Nassib didn't get a shot at Syracuse his first year under our former coach.

Some Post Standard writer commented that Nassib was getting his footballs closest to the barrels. I watched a practice tape where Drew Bledsoe hit like five in a row at 40 yards, but when Brady came in, they won the Super Bowl.

Watching a QB hit 50 gallon drums at 40 yards in long toss is sick. To expect them to do it while huge dudes are trying to kill them? If you watch the idiotic "Skills Competition" they have once in a decade with NFL QB's, half the QB's involved can't hit a moving target at 40 yards anywhere near the hands. (Most are embarrassingly off target, probably why they don't have QB Skills Competitions anymore.) It is amazing how much a great pass is the Receiver moving to the ball and catching it on the run.

A guy like Tom Brady for whatever reason wasn't very good at Michigan. A guy like Nassib didn't get a shot at Syracuse his first year under our former coach.

Some Post Standard writer commented that Nassib was getting his footballs closest to the barrels. I watched a practice tape where Drew Bledsoe hit like five in a row at 40 yards, but when Brady came in, they won the Super Bowl.
Are you really implying that syracuse's inability to connect on the long passes they throw is because of the WR?