When will ‘Cuse win a 2nd title? | Syracusefan.com

When will ‘Cuse win a 2nd title?

CuseN

Walk On
I’ve been thinking a lot about this, and it seems to me that we will always have the fan base and the facilities to compete at the top level post Boeheim regarding recruiting. I think a big key to better recruiting is playing man and zone. With that combination, it’ll be more attractive to top recruits. Do you think it’s possible Boeheim gets NC number 2 before he retires?

I’ve been thinking a lot about this, and it seems to me that we will always have the fan base and the facilities to compete at the top level post Boeheim regarding recruiting. I think a big key to better recruiting is playing man and zone. With that combination, it’ll be more attractive to top recruits. Do you think it’s possible Boeheim gets NC number 2 before he retires?
Only if Jim adds some major talent via the portal

Unfortunately, no. We had golden opportunities in 2010 and 2012, and bad luck nibbed us in the ass both times.

Syracuse won't compete for a national championship again until there's a strategic shift in what we do that aligns more with it contemporary college basketball. Not meant as a knock on Boeheim, but we need a fresh set of ideas and an influx of new energy

Sometime in the 2020’s. To win a title you have to get to the final 4 and we’ve made the final 4 in the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s (x2), so we’ll make a final 4 in the 2020’s and I’ll guess and say we’ll win it all this one. Who the coach is will depend on timing. Next 7 years.

I thought this was a troll alert based on the 3 total posts from the OP.

Uh, no, hes not winning another NC. That window has closed. I just want to see a team that can get ranked in January or finish in the top 4 of the ACC again. When that happens, then I know we can start thinking about a NC. Baby steps, this year was a big step back but Thursdays game against Duke showed to me that JB can be competitive with Duke. Now he has to take the next step and have that performance be more consistent.

This is a very funny question, but I gotta think you must be trolling on your 3rd post -- Boeheim will be nearly 80 years old at the end of next season, the team just had a sub-.500 season, they are losing 2-3 starters including the leading scorer in the ACC, and have no top-30 (impact) freshmen coming in next season. Need I say more?

3rd. We were NCAA champions in 1926.

Boeheim has no shot at another NCAA tournament championship. 1) we don't have the talent, 2) he's not anywhere near as great of a coach as he used to be, and 3) not sure his system is even capable of reaching pinnacle levels in modern NCAA hoops.

I'm really worried about when we'll get back to national relevance. Personally I don't have a lot of faith in Wildhack and expect him to kick the can down the road (yet again) and hire someone from the lineage when the time for a new hire comes (whenever that it is). I could see this spiral out to about 2030 before we go outside the family, then require further rebuilding.

You are welcome.

Boeheim has no shot at another NCAA tournament championship. 1) we don't have the talent, 2) he's not anywhere near as great of a coach as he used to be, and 3) not sure his system is even capable of reaching pinnacle levels in modern NCAA hoops.

I'm really worried about when we'll get back to national relevance. Personally I don't have a lot of faith in Wildhack and expect him to kick the can down the road (yet again) and hire someone from the lineage when the time for a new hire comes (whenever that it is). I could see this spiral out to about 2030 before we go outside the family, then require further rebuilding.
That would be a disaster. And is the exact reason why we shouldn't settle for a unqualified internal hire.

Your last paragraph highlights how dumb it would be to make an internal hire, versus going out side of the program to hire the best possible candidate.

Take heed everyone.

Last edited:
Sometime in the 2020’s. To win a title you have to get to the final 4 and we’ve made the final 4 in the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, 2010’s (x2), so we’ll make a final 4 in the 2020’s and I’ll guess and say we’ll win it all this one. Who the coach is will depend on timing. Next 7 years.
Quite presumptuous.

Past performance does not indicate future results.

Past performance does not indicate future results.

You’re welcome to make a guess. That’s all they are.

I have no idea. I just hope the 2nd title comes sooner than the 2nd coming.

On that note… MasonAtom’s “guess” has to be the most depressing take of the month. God help us all.