When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a game on saturday and they still havent figured this out.

who wants to bet we get to saturday with no decision?

Frustrating for sure, but also somewhat irrelevant as he's not physically ready to play anyway, right?

They should just play him anyway.

I keep creeping closer and closer to this. The NCAA needs teams to play this year. What are they going to do if we just play him? I say screw it. If they can’t don’t their part we should err on the side of the student athlete. (I’m sure there’s probably repercussions, but it’s incredibly frustrating to get to this point)

there a bball guys who asked for waivers way after this and already got it done for a season starting later.. Whether he is ready or not its dumb how long it takes and the reasoning behind some being allowed and others not. If he was ready now SU still couldnt practice him too much because it would be taking reps from starters who need it.

Good news - former 5 star linebacker who decided to transfer from LSU to TCU (6 hour drive) IN JULY just received a waiver for immediate eligibility this season. Thanks NCAA!

not that there’s any question at this point about how corrupt and disingenuous the NCAA is - this is yet another prime example. I’m sure some Texas oil money from a TCU booster didn’t inspire the NCAA to fast track this request from July while other longstanding waiver requests were pushed aside or denied.

Good news - former 5 star linebacker who decided to transfer from LSU to TCU (6 hour drive) IN JULY just received a waiver for immediate eligibility this season. Thanks NCAA!

not that there’s any question at this point about how corrupt and disingenuous the NCAA is - this is yet another prime example. I’m sure some Texas oil money from a TCU booster didn’t inspire the NCAA to fast track this request from July while other longstanding waiver requests were pushed aside or denied.

It is amazing how inept and inconsistent the NCAA organization is.

Have to imagine there is something more to this than what we know. There are almost always channels for escalation and I would be amazed if those have not been used by Syracuse. I would find it hard to believe all humor aside that 10 months will have passed and no word being provided. Those speculating an appeal are probably on the mark.

Have to imagine there is something more to this than what we know. There are almost always channels for escalation and I would be amazed if those have not been used by Syracuse. I would find it hard to believe all humor aside that 10 months will have passed and no word being provided. Those speculating an appeal are probably on the mark.

Maybe.

But what I can't believe is that in an offseason of unprecedented global pandemic, where the NCAA is handing out transfer waivers like Halloween candy, that Bleich wouldn't have his waiver approved.

I would kick in a few bucks to any Go Fund Me effort to pay legal expenses for the kid to sue the NCAA.
tenor.gif

I know that some waivers have been denied, but I seem to be hearing about many that have been approved. I'd love to see a tally of how many have been approved, denied or are still in NCAA purgatory.

As long as there is transparency with the schools and families that is really all that should be required. As a fan would I like transparency? Sure but really I care more that the family and staff are fully aware of what is happening. If they are then that is reasonable. If allot of schools have this issue, isnt there a means to challenge the NCAA to streamline?

Last edited:
I know that some waivers have been denied, but I seem to be hearing about many that have been approved. I'd love to see a tally of how many have been approved, denied or are still in NCAA purgatory.

And how long they have been pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors