When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

When will Chris Bleich receive an NCAA waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On #1 - this is an issue raised by many hardship waiver requests. There was a kid down in North Carolina a year or two back, I think he was either transferring into VT or out of. Whatever the case he transferred to a school that was 5 miles out of the transfer 'radius' (there is such a thing who knew) AND his mother had cancer. His request for immediate eligibility was denied.

So I would like to know why his request was denied but the two Quarterbacks mentioned above (moving 3000 miles from home and no medical issues) were granted.
Sorry, I don't mean to argue with you. Cordial interaction and discussion is what these forums generally provide. I'll try to stay within that...lol

There are numerous caveats with all of the NCAA waiver rules.
In the case of the VT player's mom that had a cancer diagnosis, the NCAA may or may not use that as the sole criteria. Yes, that distance thing probably came up. When the illness was diagnosed, prognosis for cure, need for care, etc. are considered as well. There are a bunch of other things too.

Also, the input of school that is releasing the player can be a factor (might be a consideration in the Bleich case).

Sorry, I don't mean to argue with you. Cordial interaction and discussion is what these forums generally provide. I'll try to stay within that...lol

There are numerous caveats with all of the NCAA waiver rules.
In the case of the VT player's mom that had a cancer diagnosis, the NCAA may or may not use that as the sole criteria. Yes, that distance thing probably came up. When the illness was diagnosed, prognosis for cure, need for care, etc. are considered as well. There are a bunch of other things too.

Also, the input of school that is releasing the player can be a factor (might be a consideration in the Bleich case).

All the caveats are partially why the need for some transparency.

My guess - Bleich's waiver was denied and Syracuse is appealing. just a guess.

I hate to point this out ...but Then your general comments shouldn't be on this Bleich recruiting thread. It should be on the general FB board.
Incorrect. None of this discussion should have been on the recruiting forum. This player is enrolled and on campus. The recruiting forum is for recruiting discussions.

For us to get a guy like this he would have to be eligible and a fast learner which there isn’t time and we need guards .. BTW bliech Isn’t physically ready yet anyway

Yep, pretty easy to go along with the crowd. NCAA is an easy target. I made valid points regarding why the Bleich family's info is none of our business. Sorry, I didn't edit my inaccuracies like you did in your post./ Just sayin'. Stay on topic...skip the cheap shots from the keyboard.
And another miss.

For us to get a guy like this he would have to be eligible and a fast learner which there isn’t time and we need guards .. BTW bliech Isn’t physically ready yet anyway
Going into 2020, I thought we had more depth at OG that at any other position on the OL.
Dakota Davis started last year.
Chris Bleich started for UF last year.
Pat Davis is a senior who played significant parts of several games at guard last season.
Darius Tisdale played in a few games and started for a year of JUCO ball.
Mark Petry started last season at guard at JUCO.
Qadir White was a highly touted, heavily recruited player a couple of years ago.

It sounds like the Davis guys and Bleich are not able to play right now.
What are we looking at to start the season? Tisdale and maybe Petry to start the season? Is Anthony Red healthy? Could he play OG in a pinch? What about Wil Froumy?

Going into 2020, I thought we had more depth at OG that at any other position on the OL.
Dakota Davis started last year.
Chris Bleich started for UF last year.
Pat Davis is a senior who played significant parts of several games at guard last season.
Darius Tisdale played in a few games and started for a year of JUCO ball.
Mark Petry started last season at guard at JUCO.
Qadir White was a highly touted, heavily recruited player a couple of years ago.

It sounds like the Davis guys and Bleich are not able to play right now.
What are we looking at to start the season? Tisdale and maybe Petry to start the season? Is Anthony Red healthy? Could he play OG in a pinch? What about Wil Froumy?

What's going on with Davis?

What's going on with Davis?
A recent PS article hinted he wasn’t appearing in practice videos or pictures. Might be dinged up.

A recent PS article hinted he wasn’t appearing in practice videos or pictures. Might be dinged up.

That sucks. Play the five best. Maybe the Canadian kid can move inside if we have depth at tackle. He seemed like a mauler.

On #1 - this is an issue raised by many hardship waiver requests. There was a kid down in North Carolina a year or two back, I think he was either transferring into VT or out of. Whatever the case he transferred to a school that was 5 miles out of the transfer 'radius' (there is such a thing who knew) AND his mother had cancer. His request for immediate eligibility was denied.

So I would like to know why his request was denied but the two Quarterbacks mentioned above (moving 3000 miles from home and no medical issues) were granted.
He was transferring into VaTech. It was one of the most ridiculous rulings I’ve seen. One of the Core reasons the transfer rules were even implemented and they failed that poor kid.

The NCAA dragging their heels on this could be a life-altering thing for Chris Bleich. Doesn’t the NCAA know that Bleich’s Life Matters?

"First of all, we're not allowed to talk about all that stuff because it's still tied into the N-C-two A," Babers said during his weekly press conference on Monday. "Even from a legal standpoint, putting his business out in the street, we're not allowed to do that. I will say that we're really interested in hearing some news so that we can decide what's going with him."
crickets...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online