"When You Get Your Team You Can Make That Call" | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

"When You Get Your Team You Can Make That Call"

TheCusian said:
And we can agree both teams are better than team Mcit/Lester from last year

Don't know if it's true but I heard last night we had more yards rushing and passing last year. I think it was per game. But more TDs this year.

rrlbees said:
Don't know if it's true but I heard last night we had more yards rushing and passing last year. I think it was per game. But more TDs this year.

I'd believe it counting just the first 5 games. Our QB injury bug hit in the front end this year vs last year. Plus that Maryland game was crazy high #'s - but emblematic of our red zone issues.

TheCusian said:
If we figure out pace and more plays per game and/or have two halves of consistent offense you may have to retire your Lester shtick.
Yes if they get more first downs and turn had halves into good halves , they'll be better

One thing I noticed between the two teams offensive line is that Va.'s players can get out and move in space while ours can't get out of each others shadows. Just look at all the successful screens where their o-line gets out in space and make solid blocks while we can't run screens as we are always bunched up. Same with USF.

I am not impressed with the conditioning/size of our O-line. Something is not right and it has been a problem for way too long. Things need to change.

Fire Will Hicks

Millhouse said:
Yes if they get more first downs and turn had halves into good halves , they'll be better

Point is that if both halves looked horrible, we'd be talking about a new OC that is hired by a new HC... If we get more consistent our numbers would be pretty good

TheCusian said:
Point is that if both halves looked horrible, we'd be talking about a new OC that is hired by a new HC... If we get more consistent our numbers would be pretty good
Inconsistent is better than consistently terrible but I don't want either