Where do college players come from? | Syracusefan.com

Where do college players come from?

bnoro

Lurker
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but due to all the discussion that often occurs about where the staff needs to recruit I wanted to bring it to people's attention. Not only does the map measure the states D1 players come out of, it even breaks it down into counties.

While it's not an exact science, since it appears to list players from where they spent their last year of college (i.e. JUCOs listed from their JUCO rather HS) it is extremely interesting. You can see every single D1 recruit or break it down by school/conference. You can also see the best places to land certain positions. Very cool.

Have fun.

http://mode.github.io/blog/2014-01-16-football-hometowns/index.html#

Nice. Would be cool if they showed only BCS schools...

When a man and a woman love each other very much (or have had a lot of drinks)....

Good stuff. I've always imagined our coaching staff to have similar maps.

new york represents far better than you'd think on both of those maps.

new york represents far better than you'd think on both of those maps.

i know. i like the nfl one because that tells you where the best talent is. the college one, in my opinion, tells you were the best coaching and development of high school players is. you look at some of these 6'4" atheletes from new york state who don't have that freakish athletic ability or height to play major college hoops and wonder what they would be like if they played football from the get go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom