Where do we finish in the polls? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where do we finish in the polls?

CFP did not update the ranking in the final week. We were ranked #17 on AP and Coach Poll. But most teams close above us won their bowl games. We may only jump West Virginia.

#16 Most likely.
#15 If we also jump Penn State.
#14 If we jump Penn State and Michigan (10-3).

We need Texas to lose last night, but it did not happen. Also Washington (10-4) almost beat Ohio State, I don't think we can jump ahead of them, unlike Michigan lost big on their bowl game.
Watch out for Texas A&M coming up on the rail.

now SU will get preseason poll respect. As long as they take care of business, the later time slots will be there for the taking. No more Noon games!

We will finish 13

Don't think for 1 second that I don't see whatcha did there...

This guy says hi...
1546483726419.jpeg

Looks like 14-15, but should be higher. Not sure how we were only 20th in CFBP poll. We lost to #2 and #3. We shouldn’t have 4 loss teams ahead of us.

In retrospect, that is shocking, isn't it? At least a couple of those teams should have been Top 10.
Speaks volumes about conservative playcalling, not spreading the field and overscheduling. The expectation was that each year was going to be the breakthrough year... and they always found a way to choke a winnable game.

Looks like 14-15, but should be higher. Not sure how we were only 20th in CFBP poll. We lost to #2 and #3. We shouldn’t have 4 loss teams ahead of us.

I can't disagree with this at all.

I understand but for many pollsters, it's not just who you lost to but who you beat. NC State was our best win in the regular season and they got trounced by TAMU. And after the initial feel-good commentaries and articles about our win over #15 WVU, lately when it is mentioned, the vast majority of them seem to only want to point out why WVU lost due to Grier sitting.

Top 10 teams who lost their bowls are unlikely to drop below 15. So since #s 10, 11, 12, and 14 won I foresee them moving up to replace #s 6, 7, 8, and 9. #13 PSU and #15 WVU will drop out of the Top 15 and Kentucky will get one of those spots. That leaves us and #21 TAMU for the final spot in the Top 15. I so want it to be us, but as Willy75 said earlier in the thread, watch out of the Aggies cause they are coming up on the rail. Hope we either hold them or someone drops more significantly than usual.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom