Where do we go from here? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Where do we go from here?

I am on record as noting he was unhappy and seriously considering leaving. I hope he doesn't but if he or someone else leaves I won't be surprised. I like next years recruiting class though and there a few guys who were on the bench this year that could surprise.

I like surprises... as long as they are good surprises.

We had no choice but to take the ACC. NONE . Like it or not it was a blessing and secured the programs future. Just need the right leader now
I think you are missing the point. Lets forget about the fact smart successful people always have choices (ND and villanova come to mind who did not have to follow SU exact path and did in fact have choices). But the whole point of this thread is discussing where we go from here. So my question is what is going to change for SU in ACC anytime soon? Enjoy that future that the ACC supposedly secured! lol. Minus a 25 game stretch and 4 game stretch the last 5 seasons have been NOTHING like JB is used to and what makes you think next coach will be any different?

I think you are missing the point. Lets forget about the fact smart successful people always have choices (ND and villanova come to mind who did not have to follow SU exact path and did in fact have choices). But the whole point of this thread is discussing where we go from here. So my question is what is going to change for SU in ACC anytime soon? Enjoy that future that the ACC supposedly secured! lol. Minus a 25 game stretch and 4 game stretch the last 5 seasons have been NOTHING like JB is used to and what makes you think next coach will be any different?

We did not have a choice to stay in the Big East. We have a football program.. That is a basketball only conference now. We would be in the AAC if not, What is so hard for you to understand about that or are you purposely trying not to understand?

JB is on autopilot. Because of that things are more likely to get worse than stay the same until he retires.
I think each of the next 3 seasons will be a slightly worse than the preceding one. Recruiting is in a decline and with recruits knowing JB is quickly nearing the end , who wants to sign up for an unsettled situation? Look at next season. Staff knew we need a center to replace Chucky. Did we get one ? No. We need a PG to replace Howard. Did we get a 4 star pure PG? No. We have SG's who will attempt to make into a PG. It's so frustrating watching college games and seeing many mid majors with centers who put our guys to shame. Yet we don't recruit them. Maybe because they aren't "athletic" enough or have the right wing span for the zone. But they can shoot. Can put the ball on the floor to get to the rim. Can grab rebounds. And why in the world do we never have more than 7 guys out of 12 ships that can actually play well enough to be put into a game? If they can't play why are they on 'ship? This has bothered me for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom