Where should SU concentrate their recruiting efforts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where should SU concentrate their recruiting efforts

I think we have raised our profile enough to really start battling for the top NY and NJ kids. Clemson win last year and great win this year. Even that ND game seen on National tv was a big deal for NY city recruits. Steal a bowl game in 2 weeks and we have a great story to tell about the rise of the once mighty Syracuse football team. The one thingvi like about Dr Gross was his branding of us as NY's college team. Time to start attacking the NE as hard as we recruit S Florida. Penn St free reign to pick over the best Mid Atlantic players has come to a end. Lets GO Orange!!!!!
No truer words have ever been spoken

You guys ever look at the talent coming out of the Mid-Atlantic area? So we are clear I am talking DC up to Syracuse. Draw a straight line on google earth between the 2 and a radius of 200 miles up and down that line. Loaded with talent!!!!!

You guys ever look at the talent coming out of the Mid-Atlantic area? So we are clear I am talking DC up to Syracuse. Draw a straight line on google earth between the 2 and a radius of 200 miles up and down that line. Loaded with talent!!!!!
And it doesn't mean that all that talent can qualify academically, fit what the coaches need/want to fit their scheme or want to come to SU.

And it doesn't mean that all that talent can qualify academically, fit what the coaches need/want to fit their scheme

This is true!!! But if the teams better than us ND Penn St Mich poach the top talent from here, pretty sure some of these kids would be huge upgrades for us.

437 for 21-22 spots. Can't wait to see how many are offered in 2020.

437 for 21-22 spots. Can't wait to see how many are offered in 2020.

I knew that a Stanford offer is a really big deal but surprised how selective Chip is being at UCLA. They don't have many commits either so maybe they have a small class coming.

I knew that a Stanford offer is a really big deal but surprised how selective Chip is being at UCLA. They don't have many commits either so maybe they have a small class coming.
I think some schools have more available in state talent plus schools with coaching changes are going to be rebuilding depth for 3-4 years and will have to offer more to fill spots.

We're still focused geographically on the Mid Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, Mass), South Atlantic (the DMV down through the Carolinas to Florida) and East North Central (Ohio, MI, Ill, Wis.) regions. Once in a while we get a kid from Texas, Oregon, etc.. but those are the 3 main ones - and it's not hard to figure out why from this D-1 FB heat map:
C9sxAneXoAEyAcH.jpg

Last edited:
I think some schools have more available in state talent plus schools with coaching changes are going to be rebuilding depth for 3-4 years and will have to offer more to fill spots.

That doesn't correlate with what Chip is doing. He is in the 3rd or 4th most talented state and this is his 1st full recruiting class at UCLA. He's being ultra selective for some other reason. Likely because he has exact specifications for what he wants at every position.

That doesn't correlate with what Chip is doing. He is in the 3rd or 4th most talented state and this is his 1st full recruiting class at UCLA. He's being ultra selective for some other reason. Likely because he has exact specifications for what he wants at every position.
Chip got a commit this week from a kid whose best offer outside of UCLA was the California School of Mines. Guy is clueless.

Chip got a commit this week from a kid whose best offer outside of UCLA was the California School of Mines. Guy is clueless.

He absolutely destroyed the pac-12 with midpack recruiting classes not to long ago. I'm a believer in what he does, more so at the college level than pros as kids are more adaptable.

In the ongoing discussion on Syracuse recruiting I found this interesting. Penn St, OH ST, ND continue to dominate recruting in NY, NJ, Conn markets while Syracuse focuses on S Florida. This is a interesting list of talented players. I would be thrilled if we got 2 of these players. Please let me know your thoughts

Ten players to know in New Jersey's 2020 class

LET'S GO ORANGE!!!

I think they should just keep doing what they are doing...talent is talent and clearly we are upgrading the roster.
And our recruting class is ranked 53!!! Behind those football powerhouses like Northwestern 51 Duke 47 Virginia 39 and Indiana 38. Our recruting class is even worse than Maryland 46 and Miami 28. Both of those teams had utter chaos and coaching changes.

I love coach Babers and I know he got his toes wet for really the 1st time ever with 4 star recruits the last 2 cycles (Trill, Hendrix,White 2018 and Kpogba Nunn and Jones this year all who had a 4 star in one of the big 4 services) but its time to get consensus 4 or dare i say 5 star recruits if we want to take the next step. Last year was great and fun to watch except that ND beatdown. But its time to put the program back on the National Map with a pipeline to keep us there.

Focus?

While recruiting nationally, I hope we dial in on NJ, DMV, Georgia and continue our efforts in Florida.

Looks like the coaches are going after some "hogs" up front guys early and often. That is very smart of them getting the foothold on some real good O-line boys. Then nail the D-line boys just as hard. We are doing really well with cbs and safeties and wrs. Need a top QB or two, and a rb and a couple TEs. So exciting watching this coaching staff do what they do best. Go SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom