Where was heard? | Syracusefan.com

Where was heard?

And what a difference! Fadil was a man possessed!
He played an amazing game…. I’m curious if the Diggs to LB is permanent or a one off. I’m concerns he is too slow to get to the sideline on a sideline screen or a check down to the sideline. He definitely got beat on one of those.today/

I hear lots of comparisons between Diggs and Freeney because both are pass rushers, but I see more C. Jones in his body type and game, and the occasional LB snaps only reinforce that.

He played an amazing game…. I’m curious if the Diggs to LB is permanent or a one off. I’m concerns he is too slow to get to the sideline on a sideline screen or a check down to the sideline. He definitely got beat on one of those.today/
Without Diggs in the center it's a different game IMO. His line Solo 4 Ast/ 3 Tot 7/ TFL 2/ 4 YDS.

I imaging depending on who we are playing his position will change but he was great today

If I heard him correctly, Coach Fran said it was a new defense just for this game.

I have to say for all the flack Elijah caught last game, he really made up for it today, assuming this was mostly his doing? Diggs seemed to enjoy being deployed all over the field.
Great job

GT is a pretty unique offense for what we will see this year. VT and BC similar.

My GTech buddy said they played like crap. As a Syracuse fan, I think it's just they went up against a good D. We'll see over the coming weeks. I'm glad we have the head to head win. We need to just win one at a time.

My GTech buddy said they played like crap. As a Syracuse fan, I think it's just they went up against a good D. We'll see over the coming weeks. I'm glad we have the head to head win. We need to just win one at a time.

Any team that gets 2 blocked kicks and recovers an onside kick should win the game.
No excuses.

After last weeks struggle with the 4-2-5, sparrow and McDonald looked much more comfortable in the 3-3. The Sam and the Will were back to doing what they were used to doing last year, (except for McDonald’s missed tackle). Middle linebacker is the easiest position to learn in the 3-3 and Diggs excelled in it because he could freelance knowing he had help to the outside. Amazing how one week later no one is accusing our defense of being slow. They were again playing downhill versus reacting. It’s amazing despite practicing all summer in the 4-2 how easily they adapted to the 3-3. Great coaching. I would be very surprised if this is a one game defense as Fran said. It was night and day different from last week. Also, it’s kind of interesting, I saw Watson play a few snaps at DE at 310 lbs. This year appears we finally have the personnel to play the 3-3. So again, I predict we see more.

Any team that gets 2 blocked kicks and recovers an onside kick should win the game.
No excuses.

Nah. It’s not like they returned kicks or picks for TDs. We lost 3 points on the block fg that’s it. They didn’t score on either kick and the onsides means they’re losing the game.

It would have been much better if we had won this game by 21 points. Everyone would sit up and take notice. We let an ass-whoopin' get away.
Agreed, it may cost us a ranking come Monday. But, at the end of the day, anyone watching (that isn't a GT fan) will recognize a formidable offense AND defense. But, we really need to address the special teams.

After last weeks struggle with the 4-2-5, sparrow and McDonald looked much more comfortable in the 3-3. The Sam and the Will were back to doing what they were used to doing last year, (except for McDonald’s missed tackle). Middle linebacker is the easiest position to learn in the 3-3 and Diggs excelled in it because he could freelance knowing he had help to the outside. Amazing how one week later no one is accusing our defense of being slow. They were again playing downhill versus reacting. It’s amazing despite practicing all summer in the 4-2 how easily they adapted to the 3-3. Great coaching. I would be very surprised if this is a one game defense as Fran said. It was night and day different from last week. Also, it’s kind of interesting, I saw Watson play a few snaps at DE at 310 lbs. This year appears we finally have the personnel to play the 3-3. So again, I predict we see more.

College defenses should be attacking. The talent usually isn’t good enough to handle it.

I have to say for all the flack Elijah caught last game, he really made up for it today, assuming this was mostly his doing? Diggs seemed to enjoy being deployed all over the field.
If you’re blaming him for last week you have to give him credit for this week. Just a general statement not directed at you personally but it goes with the territory as a DC

Nah. It’s not like they returned kicks or picks for TDs. We lost 3 points on the block fg that’s it. They didn’t score on either kick and the onsides means they’re losing the game.
They took 3 points off the board and then scored off the incredible field position from the onsides kick. They couldn't capitalize on the blocked punt. But, a blocked punt is usually a huge swing. If we got those three things to happen in one game, I would expect to win 99% of the time.

They took 3 points off the board and then scored off the incredible field position from the onsides kick. They couldn't capitalize on the blocked punt. But, a blocked punt is usually a huge swing. If we got those three things to happen in one game, I would expect to win 99% of the time.

In a close game sure but this wasn’t a close game until they scored off the onsides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom