Where were you when you heard . . . | Syracusefan.com

Where were you when you heard . . .

themole

Starter
The news about SU and the ACC?

(Usually this sort of thing is for when you heard horrid news, so how about when you heard good news?)

I was out with my spouse and then-infant son, had just toured a museum, and was back in the car headed home, sitting in the back seat. I got on my phone and was surfing a few sites, among them ESPN.com, to check some early football scores. Down under the scores I saw

"Syracuse, Pittsburgh Apply to Join ACC's Ranks"

It was one of those head-fake moments where I scrolled past it briefly, then went, "wait, what??" and was immediately quite confused. I don't think I had been on this site that day or the night before and hadn't heard whatever rumors there were. Naturally this site was the next place I went lol

In the hospital...the day after my first kid was born.

What an interesting weekend.

IIRC I was online and read the Pete Thamel article I believe on a Friday night. Had actually just returned from Chapel Hill.

I was in Atlanta getting ready to head out to Sweetwater Brewery I believe.

I was on 690 West heading to Baldwinsville to coach my son in a pre season Pop Warner football game.

The news about SU and the ACC?

(Usually this sort of thing is for when you heard horrid news, so how about when you heard good news?)

I was out with my spouse and then-infant son, had just toured a museum, and was back in the car headed home, sitting in the back seat. I got on my phone and was surfing a few sites, among them ESPN.com, to check some early football scores. Down under the scores I saw

"Syracuse, Pittsburgh Apply to Join ACC's Ranks"

It was one of those head-fake moments where I scrolled past it briefly, then went, "wait, what??" and was immediately quite confused. I don't think I had been on this site that day or the night before and hadn't heard whatever rumors there were. Naturally this site was the next place I went lol

Wait - people actually committed this to memory? I mean, I know where I was when I heard about 9/11, but SU changing conferences?

Wait - people actually committed this to memory? I mean, I know where I was when I heard about 9/11, but SU changing conferences?
This

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I was sitting in my vehicle waiting for the guy at a powder coating shop to come open the doors so I could drop off a wheel they had hosed up the first time they did it. It was a torrential downpour and the guy was coming in from home to let me in. Pulled out my iPhone and checked here to see the thread. Jaw dropped!

I was spending the weekend with my daughter in Chicago, got back to my hotel late Friday night after an evening of drinking and, as I do every night, checked in on this site and the rumors were beginning to spread like wildfire. Needless to say I spent the remainder of the weekend glued to my iphone and ipad much to my daughter's dismay--but she's used to my obsessiveness with all things cuse.

I think it came across the bottom line on ESPN during the UCONN/Iowa State game that Friday night.

I was watching with my brother and he said "wait -- what did that just say about Syracuse?"

I know where I was when SU got the shaft at the first ACC go-around. I also remember that the Yankees were victims to a team no-hitter around the same time. It all went down in a span of days in June, 2003.

I was at my buddies Bachelor Party. We rented a house and were eating and drinking all weekend. I vomited right after reading it on the ESPN bottom line although I'm not certain going to the ACC was the reason.

I was at my buddies Bachelor Party. We rented a house and were eating and drinking all weekend. I vomited right after reading it on the ESPN bottom line although I'm not certain going to the ACC was the reason.
Thanks for sharing.

at Mandalay Bay. Saw it on the ESPN ticker in the morning while drinking my breakfast beers.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tailgating in Clemson (Auburn @ Clemson that Saturday) - I didn't hear the news on Friday night 'cause I needed to go to bed early

I also heard the news Saturday morning. I was checking the internet right before I start my usual Saturday morning workout. I know - it's an exciting story! I hope I get to play myself in the made for tv movie!

Pretty sure I was at DSyR/Strumphasaurus' house pregaming for the bars. The pregame quickly turned into the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom