Which Crap Bowl Do You Prefer? | Syracusefan.com

Which Crap Bowl Do You Prefer?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Assuming we get to 6 wins:

I think the Pizza Bowl or Whatever it is called in Birmingham would be the best bowl for the team:

The game is in early January...so that means less disruptions for SU at Finals time. The Beef Bowl, while a more desirable location, is on Dec 20th and it only allows 3 weeks of prep with finals thrown in there.

Personally I want St. Pete but I think Birmingham might be better

Pinstripe

Sent from my DROIDX

I'll take any bowl we can get. If I had to pick, I would probably pick the Beef bowl, only because Legion Field is falling apart.

Not to make the obvious post but if we do make a bowl, I really won't care at that point. I'll just be so relieved that I get to watch another game regardless of where it is.

I'd also select Pinstripe. Good NYC exposure once again and the most convenient for me. I don't think we will get invited and will have to settle for Beef or Pizza - if we are lucky.

Not to make the obvious post but if we do make a bowl, I really won't care at that point. I'll just be so relieved that I get to watch another game regardless of where it is.

This ^^^^^^

We may very well get left out. Here is how I see it right now...

Beef if Pitt +1, USF +1, and UConn +2 are not Bowl eligible

Liberty if the 8th best SEC team (Vandy +1, Miss St +1, Tenn +2 1) and 2 of the BE teams above are not elibible

Music City if the 9th best SEC team is not Bowl eligible and we are the most attractive at large

Hawaii if a 3rd WAC team (Hawaii +12, NM St +2, Utah St +21) is not eligible and we are the most attractive at large

Armed Forces if Houston makes the BCS and the 5th best CUSA team (UTEP +1, Marshall +1, ECU +21, UCF +2) is not eligible

New Orleans if Houston makes the BCS and UTEP +1 is not eligible

New Mexico if Boise makes the BCS and the 5th best MWC team ( Air Force +1) is not eligible

Also the New Mexico if two P12 teams make the BCS. Or if UCLA +1 is not eligible

Hunger if two P12 teams make the BCS and UCLA is not eligible

Also Hunger Military if NC St +1 is not eligible

Hunger has an at large since the ACC does not have enough teams

In addition the following teams can beat us out for at large bids:

One of ISU or Texas Tech +1, 2 of the 3 BE teams above, Purdue +1, Illinois, 1 of the 3 SEC teams above, and the possibility of a non BCS team that is close to a Bowl above being more attractive for ticket sales.

So cheer against all those + teams above.

mark to be honest any bowl game is great, we are 3 years removed from grob this year i will take anything...we cleaned out 18 seniors or jrs to be marroen first year we knew this class wasnt goin to be top class heavy...next year it champs sports bowl or bust...

...we cleaned out 18 seniors or jrs to be marroen first year we knew this class wasnt goin to be top class heavy.

Yea, shame we did since most of them were less a problem than many on the team now.

Sent from my DROIDX

Pinstripe is great but its so damn expensive and hard to get a hotel in NYC that time of year. On that note, i say any bowl we can possibly get to.

Sad to say but I'm all about the extra practices. The bowl itself doesn't matter. I won't be going to anything other than the Pinstripe, so that would be great but I doubt that happens.

Any bowl!

But Pinstripe is the no-brainer. And I'd prefer no non-AQ conference schools.

Any bowl. My preferences are:

1. Pinstripe Bowl
2. Military Bowl (DC)

Yea, shame we did since most of them were less a problem than many on the team now.

Sent from my DROIDX
Not asking for names, but is it an attitude thing, immaturity, or just not good guys that are plaguing this team.

Not asking for names, but is it an attitude thing, immaturity, or just not good guys that are plaguing this team.

all of the above, plus a lack of player leadership.

Hogue and Smith were so valuable last season. I find this to be kind of depressing really, remember Marrone speaking about how the recruits were all captains of their high school teams. He speaks so much about the leadership program and growing men. This group really doesn't seem to be responding. I have to wonder how many other players will be joining Mr Thomas in playing somewhere else next season. Not to go off in a different direction but a reorganization of the staff my not be a bad idea. I am not saying fire people just reassign them.

Hogue and Smith were so valuable last season. I find this to be kind of depressing really, remember Marrone speaking about how the recruits were all captains of their high school teams. He speaks so much about the leadership program and growing men. This group really doesn't seem to be responding. I have to wonder how many other players will be joining Mr Thomas in playing somewhere else next season. Not to go off in a different direction but a reorganization of the staff my not be a bad idea. I am not saying fire people just reassign them.

Part of the problem IMO is that we picked 3 great kids, hard workers and great students, but not vocal in your face leaders as captains.

I don't care where we wind up if we can win one more, I will be there.

Having said that, I could see us being left out this year even if we get the 6th win.

Oh, and go WVU. I will puke in my mouth if the Girls win this stinkin conference while we're still doing time here.

Any bowl at this point but Pnstripe in NYC would be awesome again. If Rutgers goes to the BCS, did I really say that, we might get there again but need to win on Saturday.

I vote for anything BUT the Pinstripe. I mean mix it up a bit.

The Hawaii Bowl would ruin a lot of Christmas Eve's in this area and I am guessing we would travel very poorly to that game with the holiday and all. But it is the game that gives SU the most exposure. Primetime Christmas Eve night after all the NFL games have been played with no other sporting events on at that time I believe.

I think the Pizza Bowl or Whatever it is called in Birmingham would be the best bowl for the team:

The game is in early January...so that means less disruptions for SU at Finals time. The Beef Bowl, while a more desirable location, is on Dec 20th and it only allows 3 weeks of prep with finals thrown in there.

I hope they make a bowl game for one reason. The extra practices it will give the young players especially QB Terrell Hunt.

Well I guess your high fallootin Long Horns will go for their big BCS bowl or whatever but I find it condesending that you call our bowl chances for being for a "crap bowl". We may not be in our glory years right now but soon enough we will be back there especially at the rate HCDM has this team improving and you may just one day see US in a bowl against your long horns, and we may just destroy them - be careful who you're not nice to on the way up cuz their the same ones you will see on your way DOWN.

Obviously you have confused us with RutGIRLZ or PUKEonn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom