Which Crap Bowl Do You Prefer? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Which Crap Bowl Do You Prefer?

... I find this to be kind of depressing really, remember Marrone speaking about how the recruits were all captains of their high school teams...

Outside of players from the "factory" high schools, I'd venture that most D-1 players were captains of their high school teams.

Assuming we get to 6 wins:

I think the Pizza Bowl or Whatever it is called in Birmingham would be the best bowl for the team:

The game is in early January...so that means less disruptions for SU at Finals time. The Beef Bowl, while a more desirable location, is on Dec 20th and it only allows 3 weeks of prep with finals thrown in there.

Personally I want St. Pete but I think Birmingham might be better

its kinda hard to talk bowl while on this pathetic 3 game losing streak and having played only one complete game this season...doesnt matter i guess, the extra practices will benefit the team and as seen last year in the pinstripe, "hackone" apparently need 4 weeks to put an effective offensive gameplan together

Here's a question. :D

Would you cheer for Rutgers to win the BE if it meant we go to the Pinstripe?

Here's a question. :D

Would you cheer for Rutgers to win the BE if it meant we go to the Pinstripe?
Speaking for myself...Unlike many here I don't get consumed with Rutgers and what they do. If Rutgers ends up in the Sugar and loses to Oklahoma St by 50 or goes to the Orange and loses to VT by like 40...I wouldn't shed a tear nor care that they made a BCS bowl game

Well I guess your high fallootin Long Horns will go for their big BCS bowl or whatever but I find it condesending that you call our bowl chances for being for a "crap bowl". We may not be in our glory years right now but soon enough we will be back there especially at the rate HCDM has this team improving and you may just one day see US in a bowl against your long horns, and we may just destroy them - be careful who you're not nice to on the way up cuz their the same ones you will see on your way DOWN.

Obviously you have confused us with RutGIRLZ or PUKEonn
Lighten up, Francis. Mark is Orange (SU Orange, that is) through and through.

Beef Bowl over No Bowl.

Any other bowl that doesn't play a mid major over Beef or any bowl that does.

I'm more about the opponent than anything else. Playing a CUSA team doesn't seem like much of a reward, outside of the extra practices.

Well I guess your high fallootin Long Horns will go for their big BCS bowl or whatever but I find it condesending that you call our bowl chances for being for a "crap bowl". We may not be in our glory years right now but soon enough we will be back there especially at the rate HCDM has this team improving and you may just one day see US in a bowl against your long horns, and we may just destroy them - be careful who you're not nice to on the way up cuz their the same ones you will see on your way DOWN.

Wow. Just wow. Welcome, long time reader, first time poster.

Wow. Just wow. Welcome, long time reader, first time poster.
I understand the first time poster. Thinking TexanMark is a Longhorn fan if you're a long time reader, I don't get.

I understand the first time poster. Thinking TexanMark is a Longhorn fan if you're a long time reader, I don't get.
Not to mention disputing that our post-season possibilities are a bunch of "crap bowls"

I see the only way we get the Pinstripe is if Rutgirls gets the BCS...otherwise I see them being chosen. They traveled well under 10k for their last game in Yankee Stadium...sure the Yanks will love it.

To Saltine...LOL welcome to the board. No worries.

I'm not thrilled with the Pinstripe since we did that one last year...and frankly I think this team needs to win in a bowl more than getting a better bowl...I disagree with Chip about CUSA...no one will remember you beat or lost to Tulsa or ECU or UCF in the bowl anyways...might as well get some extra practice and a better shot at a win.

I agree with Stern the Hawaii Bowl would be a good experience. BTW, they (The Bowl Committee) don't expect a school from NY to sell more than 500 tix anyways. Not sure what the guarantee is but expect Cuse to lose money on it but the exposure would be good.

I will take any bowl, crap or otherwise. We need to show recruits progress and regress.

Point taken- TexanMark is as much an Orange fan, if not more, than most. And his presence on this board is legendary.

New Orleans Bowl.

Fun place for fans and players and homecoming for Coach Marrone.

I would love to see us win out and go the Pinstripe. I know we did it last year, but until we get it to the next level, that bowl was a lot of fun and easy to get to. ...and heck, who doens't mind a reason to go to NYC?

New Orleans Bowl.

Fun place for fans and players and homecoming for Coach Marrone.

We'd already have our tailgate spot figured out...(Tulane game)

We'd already have our tailgate spot figured out...(Tulane game)

Should be around the same amount of fans as well!

This reminds me of when SU played McNeese St.

I just hope our game is Dec 31st or later. That way I can go. I would prefer that it not be in New Orleans as well. I went there for Tulane and will be there again for the Final Four (whether we make it or not). Three times in 6 months is overkill.

BE BCS will be Cincy or UL

Champs will be ND

Belk will be WV

Pinstripe will be RU or UConn +1

Compass will be Cincy, UL, RU, or UConn +1

Beef UL, Cincy, RU, USF +1, UConn +1, or SU

New Orleans if Houston makes the BCS is available

New Mexico is available

Military since Miami declined a Bowl

Hunger if two P12 teams make the BCS is available as long as UCLA doesn't win the P12

Also the Hunger has an at large since the ACC does not have enough teams

In addition the following teams can beat us out for at large bids:

One of USF or UConn, Purdue, Illinois, and the possibility of a non BCS team that is close to a Bowl above being more attractive for ticket sales.

Updated. I see only five possible Bowls for SU. We still could get shut out even if we beat Pitt, but it is very unlikely.

Pinstripe Bowl, it puts more Cuse fans in the stands, anything else will be like the attendance for the tulane game.

Dude, you are obviously new to the board. I cannot think of too many individuals who bleed Orange more then TexanMark.

Point taken- TexanMark is as much an Orange fan, if not more, than most. And his presence on this board is legendary.

Texan mark is insane when it comes to SU. He lives in TX, and is a regular caller on the Syracuse based Axeman show.(every weds?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom