Which of these SU teams | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Which of these SU teams

Well I can remember putting Sweet D across my converse All Stars playing hoops as a 11 year old kid in Tully. The team that really got me hooked was after sweet D; the first final four team going for 5 in 75. How awesumlly exciting was it to be a true cinderalla in the final four against amazing Kentucky with Lousiville and the Great one's last UCLA CHAMPION!!! When nobody new who or where Syracuse was!! In those days I listened to every game on the radio with the incomprable Joel Marinas and was in the game with invisable ladders, and Meat Markets that today's folks would shake their heads at ( just like we did then)!! A TV game was a huge treat and one of the reasons the post season was a big deal!

- Got hooked in 2002-2003 (pretty damn good time to get hooked)
- I was only 10-11 at the time so watching G-Mac knock down contested threes was highly influential on my fandom. Simply put, it was badass to watch as a kid.
- Favorite uniforms was the 2009-2010 squad.
- Favorite team is probably the 2013-2014 team. I can honestly say that going into this year, I wouldn't have expected my answer to be this. Something about this team is really exciting.
- My favorite player is Trevor Cooney. Why you ask? Well as a kid I grew up watching G-Mac. I was still too young to understand his importance to the team. Then came Devendorf and I was like "Wow! A new G-Mac, but with a bit of flair!". Then he left. Then came Rautins and I was like "Oh wow! This dude is awesome!". Now we have Cooney and I am continually astounded at his constant hustle and ability to knock down shots. When I see Cooney on the floor, it takes me back to those days when I was 11, laying on the family room floor watching G-Mac and the 2003 team. Cooney brings me nostalgia. And his potential for the next two years is through the roof.

I still dream of a starting line-up of Tom Green, Ernie Austin, Bob McDaniel, Wayne Ward and Bill Smith. That team could compete today.
Smitty was a lot better than most folks remember.