While we wait, a reminder that Eric Dungey is really, really talented. | Syracusefan.com

While we wait, a reminder that Eric Dungey is really, really talented.

Rocco

Watching you.
It's amazing what that kid can do with his feet while scrambling and some of the running, side-arm, cross-body throws he can make. He is a gamer and it is crucial that he stays healthy this year. Unsurprisingly, I'm bullish.

Last edited:
I said it before...enjoy watching him while he's here. He's special.

Indeed. He's quick, can sling it, has football smarts and is a fierce competitor. His added weight and muscle gains should hopefully help him absorb the hits a bit more. Going to fun to watch, that's for sure.

Indeed. He's quick, can sling it, has football smarts and is a fierce competitor. His added weight and muscle gains should hopefully help him absorb the hits a bit more. Going to fun to watch, that's for sure.

Better edge blocking from Pierce/Elmore. Plus another short-yardage/middle field pass with Pierce.

Better edge blocking from Pierce/Elmore. Plus another short-yardage/middle field pass with Pierce.
From practice clips Elmore appears to have good hands and is very nimble for his size. Looks quite capable of both of the above.

Dungey will get drafted.

we sure about that? I need to see more arm strength and all the throws before I would be willing to say that with any confidence. I think he's a good player but i need to see consistency, health and leadership. A draftable QB needs to take a team from a set amount of wins (4-5 seems to be the amount we should win) to a higher standard.

Great thing is we'll find out in very shortly. Color me excited.

we sure about that? I need to see more arm strength and all the throws before I would be willing to say that with any confidence. I think he's a good player but i need to see consistency, health and leadership. A draftable QB needs to take a team from a set amount of wins (4-5 seems to be the amount we should win) to a higher standard.

How your college team does isn't important to be an NFL QB.

I see a better version of Tom Savage in Eric Dungey.
He has good enough arm strength. He needs to improve reading defense and learn to avoid unnecessary shots.

Dungey is a better prospect than Nassib.

How your college team does isn't important to be an NFL QB.

I see a better version of Tom Savage in Eric Dungey.
He has good enough arm strength. He needs to improve reading defense and learn to avoid unnecessary shots.

Dungey is a better prospect than Nassib.

Listen, I love Dungey. But those two are far better pro prospects than Eric. They both have huge arms and progress the field nicely with their reads. Eric doesn't have that arm strength and really is a two read guy right now.

Leadership?

The problem with Dungey's draft prospects is he is playing in an offense that is not used in the NFL. His stats will be inflated and he will have to transition back to the normal paced offense in the NFL. Additionally, he needs to prove he can stay healthy for a full year.

Listen, I love Dungey. But those two are far better pro prospects than Eric. They both have huge arms and progress the field nicely with their reads. Eric doesn't have that arm strength and really is a two read guy right now.

I don't necessarily think Dungey is a viable NFL prospect, but I certainly wouldn't rule him out. Sure, his arm strength lacks in a comparison with rocket ball Nassib, but it's serviceable. His read progression is teachable to an extent and the kid has proved to be very coachable.

IMO, his biggest question mark from a scouting perspective would be his durability. The kid can make plays happen, but how long he can last is another story.

Regardless of his pro potential, let's just hope that we get to see him play 26+ games over the next 2 years.

I don't necessarily think Dungey is a viable NFL prospect, but I certainly wouldn't rule him out. Sure, his arm strength lacks in a comparison with rocket ball Nassib, but it's serviceable. His read progression is teachable to an extent and the kid has proved to be very coachable.

IMO, his biggest question mark from a scouting perspective would be his durability. The kid can make plays happen, but how long he can last is another story.

Regardless of his pro potential, let's just hope that we get to see him play 26+ games over the next 2 years.
Difference is Ryan couldn't do that drill of dropping bombs down on a trash bin to save his life...
Would surprise me too if Dungey plays in the NFL, but you never know...

It's amazing what that kid can do with his feet while scrambling and some of the running, side-arm, cross-body throws he can make. He is a gamer and it is crucial that he stays healthy this year. Unsurprisingly, I'm bullish.

You know what that video told me besides how good #2 is? We're gonna miss #7.

Love Dungey, but watching those highlights also makes me miss AET. I can't believe how dominant he was.

im not sure many pros throw a wobble ball, but there have been some who do. i dont see the arm strength yet but still time for that to get better

Love Eric, probably one of my favorite players ever at the Cuse. I have a pit in my stomach every time I think about this upcomign season though. Just this feeling that every snap could be his last. He's used his 9 lives I feel like, and the next shot could be the end. I wish nothing more than for him to stay healthy

You know what that video told me besides how good #2 is? We're gonna miss #7.

That's my takeaway from those highlights as well...Amba is going to be missed. He won a lot of 50//50 balls.

I don't see him as an NFL QB, and I don't care. Plenty of great college QB's don't make it in the NFL. Marvin Graves was a great college QB. I hope I get to enjoy watching Dungey the next two years as much as I enjoyed watching him.

People aren't used to seeing what they saw last year.

Amba was an undrafted free agent who hasn't caught a ball in preseason. He isn't likely to make an NFL roster.

We may miss him, but our offense is still going to run at a level much higher than what we're used to seeing.

As for Dungey -- he's the best college QB we've had since McNabb. Nassib was a better pro prospect than he was a college QB. I'm super pumped for this year, largely due to #2.

That's my takeaway from those highlights as well...Amba is going to be missed. He won a lot of 50//50 balls.
He always won the 50/50 ball and somehow stayed on his feet, didn't get tackled and took it to the house. He was really great for us. Exactly what we needed. I'll be surprised if he doesn't somehow find a way to stay in the league a little while.

Hopefully Custis can be a taller version 2.o this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom