White- "silent scorer" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

White- "silent scorer"

I'm not sure what's 'silent' about how White scores, other than he doesn't throw down a lotta dunks.
Or shoot from 5' behind the 3pt line.

Guy is amazing at hitting contested shots. That's a legit Pro-level skill he has.
He can create his own shot, either quick drive and pull-up, or jab and step-back.
And he's gotten much better at driving.

Really hard to check him now; if you play off to stop the drive, he pulls up.
Play up tight to deny the shot, and he can drive, or step-back and stick the J in your grill anyway. ;)

I think pretty much every make he had vs UVA was well-contested - and he nailed them anyway.

You want a quiet scorer? That'd be Lawrence "Poetry in" Moten.
At the end of a given game, you'd be like, wow, Moten was really quiet today - then find out he had 21. :cool:
Dude was the master of the baseline J.

Definitely. Far and away the best shooter we have ever had. I haven't felt as comfortable whenever he rises up that it's going in, since probably Andy's senior year. Now whenever he puts it on the floor, I kind of look away!!!
Nichols (senior year) is the last person I can remember making contested shots from deep with such regularity.

To quote my Shaft parody "Damned straight".

Thanks to the folks who have said kind words. I'm not sure how many folks have ever been misfits in certain situations, let along multiple ones, and have lived with the constant threat of being ****ed for even talking about *** Club(tm), but it kind of sucks, lol.

Speaking of Fight Club and quotes, what are you folks referring to? The snowflake thing? I thought that was just something used to mock SJWs in the last year or so, lol. Man, I feel like I cant fully appreciate this board sober, although that may be more of a comment on my own mental makeup than the board, if I want to be honest. I am unsure. Does anyone else ever have the same feelings...that you need to get ****ed up, at least at times, to fully experience the flow of this board?

Disclaimer, I am not promoting such activity, necessarily...just asking an honest question.

Speaking of which, our other snowflake, White(no pun intended), seems like the "straight man" in a classic comedy duo. Like a Dave Pasch to a Bill Walton. He's just there to get the job done, and earlier it seemed to have negative issues with the way he and others expressed(or didnt) their body language. Anyone recall that? I mean, even Tyler Lydon did a "head tilt" a few games back after his massive, monster dunk. White has a different style, and like Shaft(a complicated man, whom only his woman can understand), folks may not get him. This may also cause some issues with meshing that may only be healed with Time, one thing he doesn't have a lot of. (sure I wanted to put Pink Floyd's version which I like better, but this was one of the few movies of the last decade or 2 that I can say I truly loved. I dedicate Time to Andrew White, and may write a "parody"(tribute) to the Pink Floyd version. Dear Heavens, I saw one for "Hamilton" (not Hamilton's Pharmacopeia, from Vice TV, either...I got excited for a brief moment when I thought that was what it was about, and not a vehicle that has been used to insult and isolate certain people of late, regardless of who they are), and it shamed me into action!

Apropos of nothing, how much I love that movie!

What I like about White is the last three games he seems like he's really doing better on defense. After 24 games this team feels like it's the Gillon and White show. Lydon seems more like the glue guy to me. Roberson fades in and out. I like the way Thompson and Battle have been playing. Thompson needs to get better of not getting fouls. Battle was really good against UVA. I can't wait until tomorrow night to see if Battle has had some kind of transformation of consciousness and his great play is the new norm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom