Class of 2014 - Whitehead | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Whitehead

I don't think he will end up here...It just seems it's taking to long, if we were his dream school he would have already committed. I think he was waiting for Cal.

This is with no inside information.

I don't think he will end up here...It just seems it's taking to long, if we were his dream school he would have already committed. I think he was waiting for Cal.

This is with no inside information.
Francis has said it a million times and anyone that has been around for about 20-30 years, if you recruit Lincoln High School, be prepared for a circus, a dirty dirty circus.

Francis has said it a million times and anyone that has been around for about 20-30 years, if you recruit Lincoln High School, be prepared for a circus, a dirty dirty circus.
Steph came down to us and Gtech right?

Attended the Lincoln/Boys and Girls game on Saturday... Whitehead was UNBELIEVABLE... This was the second time I've seen him live(the other being in a small gym in an AAU tournament where I couldn't get a feel for how good he was). First of all he has really gotten himself into great shape. I would guess he's lost 15lbs since a season ago. A year ago I wasn't so sure about his speed and ball handling... this year he's really improved both. I guess if you HAVE TO find something to improve on it would be his ball handling at the next level, but this is really being picky at this point. In fact, it's probably even dumb I just said that. He's at least on par with Lance Stephenson's dribbling abilities(Lance as a Senior). Great shooter with range, nice high release. Touch of a set shot if he's wide open, but not that it really matters. Gets all the lift he needs when he as to. The real eye opener had to be his passing. And I'm not even talking about the no-look passes that got the crowd to their feet... His just overall court vision is outstanding. His defense, and his teams', were unreal. At times they literally ran 3 guys at the ball. When they weren't pressing, he moved very, very well defensively. One thing I have to point out is how composed he remained. This is Lincoln/Boys, so you can imagine the atmosphere. For the first quarter of the game, the guy covering Whitehead, no. 20,(not sure of his name) continuously threw little punches at Whitehead's head. And no, not accidental, he was trying to get Isaiah to retaliate. He remained cool, although his teammate did not. He eventually stepped in and a fist fight broke out. Benches cleared and people from the stands poured onto the court. Anyway, Lincoln held a comfortable lead throughout, until Boys cut it to 2 in the third. Then Isaiah just took over and hit a one man fast break 3, followed by another 3 the next possession to increase the lead to 8. They would not look back from there. They ended up winning by 20, as the game was called with about a minute to go...another fight, this time in the stands. IW ended up with 28, 10 and 7......I find it extremely hard to believe that there at 40 better players in the nation. This is an NBA player who IMO is already better than Lance was as a senior at Lincoln. And I've only been hearing how his drive to succeed is second to none. He's the type of player you want with the ball at the end of games... Would love to see a little bit of Brooklyn in Orange.
Thanks for the report. Was the game in Coney Island or Bed-Stuy? Can't say I'm surprised about the fights smh.

Thanks for the report. Was the game in Coney Island or Bed-Stuy? Can't say I'm surprised about the fights smh.
Bed-stuy... and no one ejected lol... not even a foul called or a technical... just a delay for about 10 minutes

Reactions: MCC
Bed-stuy... and no one ejected lol... not even a foul called or a technical... just a delay for about 10 minutes
Ha - no technicals - that's rich. What is this, the NHL now?

Let's find a way to get Jim Burr to do the PSAL games. Maybe better than he deserves though...

@NYPost_Brazille: Kentucky's Jim Calipari called Isaiah Whitehead last night and may be in Brooklyn soon to see the junior. Wildcats seem to be serious option

@nydnmabramson
Lincoln basketball standout Isaiah Whitehead has been invited by Syracuse to attend Friday's semifinal against Georgetown, he said.

I was hoping they'd do that... :)

Gonna be a lot of orange in NYC tonight... Let's hope we represent...

lincoln plays at msg tomorrow 3/16 at noon. if anyone is in town for bet, could be something to take in. im going to try to go.

Good call, would be great if we win tonight then have a bunch of orange in msg cheering for him tomorrow.

Steph came down to us and Gtech right?

Marbury - i stephon xavier marbury put my life in the hands of Coach Bobby Cremmins and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Me - Puking all over Ch 9 news where they aired the announcement

If he is that good, he will only go where he will start and showcase his skills for one year. Not sure he would start at SU. If Kentucky can give him that guarantee, he should go there.

If he is that good, he will only go where he will start and showcase his skills for one year. Not sure he would start at SU. If Kentucky can give him that guarantee, he should go there.
I don't want to get into this mindset. And even though you aren't arguing that we shouldn't recruit him, I believe we should go after any guy who fits well into our system like Whitehead does. Even if this all is a circus and he ultimately chooses Kentucky it is still worth the effort on the part of our staff. If you look up the old McCullough threads many thought he was a pipedream too.

If he is that good, he will only go where he will start & showcase his skills for one year. Not sure he would start at SU. If Kentucky can give him that guarantee, he should go there.

You mean like this guy? ;)

images

Just Got In From The Movies Boutta Call It A Night Tho Chip Game In The AM ✔ #LINCOLN
Weird. They have the PSAL title game in the Garden so i assumed he was going for his own practice at first then our game after. I'm sure we'll find out soon.