Whitehurst taking Rutgers official... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Whitehurst taking Rutgers official...

Its ok ... he is 5 posts into his trolling ... I'm sure he'll have a few more gems for us by the time its all said and done.

Let me put it this way, I value his posts more than 99.99% of the others. Just sayin.

If he is then he needs to stop changing the story and stick to the facts ... as I stated man its a big difference between his first post and his second post ... I could easily say ... "there is a story going around about a massive herpes outbreak spreading through the RU football and cheer leading squad" and it would carry the same weight ... now if I said ... I video taped an RU WR giving an RU cheer leader herpes in a dorm room then that would carry more weight ... know what I mean?

He's definitely not a troll and has great inside info on downstate kids and NJ kids...

Bees beat me to it by a second...

If he is then he needs to stop changing the story and stick to the facts ...

He didn't really change the story, just didn't want to say at first it came from someone in the room. He's a good poster and worth reading.

I thought I read here, that our staff were matserful recruiters!! Marrone is out killing it! I am telling you, Doug, like everything else is below average to an average recruiter at best. Not surprising.

There are two "recruiters" on this staff. TWO. Adkins and Wheatley, the rest or average to below average at best. Adkins and Wheat are also up against it as well recruiting in geographic areas we have not much experience in. I actually think Adkins is overrated as well as a O Line coach and a recruiter. Marrone needs to probably get rid of 2-3 assistants, find an OC that can recruit and a few assistants as well. He needs to find a real recruiter who has great contacts in one geographic area that can get kids to come play here. A guy like not saying him but a guy like Locksley who can DELIVER the DC/ Maryland area. Probably would be a great area for SU right now, but anyway

There are two "recruiters" on this staff. TWO. Adkins and Wheatley, the rest or average to below average at best. Adkins and Wheat are also up against it as well recruiting in geographic areas we have not much experience in. I actually think Adkins is overrated as well as a O Line coach and a recruiter. Marrone needs to probably get rid of 2-3 assistants, find an OC that can recruit and a few assistants as well. He needs to find a real recruiter who has great contacts in one geographic area that can get kids to come play here. A guy like not saying him but a guy like Locksley who can DELIVER the DC/ Maryland area. Probably would be a great area for SU right now, but anyway

I'd add Conley to the list, but don't disagree about the rest of your post.

he is not a troll -- he was an insightful poster on scout premium board

Then he's a communist or perhaps a witch! Spew of satan be gone!

I fully expect any coach that goes into a hs to know all the good available/recruit players from that said school. Of course if it's a rutgers guy (coach that has a ru lean) that was in the room and he's the one that said the rumor than I suppose it would be true as well.

What a great scene that was, thanks!

I think this is just a small example if true of what Marrone has to overcome along with the coaches working their butts off recruiting. SU was behind the 8 ball and hopefully the table is more open and he can start sinking some more shots.

Reading Deep's post has got me wondering- How vain are some of these high school coaches?

Granted, this isn't the 1960s- everyone knows what everyone else is doing recruiting wise.

But is it really that much of an insult to a HS coach if a college coach WR coach doesn't know the name of a rising sophomore?

Yes, he should. I get that. That's not the question.

This anecdote just makes me think that there's too much of a need by college coaches to kiss rings and fall to their knees for HS coaches who are essentially talent brokers.

As someone who has been in the industry, you HAVE to know about the prospects if you are in that school. The point of my original post was the fact that Rob didn't know one of the top sophomores in the country and he didn't know that another Bosco player had already committed. This is extremely concerning, not just to me as a fan but also to the "connections" built down here. People hear this stuff and laugh. That's never good, no matter how you want to spin it.
I agree , thats like working at a Acura dealership and not knowing what models they have for sale on the lot. Smh.

Let's hope Moore learned his lesson and that they will be doing their due diligence from that moment on.

Exactly. When I was still working on that side of things, all coaches would receive weekly reports of prospects in their area by school. Each coach would then have a binder that contained a sheet with all that school's information (some of the information was extremely granular i.e. secretaries who had a son who went to our school, etc..) including a list of all prospects. If Rob didn't have something like this available to him when he went to Don Bosco Prep (we aren't talking Weedsport or Parsippany here) then the recruiting infrastructure is even worse than I could ever imagine.

For the record, I'd say it was a 60-40 split on where the information came from between the coaches actually on the road recruiting or the on-campus recruiting staff. That is why these people are so valuable.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated .

I'd add Conley to the list, but don't disagree about the rest of your post.

Would it be a bad idea to consider Mike McQuery for a spot on the staff?

He didn't really change the story, just didn't want to say at first it came from someone in the room. He's a good poster and worth reading.

Ok so keeping that detail out after the first post and portraying it as "a story" then announcing he heard it from someone in the room is two different things. Fine ... he heard it from someone in the room, will the cosmos shift and break down now that we all know this? If that is how you heard it then why not say it the first time since he was willing to announce it in an open forum anyway? What the first post implies is speculation based on a circulating story the second post is different, the board is already loaded with speculation on a myriad of topics so pardon me for being a bit cynical ... I would rather here a more detailed either first or second hand account which is what he gave in the second post correct? So again why not just say it the first time? I guess that is all I am saying ...

Let's hope Moore learned his lesson and that they will be doing their due diligence from that moment on.

Problem is if you don't have a few experienced recruiters on the staff then you have recruiters who may not even know they are making mistakes. It's very possible that Moore didn't think this was a big deal and has no idea this reflected poorly on him and the school - not because he's not intelligent he just doesn't have the experience.

Ok so keeping that detail out after the first post and portraying it as "a story" then announcing he heard it from someone in the room is two different things. Fine ... he heard it from someone in the room, will the cosmos shift and break down now that we all know this? If that is how you heard it then why not say it the first time since he was willing to announce it in an open forum anyway? What the first post implies is speculation based on a circulating story the second post is different, the board is already loaded with speculation on a myriad of topics so pardon me for being a bit cynical ... I would rather here a more detailed either first or second hand account which is what he gave in the second post correct? So again why not just say it the first time? I guess that is all I am saying ...

Your taking this too far. We have a poster who has access to a lot of information that almost nobody on here doesn't and all it takes is one poster to go way overboard and all of a sudden posters like deepthrowit decide that it's not worth posting anything they know anymore.

This is why we need a payside.

...and he didn't know that another Bosco player had already committed.
Is that true? Your original comment could have meant that we were offering him despite the Rutgers commit, which Schiano built his program doing.

Unfortunately first impressions are everything.

They are big but coming back and showing the coach the next time that you're ready and have every answer is very good as well. Know the kids parents names, their other activities like if they play hoop whatever, regroup and get your stuff together and dazzle.

Problem is if you don't have a few experienced recruiters on the staff then you have recruiters who may not even know they are making mistakes. It's very possible that Moore didn't think this was a big deal and has no idea this reflected poorly on him and the school - not because he's not intelligent he just doesn't have the experience.

True, I wasn't commenting on Moores intelligence by any means and learning from your mistakes is a good sign as well.

man - you need to lighten the - good lord

Your taking this too far. We have a poster who has access to a lot of information that almost nobody on here doesn't and all it takes is one poster to go way overboard and all of a sudden posters like deepthrowit decide that it's not worth posting anything they know anymore.

This is why we need a payside.

Whatever you say qdawgg ... I would rather have it confirmed upfront instead of leaving one to speculate ... there are a myriad of threads here that leave open things to the imagination. I'm glad he shares it ... I never said I wasn't ... if you don't understand my original point that is fine ... whatever ... go jump on someone else for asking people to be less nebulous because it happens all over this board. As stated before I prefer first or second hand accurate data then something originally announced as conjecture ... I don't know him nor does he know me so if I posted a story and he asked for clarification I wouldn't get twisted over it I would provide what details I had at my disposal as I have done with others in the past.

Let me put it this way, I value his posts more than 99.99% of the others. Just sayin.

It is good to be in the .001 Thanks Bees

Of all the schools we should get a mulligan at Don Bosco...the Toals are connected to Syracuse through marriage. :cool:

Whatever you say qdawgg ... I would rather have it confirmed upfront instead of leaving one to speculate ... there are a myriad of threads here that leave open things to the imagination. I'm glad he shares it ... I never said I wasn't ... if you don't understand my original point that is fine ... whatever ... go jump on someone else for asking people to be less nebulous because it happens all over this board. As stated before I prefer first or second hand accurate data then something originally announced as conjecture ... I don't know him nor does he know me so if I posted a story and he asked for clarification I wouldn't get twisted over it I would provide what details I had at my disposal as I have done with others in the past.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one here who has their panties in a ruffle over this.

DeepThrow is a reputable poster, and should be viewed as such.

Syracuse isn't Oregon or Alabama. They can't afford to have these missteps. One bad impression is all that is needed for a school the like of Don Bosco Prep to say "what the hell is going on over there?" and just ex-communicate themselves all together. What do they care? They don't have to steer any prospects to Syracuse -- there are plenty of other schools out there with better reputations for football.