Whitehurst | Syracusefan.com

Whitehurst

PhatOrange

Living Legend
supposed to decide this week. I guess that means he's not committed to Syracuse anymore.

If he burns Syracuse I hope this is a lessen to the staff to not hold offers. If you want to visit other schools that's fine but the offer isn't yours anymore - it's back up for grabs to the pool of candidates - and if somebody else decides to take it then c-ya later.

supposed to decide this week. I guess that means he's not committed to Syracuse anymore.

If he burns Syracuse I hope this is a lessen to the staff to not hold offers. If you want to visit other schools that's fine but the offer isn't yours anymore - it's back up for grabs to the pool of candidates - and if somebody else decides to take it then c-ya later.
Is Glanton the back-up plan?

Is Glanton the back-up plan?

Don't know if he's a back up plan or if they planned on bringing in another backer anyways.

By the way, according to TOS, LeRoy Owens was supposed to visit FIU this weekend.

Has he announce another school? If not are you jumping the gun?

Wonder if the rumored coaching turnover is coming into play here. It's not like other coaches wouldn't use that against us, especially that one in nj.

It would be usf, not rutgers

Owens is orange

Glanton is back up plan for Whitehurst

Lol he tweeted a pic from Shady's basement today while watching the AFC championship game...trust this staff to close the deal here..they have a good track record...

Lol he tweeted a pic from Shady's basement today while watching the AFC championship game...trust this staff to close the deal here..they have a good track record...
Isn't that what got pearl fired. Didn't think you could entertain recruits at your home...

i thought that was a no no as well (even though it happens everywhere all the time)

Not really clear if it's because he was on an unofficial visit or just because he was at the house in general.

"The COI singled out Pearl and his staff for giving misleading information about a cookout in 2008 that involved a junior in high school (current Ohio State guard Aaron Craft).

Craft was on an unofficial visit and was not allowed to be at Pearl's home. The COI noted that Pearl said that attendance at the cookout was an NCAA violation and encouraged those who were there not to disclose it to others. Pearl then lied about the incident and called Craft's father to ask him to do so as well before finally telling the truth to NCAA investigators."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...er-coach-bruce-pearl-assistants-punished-ncaa

Not looking great as of right now for us imo, the staff has shown to be great holding onto commits but he has been soft for awhile and USF not only has location to its advantage but also the fact that he has a family member/friend already there. I hope he comes but it is nice to have Glanton as a back up option.

It would be usf, not rutgers

Owens is orange

Glanton is back up plan for Whitehurst

is that your opinion on things?

glanton by the way is far from a solid backup plan. there's nothing to indicate he's going to flip on FIU.

Have to be careful with that. You then risk losing a player who would have been on the Orange for a guy that may be ranked lower.

A lot of guys take visits after committing. I would hope they do. They are free and are a good experience.

Obviously the staff is extremely high on him. The kid was the 6-A defensive player of the year. I am okay with him being open and hope he chooses Syracuse.

LB isn't a huge need. This class, if everyone besides Whitehurst stays, brings in Myles Davis, Leroy Owens and possibly James Washington depending on his position. Then you have a redshirt freshman in Vigille and all the guys who were in the LB rotation returning.

I honestly think that Syracuse soured on guys like Walls and Neal because they didn't like the seasons the kids had. Saying there were no more spots left is the politically correct thing to tell a kid. Obviously, no matter what the reason, if those guys play well at Maryland and Tennessee respectively, then Marrone can be criticized appropriately. But, I also know if they become nothing, Marrone will get zero credit for moving on because the fan base would have moved on to something else.

agreed hope we can keep this kid as to the other lbs i think we got caught with a couple of guys leaving that were a surprise

I have a question... How do we know that the staff held the offer for him? The only thing that we know is what comes out of these kids mouths to these recruiting sites since the coaching staff can't discuss it. For all we know, when he said he wanted to take other visits after "committing", Marrone told him that they were NOT holding a place for him.

I'm cool with the attitude, except are we really in the position to do that? What if he was simply a superior player to the other candidates at hand? As much as I'd like to agree, I wouldn't put ourselves in such a high horse.

I think that may be a violation, Ala Bruce Pearl. Not sure.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Have to be careful with that. You then risk losing a player who would have been on the Orange for a guy that may be ranked lower.

A lot of guys take visits after committing. I would hope they do. They are free and are a good experience.

Obviously the staff is extremely high on him. The kid was the 6-A defensive player of the year. I am okay with him being open and hope he chooses Syracuse.

LB isn't a huge need. This class, if everyone besides Whitehurst stays, brings in Myles Davis, Leroy Owens and possibly James Washington depending on his position. Then you have a redshirt freshman in Vigille and all the guys who were in the LB rotation returning.

I honestly think that Syracuse soured on guys like Walls and Neal because they didn't like the seasons the kids had. Saying there were no more spots left is the politically correct thing to tell a kid. Obviously, no matter what the reason, if those guys play well at Maryland and Tennessee respectively, then Marrone can be criticized appropriately. But, I also know if they become nothing, Marrone will get zero credit for moving on because the fan base would have moved on to something else.

I thought Neal was going to Illinois?

John Garcia Jr
Soft #CuseFootball commit Tashon Whitehurst had a "great" visit to Rutgers & he has "some thinking to do" down the stretch. More to come...