Whitehurst | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Whitehurst

Face it. Rutgers going to the B1G is hard to compete with. What kid doesn't want to play in the B1G and compete for a National Championship?

John Garcia Jr
Soft #CuseFootball commit Tashon Whitehurst had a "great" visit to Rutgers & he has "some thinking to do" down the stretch. More to come...
Rutgers! And Shady committed a violation by having him at his house.

Their recruiting board looks like this...

NJ 5-4-3 Stars
SU - Commits

Rutgers! And Shady committed a violation by having him at his house.

Their recruiting board looks like this...

NJ 5-4-3 Stars
SU - Commits
do you really think Schiano would have the kids to his house and have them tweeting pictures of it if it was a violation? I thought he had that nature preserve knocked down for his house b/c he likes hosting the kids at his house and that was the best spot to do so - - doesn't sound like a clandestine plan to break the ncaa rules when he was so upfront about it - good lord. Everyone is so freakin obsessed with Schiano. The guy is a good salesman and is able to swing an occasional kid that wasn't sold on SU in the first place - not a big deal.

I just hope Whitehurst remembers who was there from the beginning.

guys - let me say i've believed pretty strongly that whitehurst would never make it here and I've said as much over the last couple of months. However, the conclusions being drawn from those two tweets are ridiculous.

He also tweeted he had a GREAT VISIT to syracuse and tweeted pics of himself and Anselmo calling Anselmo the GodFather. His initial articles after the visit were very strong in favor of Syracuse.

He has two choices. He can play in a conference usa type league or he can play in a big boy league against real football schools.

guys - let me say i've believed pretty strongly that whitehurst would never make it here and I've said as much over the last couple of months. However, the conclusions being drawn from those two tweets are ridiculous.

He also tweeted he had a GREAT VISIT to syracuse and tweeted pics of himself and Anselmo calling Anselmo the GodFather. His initial articles after the visit were very strong in favor of Syracuse.

He has two choices. He can play in a conference usa type league or he can play in a big boy league against real football schools.
Delusional U is selling B1G/Big12 or ACC. Take it to the bank.

Kid would be a big loss. I hope we can hold onto him and if we dont i sure as heck hope we didnt lose another to Shitano.

He certainly can't be selling their "daunting" OOC schedule (Kent St. Howard, Tulane and Army).

This would be a good time for RRRUUUUU to chime in as he/she usually does. I wonder how he/she feels about potential recruits being lied to.

This would be a good time for RRRUUUUU to chime in as he/she usually does. I wonder how he/she feels about potential recruits being lied to.

Blah, blah, blah. Because Schiano is killing it in recruiting this year it must be because we are telling recruits we are going to the ACC or something. I mean look at the way it has swayed all the big time recruits to Syracuse after you announced that...

So killing it is being ranked in 53rd in recruiting as per TOS. SU is ranked where? oh yea 54.

Blah, blah, blah. Because Schiano is killing it in recruiting this year it must be because we are telling recruits we are going to the ACC or something. I mean look at the way it has swayed all the big time recruits to Syracuse after you announced that...

So killing it is being ranked in 53rd in recruiting as per TOS. SU is ranked where? oh yea 54.

Wait until the end. We will be moving up several spots over the next two weeks and I'm not sure if you will stay the same or go down yet...

Wait until the end. We will be moving up several spots over the next two weeks and I'm not sure if you will stay the same or go down yet...
if anyone would know about going down it would be a rutgirls fan

Why don't you spend a little less time here and a little more on your own board. You come here every year on signing day to discuss how great your class is, yet over the last three or four years, I don't see a difference in skill set vs. the rest of the big east, and certainly not Syracuse . You were probably lucky to beat all three of SU, Navy, and USF. Could have easily been 5-7 with your NFL roster.

Lol.

Why don't you spend a little less time here and a little more on your own board. You come here every year on signing day to discuss how great your class is, yet over the last three or four years, I don't see a difference in skill set vs. the rest of the big east, and certainly not Syracuse . You were probably lucky to beat all three of SU, Navy, and USF. Could have easily been 5-7 with your NFL roster.
lol...NFL roster :rolling: . Either Schiano really sucks as a coach, or NJ recruits are seriously over-valued/ranked...or both

It would be usf, not rutgers

Owens is orange

Glanton is back up plan for Whitehurst

Care to revise that?

I said that Owens was visiting FIU

...and I also said over the last couple of days that Mario Cristobal is a great recruiter.

We've lost Owens unless the staff can get him back on board (though I think Brumbaugh may have been his recruiter), Glanton is not going to flip and we're likely to lose Whitehurst. Great end to the class by Marrone - and to think he was saying two months ago the class was finished/full. Hope he learned a lesson, the class is never finished two months before signing day. You recruit recruit and recruit some more - this means kids committed and kids not committed and I don't care how full you think the class is.

Teams are allowed something like 55 paid official visits (I'll have to confirm the actual #) but does anybody think Syracuse filled their quota?

Care to revise that?

I said that Owens was visiting FIU

...and I also said over the last couple of days that Mario Cristobal is a great recruiter.
i was wrong - but I also know Cristobal is an up and coming coach who is destined for big things.

i also said those were my thoughts, and they were wrong.

my other thoughts are this class is falling apart. Even landing Morgan can not alleviate the fact we lost Owens, will probably lose Whitehurst, Smallwood flamed out, and we picked up some unimpressive DL juco's. Barnwell most likely will not make it here, Davis is playing on a non existent knee and has not played in what, 3 years? And Manley is wavering on his 'commitment' as well.

Jones is gone, Thomas was booted, I don't know what the deal is with Dan Vaughn, Spruill is hurt, Lyn is hurt ... things do not appear to be bright on the horizon as of this moment.

There is uncertainty with an unfilled staff at a key recruiting time, and once again the program flames out when involving the fans, community, and boosters with a signing day event of some sort.

We've lost Owens unless the staff can get him back on board (though I think Brumbaugh may have been his recruiter), Glanton is not going to flip and we're likely to lose Whitehurst. Great end to the class by Marrone - and to think he was saying two months ago the class was finished/full. Hope he learned a lesson, the class is never finished two months before signing day. You recruit recruit and recruit some more - this means kids committed and kids not committed and I don't care how full you think the class is.

Glanton is 50/50. So he might flip.

Not sure what article has ever said we are "likely to lose Whitehurst". He still hasn't decommitted. If he was really looking to go elsewhere you'd think he'd decommit, right?