who do we want? SALES! when do we want him? NOW** | Syracusefan.com

who do we want? SALES! when do we want him? NOW**

We won't miss him.. look at all the wr depth.. or my favorite "we need somebody to step up"

Sales would have been the best player on this team this year, IMO

We're not LSU or the like where a kid can not go to school or get into trouble and not suffer consequences. Collier would still be here if we were and Sales would have been suspended for just the RI game.

We're not LSU or the like where a kid can not go to school or get into trouble and not suffer consequences. Collier would still be here if we were and Sales would have been suspended for just the RI game.
our 2 best receivers in history killed people. i'll get over whatever sales did

i know i know - they didn't kill anyone while at SU

:rolling: shouldnt be that funny but...

What Marrone has been selling recruits and their parents is some personal responsibility and they are responsible for their actions. I don't know exactly what went down with Sales but if Marrone is keeping him off the team then I fine with it.

Hahaha -- awesome. And I'm with ya. If we want to play with the big boys, we need to start acting like big boys.

Oh my God. I never thought of that. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sales would have definitely helped this team, but his value is greatly exaggerated on this board. Outside of the bowl game, in three seasons, his three best performances were:

6 rec. for 61 yds and 1 TD against Akron in 2009

7 rec. for 89 yds against UConn in 2010

5 rec. for 73 yds against RU in 2010

Until the Pinstripe Bowl, he had never caught more than 7 balls, had a 100 yds receiving, or scored multiple TDs in a single game. While Sales has the most potential of SU's WRs, it's not noticable on paper from the three seasons that he has played in Orange.

Sales would have definitely helped this team, but his value is greatly exaggerated on this board. Outside of the bowl game, in three seasons, his three best performances were:

6 rec. for 61 yds and 1 TD against Akron in 2009

7 rec. for 89 yds against UConn in 2010

5 rec. for 73 yds against RU in 2010

Until the Pinstripe Bowl, he had never caught more than 7 balls, had a 100 yds receiving, or scored multiple TDs in a single game. While Sales has the most potential of SU's WRs, it's not noticable on paper from the three seasons that he has played in Orange.

how many 100 yard games does van chew have against a team that isn't a new england FCS team?

granted K State is a new england FCS defense too

zip.

how many times has van chew caught more than 6 balls against a team that isn't a new england FCS team?

zip.

i certainly wouldn't want to lose van chew though.

I wouldn't want to lose either player. But Sales hasn't exactly been Larry Fitzgerald for us. Some people think that if he played this season that we would have been a markedly better team, and there is no reasonable evidence to support that.

I wouldn't want to lose either player. But Sales hasn't exactly been Larry Fitzgerald for us. Some people think that if he played this season that we would have been a markedly better team, and there is no reasonable evidence to support that.
of course we would've been better! just like we'd be worse if we lost lemon or chew.

This isn't a Chew or Lemon versus Sales conversation, my question is who besides Sales (other than Lemon/ Chew) has stepped up, thjat is your answer. You need 3 good receivers who can make plays,. You need more than two receivers and that is my point whther you think Sales is better than Chew or Lemon isn't the conversation here but Sales is sorely sorely missed but he doesn't run a 4.4 forty or bench press 500 pounds so he cant be that good or hasnt played a lot. what does that have to do with anything, he is a quality receiver who understands where he needs to be and has great hands

Who people think is the best receiver is debateable but if anyone wants to dispute that the best 3 on this team for this year would be Sales, Lemon, Chew, then you need your head examined. Sales is another guy, IMO that the D has to know where he is. and IMO, Sales is the best of the bunch, again just my opinion

Please we are talking WR here, not TE or RB

Why is this even a thread. It's like having a thread about Mike Williams.

Ha. To take it a step further, our best running back threw a woman off a balcony, and out best basketball player (sorry Mayor Bing) was featured in a video meant to deter witnesses from testifying against drug dealers.

I think the important question that's being overlooked, or not asked is: how much eligibility does Barry Baker have remaining?

Yes. What this thing needs to take off is a guy that has 8 catches in 3 years.
We'd be a juggernaut if we had 5 back.

Agreed. The last thing this offense needs is a WR who actually produced something, even if it was just for one game. I like this version better with the guys who run 3 yards and turn, and then hopefully catch it before being immediately tackled. Defensive coordinators just can't gameplan for stuff like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom