Who do you draft #2? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who do you draft #2?

Do you take Davis #1?

• Total voters
I disagree with you on this bees. Oden would have been a very solid pro, IMO, if not for his possible predisposition to serious injuries. His body was just put together awkwardly. Drummond runs like a deer, they say he's the fastest runner on the UConn team, and 6'11 guys are almost never the fastest guys on their teams.

Drummond will be solid too. If I am drafting 2nd though, I want a stud/star. I just don't see that in him.

I think Drummond has so much natural athletic ability, at that size, that you almost have to take a chance on him. He's just a superb athlete for his size, and you can see he's got more basketball ability than I think most give him credit for.

I think Drummond has so much natural athletic ability, at that size, that you almost have to take a chance on him. He's just a superb athlete for his size, and you can see he's got more basketball ability than I think most give him credit for.
We gush over Fab's potential... Drummond is 1-2 years younger than Fab, more athletic, and was getting the better of Fab head to head. I bleed orange but I gotta say it like it is here... Drummond is going to be a stud at the next level.

I would reach and take Barnes from UNC

He's a great college player, without a doubt. But I'm a little skeptical about stardom for him in the NBA because at that level for a SF, he may be a tad slow. Don't get me wrong, he will be good, but I'm not convinced he will be great.

I just don't see a consistent enough motor to project him as a future star. Very good but not worthy of a #2 pick.

We gush over Fab's potential... Drummond is 1-2 years younger than Fab, more athletic, and was getting the better of Fab head to head. I bleed orange but I gotta say it like it is here... Drummond is going to be a stud at the next level.

Counter argument: Drummond was considered the #1 player in his class, and had been immersed in playing against high level competition for years. Fab was significantly behind competition wise and wasn't ready last year; this year, he's acclimating to the college game.

Right now, both have significant holes in their games. Both players have a lot of unrealized potential, as well--which means big potential upsides for both. Fab needs to learn to post up and rebound better, if he does, there's no reason he can't be a stud at the next level, too. All depends on how steep his developmental curve is and how hard he is willing to work [reshaping his body last off-season was a great sign].

Drummond has the upside but I just question his desire to get it done on a consistent basis. I'll rather go with MKG or Thomas Robinson at #2 depending on need. Not in love with Sullinger at the next level as well. The 6'8 doughboys don't tend to excel in the Association, just ask Mike Sweetney and Sean May. Big Baby is the only exception that I can think of.

I disagree with you on this bees. Oden would have been a very solid pro, IMO, if not for his possible predisposition to serious injuries. His body was just put together awkwardly. Drummond runs like a deer, they say he's the fastest runner on the UConn team, and 6'11 guys are almost never the fastest guys on their teams.

Oden was already an old man on draft day. I don't know if you recall seeing him walk up to the podium. I thought, "Damn, that guy must be 38 years old."

Oden was already an old man on draft day. I don't know if you recall seeing him walk up to the podium. I thought, "Damn, that guy must be 38 years old."
True, he just seemed to walk with a limp and be corky, almost painful to walk. Drummond walks and runs like he's a 6'2 SG. If he gets the motor and motivation he'll be scary good.

Drummond has the upside but I just question his desire to get it done on a consistent basis.

Yep, that's why I said I just don't see a consistent enough motor.

Having spent several years in Toronto, I follow the Raptors alot. And with Toronto comes lotto picks.

The general consensus of the Raptors board I frequent is Barnes or MKG for the second pick.

There is alot of love for Lamb and Bradley Beal as well if the pick is fifth or later -- I can't say I agree with that consnesu, With Big Val, Bargnani (who found some heart and effort this year after being a total pansy for the past five years), Amir, Ed Davis, Raptors don't need another big unless its an impact big. Obvously if it was #1 pick, the consensus is take AD. But with #2, there is no desire for a Robinson, Sully.

If Drummond had not been such an enigma, he was enough impact to take at #2. But now most have soured on such a chance.

Drummond = Oden.

There are at least 3-4 better choices.

The first part is just odd. Drummond and Oden are almost as opposite as you could be at the center position during their time as freshmen. Oden was a very polished player for a 19 year old center, hustled and was consistent. Drummond is very raw, and inconsistent. Oden was a gimp and moved like one, Drummond is one of the smoothest running 7 foot 270+ lbs. I've ever seen in college or at least since Duncan/Shaq.

There may be 3-4 better choices if you need someone to contribute right away. Drummond's potential down the line is hard to gauge because of his youth. If he is willing and can learn how to play in the NBA, he will be a great player. If not he is Kwame Brown 2.0 with better hands.

I think there is pretty good value in this particular draft in the middle to late first round, and since there is no clear #2, I would try to trade down. There are several teams with multiple first round picks - I bet Boston would trade both of theirs and maybe a second now or in the future to move up to the second slot and get younger

I think there is pretty good value in this particular draft in the middle to late first round, and since there is no clear #2, I would try to trade down. There are several teams with multiple first round picks - I bet Boston would trade both of theirs and maybe a second now or in the future to move up to the second slot and get younger
I think the knicks should take their pick and... oh... nvm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom