Who do you draft #2? | Syracusefan.com

Who do you draft #2?

Do you take Davis #1?

• Total voters

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Davis the concensus #1 overall. You get pick #2. What's the call?

I'm thinking Drummond right now.

Andre Drummond, no question about it. You don't find a 7 footer with that much athleticism and natural skill very often. He could evolve into a truly dominant center in a league that doesn't have many.

There is no question you choose Davis #1. None at all. He's not only already the best player, he also has a top-flight attitude and room to improve. This guy will be a top 10 player in the league someday, and a great team player to boot.

As for #2, I like a darkhorse, Kidd-Gilchrist, based on his attitude/work ethic/natural athleticism. I think the rest of his game will improve rapidly through time. Defense is already there (something you can't say for Barnes). Drummond I like but I question how much higher his ceiling is. Kidd-Gilchrist is still 18years old.

Probably Drummond but I believe Thomas Robinson is going to be VERY good. A more explosive Al Horford type.

I don't see the motor to project him (Drummond) to be a Dwight Howard or Rodman type rebounder/defender. Not sure he has the skill to be Bynum. He could develope, but if you don't always go hard in college for the love of the game, will you in the NBA.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

There is no question you choose Davis #1. None at all. He's not only already the best player, he also has a top-flight attitude and room to improve. This guy will be a top 10 player in the league someday, and a great team player to boot.

As for #2, I like a darkhorse, Kidd-Gilchrist, based on his attitude/work ethic/natural athleticism. I think the rest of his game will improve rapidly through time. Defense is already there (something you can't say for Barnes). Drummond I like but I question how much higher his ceiling is. Kidd-Gilchrist is still 18years old.

Yeah, lets say Kidd-Gilchrist was at SU and Joseph had already departed. With the way JB likes to run offense MKG would've averaged 20/8 easy. I like him.

Drummond will go #2 based on everyone values centers more. He is big and explosive.

I like Kidd Gilchrist a lot though. he seems like the most likely to be a star.

Drummond's ceiling is Dwight Howard. People say he compares to Amare, but Amare has great offensive game. Watch Drummond and Dwight shoot free throws next to each other.

Safe route - Thomas Robinson, I think he'd have an instant impact on a lotto team right away. Probably will be a very good player in the league for a long time.

Risky route - Andre Drummond, might have a wait a season or two for the production but the ceiling is higher and there's a chance he never 'gets it' and you've wasted a pick.

Speaking of the lotto, I'd want my team to avoid Sullinger. Just not sold on his game at the next level.

Safe route - Thomas Robinson, I think he'd have an instant impact on a lotto team right away. Probably will be a very good player in the league for a long time.

Risky route - Andre Drummond, might have a wait a season or two for the production but the ceiling is higher and there's a chance he never 'gets it' and you've wasted a pick.

Speaking of the lotto, I'd want my team to avoid Sullinger. Just not sold on his game at the next level.
I'm glad you said "at the next level" with Sullinger, considering he's who DC2 seems to be compared to most.

I'm glad you said "at the next level" with Sullinger, considering he's who DC2 seems to be compared to most.
I'd take Sully in college in a hertbeat. Look what he did for OSU last season. Imagine him with MCW, Fair, Cooney, Triche next season... wow

Basically put 3 shooters on the outside and let Sully go 1 on 1 down low... only a couple guys in college can slow him down. NBA, however, his game won't work IMO

I'd take Sully in college in a hertbeat. Look what he did for OSU last season. Imagine him with MCW, Fair, Cooney, Triche next season... wow
I agree, though I think there's definitely a place for him at the next level. Look at a guy like DuJuan Blair, after all.

I agree, though I think there's definitely a place for him at the next level. Look at a guy like DuJuan Blair, after all.
Does DeJuan Blair have a freakish wingspan? I know he was listed as 6'7 at Pitt, meaning he's 6'6

Probably Drummond but I believe Thomas Robinson is going to be VERY good. A more explosive Al Horford type.

That's probably the direction I'd go, too. I see why people would suggest Drummond, but Robinson is a much better player. Reminds me a little of last year's #2 pick, DWill, who like Robinson was perhaps a bit small to be an NBA 4--so maybe that will be a factor.

I like Barnes a lot, too.

Like both a lot more than Drummond.

Does DeJuan Blair have a freakish wingspan? I know he was listed as 6'7 at Pitt, meaning he's 6'6
I should have gone with Kevin Love, actually, who is probably more similar to Sullinger yet is becoming the best power forward in the league.

I should have gone with Kevin Love, actually, who is probably more similar to Sullinger yet is becoming the best power forward in the league.
The way I see it is Sully is much stronger than 95% of his competition now, but in the NBA almost everyone is his size and strength... Instead of playing against a 225 lb Meyers Leonard it's a 270 lb Andrew Bynum

That's probably the direction I'd go, too. I see why people would suggest Drummond, but Robinson is a much better player. Reminds me a little of last year's #2 pick, DWill, who like Robinson was perhaps a bit small to be an NBA 4--so maybe that will be a factor.

I like Barnes a lot, too.

Like both a lot more than Drummond.

BTW, I want no part of Kansas. Robinson/Withey could foul Fab out quickly and then we'd be in trouble. They have the bigger/athletic guards too in Releford/Taylor/Johnson to defend our guys.

Drummond = Oden.

There are at least 3-4 better choices.

Drummond = Oden.

There are at least 3-4 better choices.
I disagree with you on this bees. Oden would have been a very solid pro, IMO, if not for his possible predisposition to serious injuries. His body was just put together awkwardly. Drummond runs like a deer, they say he's the fastest runner on the UConn team, and 6'11 guys are almost never the fastest guys on their teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom