Who do you want as the new OC? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Who do you want as the new OC?

Yeah those standards have really been high. A losing football program for 20 years, a basketball program that has been investigated how many times, a lax program that has had issues and forced out a coach, a womens basketball program that just lost the entire team, and oh yeah the cherry on top Bernie fine! Yeah really high standards. Congrats we don’t have a murderer on the payroll.
SU claiming the moral high ground is baloney. Sure we aren't as bad as the criminal programs like Auburn, LSU, and others but we certainly are no saints.
The University has always been slow to react to needs. Be it facilitates, coaches, the number 44, Spring games, ect... SU is always late to the party and usually shows up with a day old fruit cake.
Hopefully the 150m campaign starts to provide concrete improvements now as they are desperately needed. Hopefully Dino hires a Dynamic OC and turns his career ( which he controls) around or he is Fired from his Job ( Which JW controls) and John makes a great hire.
SU has the resources to compete within the ACC
Our fans set records year in year out in Basketball and LaCrosse.
We are dying for a football team to support. We simply need the University to do the basics, to do their part.
Im sick of the excuses as they ring hollow.
Weather
No in state talent
NIL
Sanctions
Lack of Donors
Private School.
All excuses.
SU is a storied program and to see its athletic excellence withering away with an ancient out of touch Basketball coach and a head coach who has had 1 winning season out of 6.
Think about that 1 for 6
Is disgusting.
I do however have faith that JW is going to get both of these pending hires right as he showed his Chops with LaCrosse. Hiring arguably the two best O and D coaches in Modern LaCrosse history.
So there is hope.
The next 2 years are going to be critical for the direction of Syracuse sports. Lets hope the school steps up with the resources and balls to do it well.

SU claiming the moral high ground is baloney. Sure we aren't as bad as the criminal programs like Auburn, LSU, and others but we certainly are no saints.
The University has always been slow to react to needs. Be it facilitates, coaches, the number 44, Spring games, ect... SU is always late to the party and usually shows up with a day old fruit cake.
Hopefully the 150m campaign starts to provide concrete improvements now as they are desperately needed. Hopefully Dino hires a Dynamic OC and turns his career ( which he controls) around or he is Fired from his Job ( Which JW controls) and John makes a great hire.
SU has the resources to compete within the ACC
Our fans set records year in year out in Basketball and LaCrosse.
We are dying for a football team to support. We simply need the University to do the basics, to do their part.
Im sick of the excuses as they ring hollow.
Weather
No in state talent
NIL
Sanctions
Lack of Donors
Private School.
All excuses.
SU is a storied program and to see its athletic excellence withering away with an ancient out of touch Basketball coach and a head coach who has had 1 winning season out of 6.
Think about that 1 for 6
Is disgusting.
I do however have faith that JW is going to get both of these pending hires right as he showed his Chops with LaCrosse. Hiring arguably the two best O and D coaches in Modern LaCrosse history.
So there is hope.
The next 2 years are going to be critical for the direction of Syracuse sports. Lets hope the school steps up with the resources and balls to do it well.
Back in the day the law school was confronted with losing accreditation if it didn’t modernize. They just wait until things are dire before doing what they should be doing all along.

Back in the day the law school was confronted with losing accreditation if it didn’t modernize. They just wait until things are dire before doing what they should be doing all along.
It's like waiting until the last day of the month to pay the mortgage, just delaying the inevitable

Dino is back so no reason to keep on with “a new coach”. That being said anyone have any favorites out there? If I had a say I would go with Rich Rodriguez I know I’ll get blasted for my pick but the dude is a Offensive genius in my humble opinion
Doesn’t your post contradict itself ??

Wish we went after Zach Kittley, WKU just put up 59 in the bowl game and have are second in total offense this season, heading to TTU now.

Lincoln Riley didn't retain Graham Harrell, he'd be an upgrade but idk if he would stray from an exclusive air raid. Certainly someone with legit experience who is innovative, maybe we could sell him on going the same route as rhett lashlee.

Our future OC is coaching at 9:15 this evening for the Thundering Herd.

29815E6A-A0B4-4DD5-AD44-4357A315764B.gif

OC should be someone that can adjust in game - meshes with Babers, and can make even Shrader seem like a throwing quarterback at times.