Who do you want as the new OC? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Who do you want as the new OC?

I’m sick and tired of the too toxic comments. I just want to win. I don’t care if he’s crude or likes to date around, I don’t care if he cheats on his wife, I don’t care if he swears, everyone needs to stop being so sensitive. With these rules jimmy Johnson and billparcels wouldn’t be options. I just want a good coach that can win here and put out this dumpster fire that is su football. Everyone wants a coach p type of personality, guess what we ran him out of town. Now let’s hire a proven winner
Thankfully the University and the Athletic Department have much higher standards than you.

We have to really square the circle with this hire. Wildhack wants a QB guru but presumably next year we want an offense with a heavy run-emphasis to feature Tucker. That's our strength. Makes finding just the right guy tougher. TT had pretty good balance this year. Ironically the Big 12 collectively seems to be going back to balanced and running back featured offenses after years of spread and heavy emphasis on passing.
If Shrader throws better (particularly on the deep passes), that gives Tucker more room to run.

Thankfully the University and the Athletic Department have much higher standards than you.
Do we really have high standards in football? We stuck with Dino for six mostly losing years when other schools give coaches 2 - 4 years to produce a winning team.

I’m sick and tired of the too toxic comments. I just want to win. I don’t care if he’s crude or likes to date around, I don’t care if he cheats on his wife, I don’t care if he swears, everyone needs to stop being so sensitive. With these rules jimmy Johnson and billparcels wouldn’t be options. I just want a good coach that can win here and put out this dumpster fire that is su football. Everyone wants a coach p type of personality, guess what we ran him out of town. Now let’s hire a proven winner
Yes, winning is the bottom line. Of course we want a leader of men who can demonstrate high moral character, but in this day of big money P5 football, winning trumps almost everything.

Yeah those standards have really been high. A losing football program for 20 years, a basketball program that has been investigated how many times, a lax program that has had issues and forced out a coach, a womens basketball program that just lost the entire team, and oh yeah the cherry on top Bernie fine! Yeah really high standards. Congrats we don’t have a murderer on the payroll.

May want to pick up a side team in the SEC, our BOT ain’t rolling like that lol

May want to pick up a side team in the SEC, our BOT ain’t rolling like that lol
They do until it gets in their face. Maybe look at the investigations recently. If that was the case they would have brought in a clean new coach for womens basketball. Instead they brought in a guy that was on staff and I’m sure was involved or worse did nothing about it.

Do we really have high standards in football? We stuck with Dino for six mostly losing years when other schools give coaches 2 - 4 years to produce a winning team.
Yes but a majority of those schools are still trying to crawl to relevancy, I’d rather take a coach that knows what areas need to improve and is actively take a stance to improve them vs starting from scratch and the whole thing being a sick 3-4 year cycle constantly searching for the right fit. Tho I do admnit after the clemson game my patience had grown slim. I do agree with keeping dino this year, I want no business fighting for someone in this coaching carousel this year . If it fails we are better off finding a better fit and will have the coin to back it up.

Relax folks, I love Cuse Football and have been a fan since I saw my first game in Archibald that was the coming out party for Floyd Little vs Kansas.

For those of you will long term involvement with the football program you remember that during Coach Schwartzwalder’s tenure and following our 1959 Championship the university was toying with the notion of discontinuing football.

Syracuse Footballs struggle with maintaining a nationally competitive program has waxed and wained over time.

HCDB is not the feckless fool many are trying to paint him as.
Cuse football is at a competitive disadvantage in relationship to the large land grant universities that typically rule football.

Nick Saban, the current Bama HC and former assistant here would never take the HC job here, even if we had the money to pay him.

HCDB is our guy until he’s not. Does that meanI love all of his decisions and actions, no I don’t.

We all need to take a deep breath and let this play out. If he is not able to right the ship there is plenty of time for the public lynching.

Let’s support the team we have and it’s players who are doing the best they can to win!

Now, if you have nothing better to do; attack this post. I will just smile and consider the source!

Go Orange

Coach P WAS a proven winner. If the vocal fan base talked more with their wallet and less with their “boos” Coach P would probably still be here today.

Relax folks, I love Cuse Football and have been a fan since I saw my first game in Archibald that was the coming out party for Floyd Little vs Kansas.

For those of you will long term involvement with the football program you remember that during Coach Schwartzwalder’s tenure and following our 1959 Championship the university was toying with the notion of discontinuing football.

Syracuse Footballs struggle with maintaining a nationally competitive program has waxed and wained over time.

HCDB is not the feckless fool many are trying to paint him as.
Cuse football is at a competitive disadvantage in relationship to the large land grant universities that typically rule football.

Nick Saban, the current Bama HC and former assistant here would never take the HC job here, even if we had the money to pay him.

HCDB is our guy until he’s not. Does that meanI love all of his decisions and actions, no I don’t.

We all need to take a deep breath and let this play out. If he is not able to right the ship there is plenty of time for the public lynching.

Let’s support the team we have and it’s players who are doing the best they can to win!

Now, if you have nothing better to do; attack this post. I will just smile and consider the source!

Go Orange
Good post. Support Syracuse but do so by refusing to support poor coaching and God awful results.
Thats not support. Its enabling.

and Frost is in yr 5 at neb with a track record thats awful and they are giving him a yr 5 without a 10 win season.. So not every team throws a guy out after 2-3 yrs..

we have an old culture
we had broken depth
we had broken talent
we had broken infrastructure
we needed to rebuild fund raising

Then we need to win.. Have to fix most of the others up here and you could argue we have fixed a bunch of the issues.. Still need better talent and a bit more depth

reality is if we had an elite QB or WR or DE would have seen 1-3 more wins.

Freeney pass rushing in this style of D would have been nice wouldnt it.

Its not a great next step to get better but its still a step we need to take. Was going to a new HC gonna do that next yr?

He did!

<automated message>

We beat a ranked team the first two seasons (#2 Clemson!) and then followed that up with a 10 win season. That's 3 years of steady improvement and no one fires their HC in any of those three years (esp following the three prior). We did what most everyone would do and re-upped him to a better deal based on his performance thus far. 2019 was a disappointment, but we just re-upped him. 2020 was a weird year financially, leadership-wise, public/student health wise and resulted in a weird one-off schedule. No one should fire the HC after all that.

2021 is the first year where a real case could be made. But the case isn't clear cut. A heisman level RB and a string of 3 losses by 3 muddies the narrative.

</automated message>

People who use big w/l data points should be obligated to go through and decide when in the timeline they'd have done something different. If it's 2020 - you're cruel and maybe a silly person. If it's 2021? Ok - I think that's fair. But you've just disagreed with a very recent decision by the sitting AD. Not 6 years of a problem like you portrayed.

Come on Dino. Bring Whipple back home to New York.
It’s where he belongs.
We can outbid Nebraska. Just call up Mr. Weitsman.

Some joker has already updated his Wikipedia page to show him as Nebraska's OC.

Come on Dino. Bring Whipple back home to New York.
It’s where he belongs.
We can outbid Nebraska. Just call up Mr. Weitsman.
Whipple and Don Brown would have been a good 1-2 punch for the northern operation recruiting efforts. Those guys are like modern day Mac/P

Whipple and Don Brown would have been a good 1-2 punch for the northern operation recruiting efforts. Those guys are like modern day Mac/P
I believe Whipple was talked about for replacing Greg Robinson. Whipple and Brown could have led us to a dynasty that actually wanted to stay here and coach. Not pack up and leave for greener pastures.
Oh what could have been…

and Frost is in yr 5 at neb with a track record thats awful and they are giving him a yr 5 without a 10 win season.. So not every team throws a guy out after 2-3 yrs..

we have an old culture
we had broken depth
we had broken talent
we had broken infrastructure
we needed to rebuild fund raising

Then we need to win.. Have to fix most of the others up here and you could argue we have fixed a bunch of the issues.. Still need better talent and a bit more depth

reality is if we had an elite QB or WR or DE would have seen 1-3 more wins.

Freeney pass rushing in this style of D would have been nice wouldnt it.

Its not a great next step to get better but its still a step we need to take. Was going to a new HC gonna do that next yr?
Scott frost walked into a program that was littered with bad character and trouble makers. He completed gutted the program and the school has faith in what he’s doing. It’s not like it is here which is a money saving situation. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Scott frost walked into a program that was littered with bad character and trouble makers. He completed gutted the program and the school has faith in what he’s doing. It’s not like it is here which is a money saving situation. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
hasn't turned them into a consistent winner and isn't crude or sleeping around