Who Has it Worse Than Us | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who Has it Worse Than Us

Every fan base has knuckleheads but SU’s knuckleheads don’t seem to bother the basketball side and JB 4/5* recruits. So why only football, are they more sensitive?
Most guys never played the sport on the college level and don't realize the "STUFF" these kids deal with. You are drilled daily by the coaches, teammates, fans hacking your personal email accounts (but you are told not to say anything because you don't want to give other students/pranksters ideas), girlfriends asking you questions their dad told them to ask you, homework, exams/quizes, covid 19 protocals, keeping your schedule to the point you have no personal time during the season because any down time is for resting to be able to endure the entire season injury free, etc. etc. etc.

Most guys who are overly sensitive were the guys who actually sucked in high school and never played football on a collegiate level. Anyone who played college football on ANY LEVEL can be able to watch the game and appreciate the total experience for what is is....
That's the REAL DEAL!

Most guys never played the sport on the college level and don't realize the "STUFF" these kids deal with. You are drilled daily by the coaches, teammates, fans hacking your personal email accounts (but you are told not to say anything because you don't want to give other students/pranksters ideas), girlfriends asking you questions their dad told them to ask you, homework, exams/quizes, covid 19 protocals, keeping your schedule to the point you have no personal time during the season because any down time is for resting to be able to endure the entire season injury free, etc. etc. etc.

Most guys who are overly sensitive were the guys who actually sucked in high school and never played football on a collegiate level. Anyone who played college football on ANY LEVEL can be able to watch the game and appreciate the total experience for what is is...
That's the REAL DEAL!

the funny thing with that is some of the most critical people on social media are former players . Have you ever seen Larry Czonka tweet? Derrick Coleman? Julian Whigham? I’ve seen plenty of alumni do the exact opposite thing that you mention above.

the funny thing with that is some of the most critical people on social media are former players . Have you ever seen Larry Czonka tweet? Derrick Coleman? Julian Whigham? I’ve seen plenty of alumni do the exact opposite thing that you mention above.
It takes ALL KINDS TO MAKE A WORLD. lol

Many of you are completely missing the point. It’s not so much “criticizing the offense” it is ripping players that voluntarily came to play for SU. If the fans don’t have your back, then why come? We can be critical of aspects of a game without being demeaning and disrespectful of the players and to a somewhat lesser extent the coaching staff. There is a big difference in “I don’t understand why coach didn’t stop the clock and would really like to hear an explanation” versus “coach is a quitter and he should be fired.” Or how about “our passing game needs a lot of work and would like coach to explain what is going wrong and how it will be fixed” versus “our QB and OC suck and no other P5 program would take them.” It’s perfectly fine to be a fan and expect results, it’s not okay to treat our players and coaches poorly. I think that was Bearsdad’s point. And I agree with him.
That's right...all kids are snowflakes now. Hurt feelings over a message board. Give me a break!

That's right...all kids are snowflakes now. Hurt feelings over a message board. Give me a break!

Yep. It’s the culture of look at me, I’m so great, I can’t do anything wrong, etc. and a generation of parents that enabled it to the hilt. Proud parents of an honor roll student bumper sticker garb & the like. Kid gets in trouble at school and it’s the teachers fault or the schools, etc., not their own doing. Cry babies the moment a whiff of adversity hits. Boo hoo, a fan forum doesn’t think I’m the best thing since sliced bread, etc.

It would have to be Rutgers-however unlike us, they aren’t teased w a bowl game every 4-5 years

It depends on the teams fans. I bet you might get the whoa is me fan from Michigan right now, When was the last time they beat Ohio State? To make matters worse Ohio state seems to be the only team in the Big ten that competes for a championship . I bet if you asked a 1000 Michigan fans how Harbaugh is doing 900 of them would say he sux yet they go like 9-3 -10-2. I mean they have not won the big Ten since 2004.

its all perspective

I wish Syracuse Fan base realizes that the recruits we CRAVE to sign look at our Football Board and the Recruiting Board to make their decisions.

Prospects read EVERYTHING, and the schools that we recruit against tell football prospects (and their parents) to look at our Football Board and Recruiting Board and make up their minds for themselves if they should come to Syracuse.

Our Coaches have to clean up all the "venom" that is posted on our Football Board and Recruiting Board that "ignorant fans" post.

Just the other day; I had one coach whose team is in the top 15 ranked high school football teams nationally tell me "McKinley Syracuse Football Fans negative posting is killing your program's recruiting efforts. Those are some stupid MFs. Why do they do that?"

"I have no idea." I replied
You post about the coaches needing to have the balls to recruit the SF kids because the kids can read through the bs. Well if thats the case then the kids should also understand that a passionate fan base doesn't sugar coat the fact that our offense is a train wreck.
So which way do they want it?
Real or sugar coated?

You post about the coaches needing to have the balls to recruit the SF kids because the kids can read through the bs. Well if thats the case then the kids should also understand that a passionate fan base doesn't sugar coat the fact that our offense is a train wreck.
So which way do they want it?
Real or sugar coated?
Difference between criticizing the offense and the kids behind it

volleyball

average attendance is 8200 per match
I hope that’s true.

If so, are they a power? Or are they just bored? (“Just” was a key word. They’re clearly bored, but you can be bored without being a power.)

I always assumed Pac 10 schools (Utah and Colorado can stay out of this generalization - but emphasis on UCLA) and Penn State were volleyball superpowers and everyone else pretty much just watched - occasionally literally. (Penn State used to have a loaded team for reasons beyond my understanding, and I assume they still do. And yes, I know they sink crazy money into the sport to balance out football arms racing, but what star volleyball player wants to play on a farm? Clearly some, but why?)

I hope that’s true.

If so, are they a power? Or are they just bored? (“Just” was a key word. They’re clearly bored, but you can be bored without being a power.)

I always assumed Pac 10 schools (Utah and Colorado can stay out of this generalization - but emphasis on UCLA) and Penn State were volleyball superpowers and everyone else pretty much just watched - occasionally literally. (Penn State used to have a loaded team for reasons beyond my understanding, and I assume they still do. And yes, I know they sink crazy money into the sport to balance out football arms racing, but what star volleyball player wants to play on a farm? Clearly some, but why?)
Definitely a power - 5 national champs in the last 25 years.

No pro sports in state so this is the biggest thing. Top 10 in baseball attendance and 11th in mens basketball attendance last year which is shocking considering how awful the program has been.

Hey guys, learn to just have a laugh! If you need to lighten up your day go through the 2019 and 2020 Cali Award predictions and remember we’ll all convince ourselves around 10 AM saturday that we’re going to win anyways

Definitely a power - 5 national champs in the last 25 years.

No pro sports in state so this is the biggest thing. Top 10 in baseball attendance and 11th in mens basketball attendance last year which is shocking considering how awful the program has been.
I’m more shocked that they know what basketball is.

And good on them for volleyball. A title every 5 years is legitimate.

And who raised these kids? I believe the saying is "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I love it when someone makes a blanket statement that all <insert group here> are "X". I'm sure all the 18 year olds that are part of our armed forces are "snowflakes." Some kids are, some kids aren't. Such a ridiculous take. It's the old "my generation is better than yours" thing. Every generation has their "snowflakes."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom