Who is applying for new analytics position? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is applying for new analytics position?

I'm hoping a graduate from the Sports Analytics program in Falk college at SU gets a chance. I do know a couple who are already associated with the athletic department who are interested in applying.

I'm sure Matt Edwards is qualified, but Anae and Beck can show someone new what they want. I'm confident a Sport Analytics graduate from SU can run the same programs and produce the same data. The difference is someone new to Anae and Beck may see something different and bring new information to the table. And all else being equal, why not help one of our graduates?
Bless you for saying this.

There are a couple young but highly capable kids (I’m old) who qualify. Three in particular, one of whom was offered a full-time job by the Bills to NOT go back to school his junior year.

That said, UVA imports really invented the position and the school has to post and let people apply. I’d bet the quote is to emphasize the formality as much as anything but who knows?

we Needed this position so badly after that 3 game stretch, last year. Please someone be in dinos ear with a decision based on analysis & statistics .

Coaches need to understand what the Madden generation already knows: Punting away and hoping your defense gets a stop is not a sound strategy anymore unless you have a truly elite defense. Going for 4th and shorts once you cross midfield will help you keep possession.

Yes, I'm still angry about punting away to Wake Forest. They should have went for it, they would have got it and definitely won the game.

money ball.jpg

Last edited:
Coaches need to understand what the Madden generation already knows: Punting away and hoping your defense gets a stop is not a sound strategy anymore unless you have a truly elite defense. Going for 4th and shorts once you cross midfield will help you keep possession.

Yes, I'm still angry about punting away to Wake Forest. They should have went for it, they would have got it and definitely won the game.
we also would of won the game if our offense could of got lined up for the 2 point conversion on time

Awesome glad to see everyone is on the same page and can't agree on a common goal...

Lol it's only because he said it. If you think HC & OC or HC & DC agree on every scenario...

This would be expected IMO. The 15% number is just a number. It's not like Dino & Co. have 100 scenarios and they disagreed on 15 specific ones. Just sounds like they have different theories on a handful of scenarios and they're working through them.

They (Dino & Anae) have been in football forever - they'll figure things out together.

Are you more comfortable with Dino & Sterlin or Dino & Anae? Time will tell, but I am already more comfortable with what we currently have

Lol it's only because he said it. If you think HC & OC or HC & DC agree on every scenario...

This would be expected IMO. The 15% number is just a number. It's not like Dino & Co. have 100 scenarios and they disagreed on 15 specific ones. Just sounds like they have different theories on a handful of scenarios and they're working through them.

They (Dino & Anae) have been in football forever - they'll figure things out together.

Are you more comfortable with Dino & Sterlin or Dino & Anae? Time will tell, but I am already more comfortable with what we currently have

True but I kind of combined the two in my head about not filling the analytics position. Seems to me they had one guy in mind and that didn't workout so they said hell with it.

yeah agreed. I read that and thought it's pretty cool. I also like the transparency of sort of letting us into the dynamics of staff relationships and process.

15% likely is 3 out of 20 or 6 of 40. Hopefully Anae killed the calls that drove us fans nuts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom