Who is eating the we turned a corner crow. Wow that | Syracusefan.com

Who is eating the we turned a corner crow. Wow that

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Was worse than I could ever imagine the minute I am sold on nassib he comes out and throws the ball like that. O line sucked and Graham completely disappeared

A step back to be sure but last week was more than one step forward.

Still, it takes a big win to actually turn a corner. So last week's was worth a try.

Now we have to wait until the next one.

what i dont understand was all the talk about turning a corner

this is the same sorry excuse of a offense we have been witness to all year-this game was nothing new-wv was a fluke

The game was not as painful to watch as the RU game. But Lord, it wasn't good. Watching our offense flail around like that. I actually walked away with 8 minutes to go, nothing was going to happen here. and I almost never do that. Bleah.

The game was not as painful to watch as the RU game. But Lord, it wasn't good. Watching our offense flail around like that. I actually walked away with 8 minutes to go, nothing was going to happen here. and I almost never do that. Bleah.

Seriously? It was way more painful. At least the Rutgers game was close. This was a pure prison butt hump.

Last week's was a great one for the soap boxes of convenience, as is this week, as will be ...

Everybody wins!

Except apparently SU.

That 'ville coach plays a great brand of football. He'll go on to bigger and better things.

Was worse than I could ever imagine the minute I am sold on nassib he comes out and throws the ball like that. O line sucked and Graham completely disappeared

We have turned the corner but today was two steps back after two steps forward last week. I couldn't imagine the team playing that badly on both sides of the ball.

Seriously? It was way more painful. At least the Rutgers game was close. This was a pure prison butt hump.

Depends on how you like your prison butt humps I suppose. At least this one was over quick, RU dragged on all nite.
And enough with that imagery!

What corner is that, from one of the worst D-1 teams to a competitive middle of the pack program or from there to a top 25 program.

The first has been accomplished. Anybody who thinks there isn't a lot of work left to do to turn the next one is delusional.

They got mugged today by a fired up team that was playing with a lead. They didn't react well and there isn't an impact player on offense that can get easy scores. That's not a secret.

we did turn a corner. then we turned 3 more and ended up back where we started

Make no mistake, Syracuse HAS turned the corner. They are not good enough YET to be a consistent winner in conference, so we should expect this kind of letdown with the talent level here.

Anyone who looks at this as a sign of the Apocalypse is simply a negative person who needs to shut up...

Doug Marrone has shown that he is right for this job, & we will see yearly improvement in recruiting & performance.

Remember, in 4 years time, teams like Louisville, Cincy, Rutgers, & UCONN will be crappy programs as we watch them languish in our rearview mirrors. Let them have a little fun for now, because they are TOAST when the Big East is all they have to look forward...

My favorite moments in these arguments of convenience are:
  • changing the argument from x to y and stating that you're dumb or, worse, glass-half-empty, for expecting anything different than y
  • vague and unaccountable references to future success if we just wait long enough

The only thing I ate were parts of my ground teeth as I watched that darn game. I'm going to have to get a mouthpiece if this keeps up!

A step back to be sure but last week was more than one step forward.
"turning the corner" is about playing well in consecutive weeks. It's not about seeing your ceiling one week and your floor the next. That is not a corner turned. Good week at home and a win on the road and finish out without any clunkers and a corner might have been turned.

Wvu was a great win, but if it's followed up with this absolute horrendous performance...it just means it was a nice and nothing more.

44cuse

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Yawn.

This comes down to talent level. If you don't have enough horses, you can't afford to have a bad game & still have a shot at winning it. So, YES, we have turned a corner from a coaching & development standpoint, but we need more star players to keep it consistent. We have enough credibility now to get that done.

WE have a quarterback who can manage a game and find wide open receivers and make the 8-12 yard slant pattern. He can not put the ball in a tight window outside of 15 yards. When you are playing good defensive teams, great quarterbacks have to hit receivers when they have a half a step on the defense. Ryan can't do it. He missed at least 6 times today that could have led to big plays. He is just incapable of putting the ball into a tight window. He is who he is, but he has limitations with his game.

My favorite moments in these arguments of convenience are:
  • changing the argument from x to y and stating that you're dumb or, worse, glass-half-empty, for expecting anything different than y
  • vague and unaccountable references to future success if we just wait long enough

What's your solution?

True when we're behind early we need playmakers.

We don't have enough of those guys.

This game was a punch in the gut. I don't remember being so ticked off about a game - except for this year's Rutgers game.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Yawn.

, never said that but I wasn't dancing around picking daisies and declaring su football back all week making statements like there were no excuses for Syracuse losing to louisville or uconn

What corner is that, from one of the worst D-1 teams to a competitive middle of the pack program or from there to a top 25 program.

The first has been accomplished. Anybody who thinks there isn't a lot of work left to do to turn the next one is delusional.

They got mugged today by a fired up team that was playing with a lead. They didn't react well and there isn't an impact player on offense that can get easy scores. That's not a secret.

Come on Go that was a putrid performance today on Offense and once again the playcalling was bad borderlining on awful. How many times are we gonna run that TE bootleg for a loss.

, never said that but I wasn't dancing around picking daisies and declaring su football back all week making statements like there were no excuses for Syracuse losing to louisville or uconn

Lol. We lose, you bitch. We win, you clam up.

You kick and scream and writhe around on the floor like a 3-year old. It's old.

I hate nothing worse than inconsistency. We just can't seem to bring the same game from week to week.