Who is eating the we turned a corner crow. Wow that | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is eating the we turned a corner crow. Wow that

Give Louisville credit for playing with more focus & emotion than we did. We seemed flat starting with the foul-fest at the beginning. CIL said it well earlier that we can win or lose any of our remaining games. We didn't come ready to play today.

The game was not as painful to watch as the RU game. But Lord, it wasn't good. Watching our offense flail around like that. I actually walked away with 8 minutes to go, nothing was going to happen here. and I almost never do that. Bleah.
This was worse. SU was never in this game.

I did but I am glad I didn't bet on this game - I thought UL favored by 3 was a sure bet.

A step back to be sure but last week was more than one step forward.

I'm with you -- I was way, way wrong but its a 2 steps forward, 1 steps back scenario. Gotta give credit to Lville's D. They played great. On to next week

Lol. We lose, you bitch. We win, you clam up.

You kick and scream and writhe around on the floor like a 3-year old. It's old.

I didn't clam up, I said it was a great win. I just am not convinced this team was really ready to compete week in week out and I was right... Plain and simple.. If it gets old ignore my posts, trust me dude, I have been around here a lot longer than you.. I am not going anywhere

Come on Go that was a putrid performance today on Offense and once again the playcalling was bad borderlining on awful. How many times are we gonna run that TE bootleg for a loss.

That play isn't designed to go only to the TE. They got whipped, everybody owns it. This playcalling stuff is silly. A play doesn't work, it's a bad call. It doesn't work that way.

I didn't clam up, I said it was a great win. I just am not convinced this team was really ready to compete week in week out and I was right... Plain and simple.. If it gets old ignore my posts, trust me dude, I have been around here a lot longer than you.. I am not going anywhere

Do you know that to be a fact? Or is your assumption based on the number of posts made? I'm guessing that I've been reading this board in some form for 10-13 years now.

There are plenty of people on this planet who talk a lot, but say very little...

Do you know that to be a fact? Or is your assumption based on the number of posts made? I'm guessing that I've been reading this board in some form for 10-13 years now.

There are plenty of people on this planet who talk a lot, but say very little...

Yes, I take that as fact. If you had any good ideas or anything worth saying you would have posted it...

That play isn't designed to go only to the TE. They got whipped, everybody owns it. This playcalling stuff is silly. A play doesn't work, it's a bad call. It doesn't work that way.

We tried to beat a fast D today with runs to the outside. Many of which were on 2nd and long. Sorry but that is awful play calling.

i'll says this we dont have delone carter in the backfield so stop running it up the middle all the time especially in the beginning of the damn game..do something different

Yes, I take that as fact. If you had any good ideas or anything worth saying you would have posted it...

I sell orthopedic implants for a living. I don't run around telling people I'm a doctor.

And I don't pretend to know more than any head football coach at the DI level.

I remember someone saying take the worst game and the best game and throw them out and that is who we are (may have been IthacaBarrel). You couldnt have been more spot on. That was the biggest letdown I could have imagined. Turned the corner!? I dont want to hear that term used for a while...moving in the right direction, yes but turning the corner, no. This team is G-rob era bad, seriously aside from the WVU game, we have been as bad if not worse than we were with Grob as coach. Without some lucky breaks were looking at a 1 or 2 win team against a pretty easy schedule.

Defensive secondary cant cover anyone for more than a split second, we made a terrible Ville QB look like Michael Vick. Offense has no playmakers. Nassib SUCKED. WR's played like a bunch of little girl scouts. If the WR's played like girl the scouts, the Offensive Line played like a Brownie troop. When are we going to man up and not get beat down by physical teams. We act like a bully against finesse teams and the minute someone stands up to us we back down and cower in the corner until the clock runs out and we walk away with our tail between our legs.

I will temper myself on Marrone. I think hes the right coach and will get us back to Top 25 bigtime football but at the moment games like this make me want to smash my tv when I see him patrolling the sidelines like he took a Prozac before kickoff.

i do agree that it's really hard to tell whether someone is a good playcaller. but people take it to far to assume that playcalling doesn't matter. it might be really hard to prove that someone is a better playcaller than someone else but i still find it hard to believe that playcalling doesn't matter much

i'm not crazy about the offense but people were open enough yesterday.

Please don't go anywhere - no one else on this board confirms better that I have bipolar tendencies and probably need medical help during football season!

I remember someone saying take the worst game and the best game and throw them out and that is who we are (may have been IthacaBarrel). You couldnt have been more spot on. That was the biggest letdown I could have imagined. Turned the corner!? I dont want to hear that term used for a while...moving in the right direction, yes but turning the corner, no. This team is G-rob era bad, seriously aside from the WVU game, we have been as bad if not worse than we were with Grob as coach. Without some lucky breaks were looking at a 1 or 2 win team against a pretty easy schedule.

Defensive secondary cant cover anyone for more than a split second, we made a terrible Ville QB look like Michael Vick. Offense has no playmakers. Nassib SUCKED. WR's played like a bunch of little girl scouts. If the WR's played like girl the scouts, the Offensive Line played like a Brownie troop. When are we going to man up and not get beat down by physical teams. We act like a bully against finesse teams and the minute someone stands up to us we back down and cower in the corner until the clock runs out and we walk away with our tail between our legs.

I will temper myself on Marrone. I think hes the right coach and will get us back to Top 25 bigtime football but at the moment games like this make me want to smash my tv when I see him patrolling the sidelines like he took a Prozac before kickoff.

BINGO this post hits it perfectly, the whole team including the offense playcalling went into a shell yesterday and got pushed around by a more physical team. This after the players and Marrone spoke all week about how it was going to be a "physical game" and a tough Lville D and once again when the team gets hit in the mouth we lie down. When is Marrone and Hackett going to beat a team like Lville. Year 5 6 7 ???