Who is everyone rooting for in the Final Four? | Syracusefan.com

Who is everyone rooting for in the Final Four?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
If you are like me, your bracket has busted once again, so at least I can root objectively. I know some people will say that they won't watch it since the Cuse lost, but there are three pretty good teams left and one playing way over it's head (cue last year's Yukon team). However, that being said, Louisville and Kentucky has the makings to be a great game.

I guess when I weigh all the factors, I am rooting for Kansas to win it all. Mainly cause I ruled out rooting for any of the other three and that left only Kansas.

I will not root for Louisville to beat Kentucky. Not that I want UK to win, but I won't root for Pitino (cue the real diehards that have to remind us all that Pitino is part of JB's family tree). However I think Calapari is scum, and it's just a matter of time before he gets what he is due. I've always liked Ashley Judd, however, she is not Jennifer Love Hewitt and could not even play her mom on TV.

That leaves OSU. Now I know some people believe that you want the team that beat you to win it all. I do live by that rule on occasion. This is not one of those times. I do like Deshaun Thomas, but not enough to sway me to root for them.

So come Saturday, I guess it's Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!

Rooting for Louisville cause I think their fans are the least worst of the remaining teams

After being on hand to witness that officiating debacle in person last week in Boston, I really want Ohio State to get beaten.

I also don't want Cal / UK to win.

In all honestly, I hate all four teams in the final four, but I could live with the other two winning, provided the above two teams get beat. In rank order from who I hate least to most, here's how I'd rank it:

Kansas

Louisville

Kentucky
Ohio State

Kansas

Sent from my DROIDX

Fortunately, I'll be at wedding on Saturday evening, so I will miss the semi-finals. (It's always good to have a Plan B. Once SU got eliminated, I told my friends I would attend their son's wedding after all. I had initially regretted the invitation because I thought I would in New Orleans).

Fortunately, I'll be at wedding on Saturday evening, so I will miss the semi-finals. (It's always good to have a Plan B. Once SU got eliminated, I told my friends I would attend their son's wedding after all. I had initially regretted the invitation because I thought I would in New Orleans).
It's a good Plan B. I like weddings and try to attend at least one a year. I'm on a pretty good streak and hope it continues. The last one I attended was at the end of October and not sure we will have anything this year. Might need to crash one if I have to. Have done that a couple times before it became fashionable.

Rooting for Louisville cause I think their fans are the least worst of the remaining teams

I have said it on here before, but I am of the opinion the UofL fans are some of the best there are. Knowledgable and passionate. I mean, I lurk/occasionally post on their board and went the Louisville football game and the s**out poster RSouthward there comped me a tailgate. Who does that? Classy people with southern hospitality. I mean, I think cuseregular may have given RutgersAL a hot dog for the 31-13 tailgate, but it wasn't quite the same.

Plus, I have hated UK with a burning passion since I parked some UK fans at the place on Standart for the Dome game we had in the 94. Douches left their gabage and bottles on the lawn and we total asshats after giving me the $15.

Doing some work in the Lexington area did nothing to change that opinion. Reading all the crap on ESPN all this season hasn't helped either. If UofL beats UK in the FF, believe me, I will be flashing that little L hand signal "Ville does at every BigBlueNation cokknocker I see.

I don't feel guilty at all for living vicariously this Final Four through Pitino and Co.

That said, I would be ok with Kansas too, but not O$U.

If you are like me, your bracket has busted once again, so at least I can root objectively. I know some people will say that they won't watch it since the Cuse lost, but there are three pretty good teams left and one playing way over it's head (cue last year's Yukon team). However, that being said, Louisville and Kentucky has the makings to be a great game.

I guess when I weigh all the factors, I am rooting for Kansas to win it all. Mainly cause I ruled out rooting for any of the other three and that left only Kansas.

I will not root for Louisville to beat Kentucky. Not that I want UK to win, but I won't root for Pitino (cue the real diehards that have to remind us all that Pitino is part of JB's family tree). However I think Calapari is scum, and it's just a matter of time before he gets what he is due. I've always liked Ashley Judd, however, she is not Jennifer Love Hewitt and could not even play her mom on TV.

That leaves OSU. Now I know some people believe that you want the team that beat you to win it all. I do live by that rule on occasion. This is not one of those times. I do like Deshaun Thomas, but not enough to sway me to root for them.

I'm not calling you out specifically, but when Kentucky and Louisville played earlier this year, and it was pointed out by a few that they were good teams, the thread went nuts about how those teams weren't very good.

I think Kentucky got better all season long and don't expect it to be as close this weekend, but hoping for a good game.

Guess I'm going with my bracket because I am in third place with only MSU causing me pain.

Hate Kansas. Won't root for a BE team. Hate OSU for last weekend. I guess, in some bizarre way, the team of these four I hate the least is actually Kentucky (and I have them winning it).

44cuse

I was sick of hearing how KY and UNC were better than Syracuse, so Im not rooting for KY. Kansas always gets media love, and the rock chalk jayhawk crap and their fans drive me nuts. OSU... not after what they pulled. I'm rooting for the title to stay with the Big East... it isn't like I'm rooting for Georgetown...

The Ville is who I'm pulling for. They are in the Big East and simply put UK and KU get too much love from media and I don't care for either team. OSU well there isn't much to say. I'm rooting for the underdog and fellow Big East team.

I live in Kansas so going with the Jayhawks. After that, anybody but Kentucky.

Louisville. Honestly, I loathe Kentucky, but I've kind of accepted that they're going to win. After that I'll just sit back and patiently wait for it to be vacated.

I'm just simply rooting for the refs not to suck and not call 30-45 fouls on Louisville. I want to see good basketball and not see random fouls called.

I nearly always pull for the team that beat us, so I can say we lost to the best. Not always, but usually.
However, this year I cannot see myself rooting for Tom O’Neill, John Higgins and Mike Nance.

OSU or Louisville...6 of one, half-dozen of the other...as long as it isn't Kentucky..don't want Calipari's methods vindicated...

My rooting interest is

Kansas

tOSU

That team from the sec

I hate all of the teams left but if I had to conjure up a perfect scenario it would be this:

Kentucky beats Louisville
Kansas beats Ohio State

Then Kansas beats Pay pal Cal in the finals after Kentucky blows a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left again.

I'd love to see an ESPN poll that asks:

How many fouls will be called on Louisville vs Kentucky?
A: 25-30
B: 30-35
C: 35-40
D: Higher than a Kentucky fan can count

Here is my perfect scenario:

UK defeats Louisville on a last second questionable charge/block call. Immediately after the game, Lesley Visser reports that Pitino was caught pregame, in bed with Calipari's wife, and that UK players had accepted gifts of cash and cars, with Cal's knowledge.

84 Fouls are called in the Ohio State/Kansas game, plus 8 technicals on the coaches/assistant coaches. The game ends with 4 baskets by each team, and 111 free throws. In the final minutes the game has to be coached by graduate assistants, because the head coaches and assistants have all fouled out. Greg PAulus gets to coach the last 2 minutes for OSU. There are only 3 players left on each team, and the decide to just play half-court. The entire nation of TV viewers gets so disgusted that they tune out to watch "Roadhouse" on CMT. After the game, Lesley Visser announces that the KU players are really the same players for the last 12 years, just with new jerseys. OSU is incriminated in a tattoo for sex scandal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom