Who is the better O line coach? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the better O line coach?

I thought I read about the Clark move to OL in the golf thread, but I could be wrong. Lots of whispers and nuggets flying around here lately. (Settle down Millhouse).
Like Bennie and the Jets I read it in a magazine.

MSOrange said:
I'd be stunned if they moved Clark to OL this year with the DL depth issues. Maybe a year or two down the line if they feel he has more potential there and the DL depth is built back up, but not this year. I would really question that move if they did it this year.

I think Kaiser is just yanking chains and showing how easy it is to start a rumor that eventually becomes taken as fact. He played you all.

I think Kaiser is just yanking chains and showing how easy it is to start a rumor that eventually becomes taken as fact. He played you all.

Not so sure bees, there are whispers about Adam not being satisfied with the guard play and moving Trudo back, thus creating a spot at center to fill. Clark seems like a good fit.

They arent
Not so sure bees, there are whispers about Adam not being satisfied with the guard play and moving Trudo back, thus creating a spot at center to fill. Clark seems like a good fit.
not this year. Adam wouldnt know good line play if it rolled his fat ass over

I'm more worried about the d line... Specifically depth...

IthacaBarrel said:

I really want to see this. He has a better chance of coming in and starting right away at center then it is to play on the DL.

a lot of fish in this pond.

He wasn't moving prior to the depth becoming razor thin, now? One of our two True FR DT's will be on the 2-Deep before ever putting Syracuse pads on. zero moves unless there's a trade off with one of the FIVE 5 OL coming in.

Finwad32 said:
a lot of fish in this pond. He wasn't moving prior to the depth becoming razor thin, now? One of our two True FR DT's will be on the 2-Deep before ever putting Syracuse pads on. zero moves unless there's a trade off with one of the FIVE 5 OL coming in.

Catfish?

Finwad32 said:
a lot of fish in this pond. He wasn't moving prior to the depth becoming razor thin, now? One of our two True FR DT's will be on the 2-Deep before ever putting Syracuse pads on. zero moves unless there's a trade off with one of the FIVE 5 OL coming in.

This.

a lot of fish in this pond.

He wasn't moving prior to the depth becoming razor thin, now? One of our two True FR DT's will be on the 2-Deep before ever putting Syracuse pads on. zero moves unless there's a trade off with one of the FIVE 5 OL coming in.

He's a future NFL center.

I really want to see this. He has a better chance of coming in and starting right away at center then it is to play on the DL.

I'm hearing it's under legit consideration. Should know more after first week or two of camp. Kid can play on either side.

He's a future NFL center.
That's a nice projection. I like the confidence, may very well even come to be true, but so much needs to transpire for that to happen that I don't even know how you can say it definitively.

Still, doesn't switch sides unless there's a trade off with one of the other incoming FR. Which, from what I was told, is not in the current plans. That may have changed in the past couple weeks, but, given the events that have unfolded, I'd be surprised.

FWIW - which is nothing, I believe he could play on either side and have great success.

That's a nice projection. I like the confidence, may very well even come to be true, but so much needs to transpire for that to happen that I don't even know how you can say it definitively.

Still, doesn't switch sides unless there's a trade off with one of the other incoming FR. Which, from what I was told, is not in the current plans. That may have changed in the past couple weeks, but, given the events that have unfolded, I'd be surprised.

FWIW - which is nothing, I believe he could play on either side and have great success.

Hearing pretty much done deal... He's moving to center

Agreed, no chance Clark is moving to the OL. He chose us over UF because he wanted to play DL and our need for this is too great. Clark and Cross are going to push for major playing time and could see one get a start by the end of the season. As much as I love Clark, I think Cross is getting majorly overlooked. I have not seen many recruits who get their pad level as low as he does and get the kind of push he can get. I would say over the last few years that there are many SU seniors who do not get the pad level and push that Cross can get as an incoming freshmen. These two are going to be monsters on our DL and sooner than later.

Also, Deurig was recruited as the next C and he might be capable of playing there this year. If anything, if needed in a stop gap situation, I could see one or two bodies moving from the OL to the DL. There are multiple players capable of this. Shaf is going after players who are smart enough and have the athleticism to do this in all positions. This is evident in the players we have at the top of our recruiting lists that some might think, "hmmmmm".

Last edited:
If he moves to center who's going to play dline?
Would guess Raymon, Slayton, Samuels & Cross in the rotation. And if those 4 aren't always available, Ron Thompson is not going to be happy.

Last edited:
Would guess Raymon, Slayton, Samuels & Cross in the rotation. And if those 4 aren't always available, Ron Thompson is not going to be happy.
Problem is we are just as thin at DE. I like the Freshman we brought in there but I hardly want to rely on them much at all this year. Thompson and Simmons as starters with Arciniega in the rotation and he has never played DE. Plus Simmons has had injury problems in the past. Not sure which position is scarier. If Cross stays at DT I might be more concerned about a DE injury than one at DT. If Thompson gets hurt this year we are hosed.

Hearing pretty much done deal... He's moving to center
much better shot at a NFL career and a longer one at that.

the clark's always seemed to have an eye on what is best for them, cant really blame them i guess.

if you think you can get a paycheck, you find a way to make sure you get a paycheck.

much better shot at a NFL career and a longer one at that.

the clark's always seemed to have an eye on what is best for them, cant really blame them i guess.

if you think you can get a paycheck, you find a way to make sure you get a paycheck.

If he moves, he moves. We need help on both lines so maybe there's someone from the current OL 3 deep they can shift.