Who is the better quarterback for Syracuse, Zach Allen or Mitch Kimble? | Syracusefan.com

Who is the better quarterback for Syracuse, Zach Allen or Mitch Kimble?

I didn't realize Kimble was an All-State Punter too. That is a real weapon. Might be nice if he kicks it Rugby style...we could go for more 4th downs and hopefully draw some teams offsides. A quick kick is always an option too on a 3rd and forever.

Not trying to sound like a hater but I don't want to read an article that's talking about a kid that's not even coming to Syracuse.

Zach would have been great in our O but you have to love Kimble as he has the size and seems to have more of a gun that ZA. I think that Shafer did a fantastic job landing Kimble at the 12th hour off the chart actually to land a 3 star this late in the game. Kimble should have a solid year or two before he has to play and by that time he should be a solid 215-220. Looks like a great get to me.

Not trying to sound like a hater but I don't want to read an article that's talking about a kid that's not even coming to Syracuse.

Not enough time in the day

Sounds like Kimble needs a little more pass coaching and he will be ready. Hopefully he is a quick study and is ready in 2014 or 2015 at the latest. I still think Wilson will be hard to beat so this could be great for both, having stiff competition for the starting job.

I didn't realize Kimble was an All-State Punter too. That is a real weapon. Might be nice if he kicks it Rugby style...we could go for more 4th downs and hopefully draw some teams offsides. A quick kick is always an option too on a 3rd and forever.

Yup. In the age of specialization in CFB, I love it when kids have multiple talents. Holders who can run/throw. Running backs who can throw. QBs who can punt. WRs who can throw. Linemen who can snap.

I realize Cohen had to come up with weaknesses for both QB's...but break away speed regarding Kimble is just not accurate. MK isn't a 4.3 guy but he sure as shat is much faster than most HS QB's.

I realize Cohen had to come up with weaknesses for both QB's...but break away speed regarding Kimble is just not accurate. MK isn't a 4.3 guy but he sure as shat is much faster than most HS QB's.

It appeared to me that while Kimble has some wheels and elusiveness, he lacks that extra gear in the open field. Seemed like he hit his top speed rather quickly. I'm not complaining about it but I can understand why people say he lacks break away speed. He is just a better athlete then his competition and it was pretty evident.

I think they will both end up being great quarterbacks on their respective teams...all I have to say on this.

I agree completely but good luck to ZA. Kimble maybe something special how bout between Wilson and Kimble.

Ah... where is insightful prose of Dave Rahme? Instead we get this crap that should be posted in the National Inquirer or Fox News. A prime example why I will no longer subscribe to the Post Sub-Standard.

Ah... where is insightful prose of Dave Rahme? Instead we get this crap that should be posted in the National Inquirer or Fox News. A prime example why I will no longer subscribe to the Post Sub-Standard.
Are we very far away from reading a headline, "What would you do if the Dome disappeared?"

It wouldn't surprise me.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread a more appropriate headline would be, "Who is the better quarterback for Syracuse, Austin Wilson or Mitch Kimble?

So don't read it.

I think it's a good question to ask. Lose one QB and then ask if his replacement is as good? Relevant and interesting.

Plus my old man works for that paper ;).

Zach "100% Committed" Allen v. Kimble?

Kimble wins!

loeb hunt kinder
I think the premise is about further down the road. I'm just guessing, but I think most have concluded that we start out with Charlie in the caretaker role. The kid has been second team since Ryan started three years ago. He knows the offense better than any of the candidates and has the most experience, albiet in practice only, save for one play in the bowl.

Kinders reviews haven't been as glowing as the reports we got from his coach comparing him to Donnie McPherson. That's a tough standard to set for a kid who had never played a down in college.

Hunt's vibe doesn't seem all that positive either. After shop lifting that cologne the punishment meted out by HCDM seemed to far out weigh the crime. There has to be more. Stealing a $44 bottle of sweet smelling men's perfume doesn't seem to equate to a 15 game suspension.

I think the premise is about further down the road. I'm just guessing, but I think most have concluded that we start out with Charlie in the caretaker role. The kid has been second team since Ryan started three years ago. He knows the offense better than any of the candidates and has the most experience, albiet in practice only, save for one play in the bowl.

Kinders reviews haven't been as glowing as the reports we got from his coach comparing him to Donnie McPherson. That's a tough standard to set for a kid who had never played a down in college.

Hunt's vibe doesn't seem all that positive either. After shop lifting that cologne the punishment meted out by HCDM seemed to far out weigh the crime. There has to be more. Stealing a $44 bottle of sweet smelling men's perfume doesn't seem to equate to a 15 game suspension.
How does Loeb know the offense better than any of the other candidates? I think the only one who knows offense is McDonald.

Maybe most have concluded Loeb will be "caretaker" but not me. I think the QB situation is wide open now with new HC and OC. And, I don't want a "caretaker".

Are we very far away from reading a headline, "What would you do if the Dome disappeared?"

It wouldn't surprise me.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread a more appropriate headline would be, "Who is the better quarterback for Syracuse, Austin Wilson or Mitch Kimble?

I thought it was a good article. We spent so long thinking ZA was coming here, I don't mind some honest analysis of pros/cons of the replacement. Nothing we need to dwell on but a one time article is fine.

Hope Cohen has thick skin, and hope he knows to avoid the Comments section of his articles. Not sure I could. CNY wouldn't let me back in when I was done responding to that particular segment of the population.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom