Who is the better quarterback for Syracuse, Zach Allen or Mitch Kimble? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the better quarterback for Syracuse, Zach Allen or Mitch Kimble?

I think it's a good question to ask. Lose one QB and then ask if his replacement is as good? Relevant and interesting.

Plus my old man works for that paper ;).

If Michael Vick didn't change his mind and go to SU instead of VT, would he have turned out to be the dog-killing turd that he was? Would Superman die if he inhaled kryptonite dust? How come the vet on Walking Dead didn't turn into a zombie after he got bit by one? Maybe Cohen could speculate on these relevant issues as well.

PS: Sorry about your old man.:noidea:

If Michael Vick didn't change his mind and go to SU instead of VT, would he have turned out to be the dog-killing turd that he was? Would Superman die if he inhaled kryptonite dust? How come the vet on Walking Dead didn't turn into a zombie after he got bit by one? Maybe Cohen could speculate on these relevant issues as well.

PS: Sorry about your old man.:noidea:

It's all good. I think there has been a shift in media in general from "reporting" to the ESPN "discussion" type of content. That article provides the same kind of question that keeps me checking this board all the time. It's a more about opinions than facts. Mostly because the "breaking" of facts/news is less important due to the speed of content consumption (Internet).

I think speculation is what's left after the facts have blown up on twitter instantly. It's a shift that the PS has to take to be relevant.

I think it's a good question to ask. Lose one QB and then ask if his replacement is as good? Relevant and interesting.

Plus my old man works for that paper ;).
Its actually a pretty stupid question to ask. SU didn't lose a QB and Mitch Kimble is not his replacement at QB. Zach Allen did not and never will play a down at SU. I could care less if Kimble ever plays a down at SU. I hope for the best for all of our QB's and may the best QB win (and SU). That said he sounds like a good pickup with potential. I think we will have not only good athletes but some good QB's competing for the job. And I would say Loeb's chances for the job took a hit when Marrone/Hack left. The offense will be a bit new, and all things being equal my guess is the younger QB will get the starting nod. If Charley is better than the rest then I will be behind him 100%.

It's all good. I think there has been a shift in media in general from "reporting" to the ESPN "discussion" type of content. That article provides the same kind of question that keeps me checking this board all the time. It's a more about opinions than facts. Mostly because the "breaking" of facts/news is less important due to the speed of content consumption (Internet).

I think speculation is what's left after the facts have blown up on twitter instantly. It's a shift that the PS has to take to be relevant.
If you followed Cohen while he was at The Daily Orange you know that most of his pieces were very negative. I think the kid is a decent writer but he lost me with his continuous beat down of the FB team and staff prior to their end of the season run.

There is an entire new generation of writers out there that confuse reporting with commentary. Thank you ESPN.

Its actually a pretty stupid question to ask. SU didn't lose a QB and Mitch Kimble is not his replacement at QB. Zach Allen did not and never will play a down at SU. I could care less if Kimble ever plays a down at SU. I hope for the best for all of our QB's and may the best QB win (and SU). That said he sounds like a good pickup with potential. I think we will have not only good athletes but some good QB's competing for the job. And I would say Loeb's chances for the job took a hit when Marrone/Hack left. The offense will be a bit new, and all things being equal my guess is the younger QB will get the starting nod. If Charley is better than the rest then I will be behind him 100%.

Great insight and analysis, IMHO, especially as it relates to Charley's chances at being the heir-apparent starting QB. Charley may know Hackett/Marrone's system inside out but is that relevant going forward with the coaching change? Hope the competition is heated and fierce, and may the best QB win!

I agree. It makes no sense to compare QB's in hypotheticals before they sign, but afterwords it makes all the sense in the world.

Sheesh.

Quien es mas macho, Fernando Llamas, o Ricardo Montalban?

If you followed Cohen while he was at The Daily Orange you know that most of his pieces were very negative. I think the kid is a decent writer but he lost me with his continuous beat down of the FB team and staff prior to their end of the season run.

There is an entire new generation of writers out there that confuse reporting with commentary. Thank you ESPN.

That's the point. The media outlets are confusing the two on purpose - because the speed of reporting on the Internet is too fast for the old model.

If something happens on twitter, you can find out with everyone else, sit down and take the 140 characters to 1400 and wait till the next day to publish it - where you will have yesterday's news in a long boring format - or - you can write a piece offering an opinion on yesterday's news.

I don't know if its a good thing or not - but the writing is on the wall. Look for more articles that resemble forum discussions than breaking news.

So who is the better sports writer for the once-fairly-readable Post Standard, Cohen or Rahme? (Another stupid comparison like the Kimble-Allen fairy tale.)

By the way, did you see that piece of fluff that Cohen wrote for the Sub-Standard today? Read like something that belonged in Woman's Day. Sheesh!

So who is the better sports writer for the once-fairly-readable Post Standard, Cohen or Rahme? (Another stupid comparison like the Kimble-Allen fairy tale.)

By the way, did you see that piece of fluff that Cohen wrote for the Sub-Standard today? Read like something that belonged in Woman's Day. Sheesh!

That's exactly what you see around here (Rahme v Cohen).

I think I get it now - silly fictional comparisons are cool on fan forums and blogs - but not at other online media outlets. Those should be reserved for really serious (and probably outdated) facts.

This is not the world we live on now.

That's exactly what you see around here (Rahme v Cohen).

I think I get it now - silly fictional comparisons are cool on fan forums and blogs - but not at other online media outlets. Those should be reserved for really serious (and probably outdated) facts.

This is not the world we live on now.

I don't know where people get the energy to consistently bash newspaper writers (or whatever we call them now). I wish we could read Donnie/Dave for life, but it's not worth bashing the new guys constantly, they aren't the ones who decided Donnie/Dave wouldn't cover SU football anymore. And it's not like Donnie and Dave didn't have Comments sections full of angry ignorant drivel either.

Said it before, will say it again (and again and again and again). People. Are. Weird.

I don't know where people get the energy to consistently bash newspaper writers (or whatever we call them now). I wish we could read Donnie/Dave for life, but it's not worth bashing the new guys constantly, they aren't the ones who decided Donnie/Dave wouldn't cover SU football anymore. And it's not like Donnie and Dave didn't have Comments sections full of angry ignorant drivel either.

Said it before, will say it again (and again and again and again). People. Are. Weird.

For sure. I just don't read reporters/writers I don't like. For the most part, I've been pretty happy with all of the writers locally. ESPN? Different beast :).

Sorry, but I didn't start the topic of discussion. Just havin' fun with it...like all the Other. Weird. People. here.:rolleyes:

Sorry, but I didn't start the topic of discussion. Just havin' fun with it...like all the Other. Weird. People. here.:rolleyes:

Certainly weird people here, but I was more referring to the Comments section under each PS article. Those should be sent to some kind of think tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom