Who is the million dollar man? | Syracusefan.com

Who is the million dollar man?

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Who are the likely candidates for this? How will it be approached? I haven’t really seen anything since the announcement.

We missed on all our top targets for 23 before this was announced. Better hope for a late decommit or hit the portal.

Who are the likely candidates for this? How will it be approached? I haven’t really seen anything since the announcement.
Nor will you, IMO. For compliance reasons alone, I highly doubt we will hear anything at all until well after the fact.

Are we even involved with any five star players next year besides the Jackson kid in NYC. We can already forget about him.

I’m thinking Mikey Williams CG from California, Matas Buzelis PF (commitment to G league), or Isaiah Miranda C from Rhode Island. We could also look to the transfer portal

It seems like there's a good chance he doesn't get anyone for 2023, but at the same time I'm sure he will try hard since he knows his bff has a limited number of seasons left. If he can't reel in a big fish, it would be helpful to give each of the young guys $100k to keep them from transferring. I think he wants to start with a splash, though.

It seems like there's a good chance he doesn't get anyone for 2023, but at the same time I'm sure he will try hard since he knows his bff has a limited number of seasons left. If he can't reel in a big fish, it would be helpful to give each of the young guys $100k to keep them from transferring. I think he wants to start with a splash, though.
Adam is huge on Instagram and Mikey Williams is one player in this class who also has a massive Instagram following

I’m thinking Mikey Williams CG from California, Matas Buzelis PF (commitment to G league), or Isaiah Miranda C from Rhode Island. We could also look to the transfer portal

Nope, Nope, annnnnnd nope!!

Don't think there's an impact '23 left that we have remotely any sort of relationship or shot with.
Even with a milly behind it now.

And I don't really see how a portal transfer would be 'worth' that kinda $ to us, or to Weitsman.

Looks like we were a day late, and a million dollars short with this initiative from JAB's BFF.

Don't think there's an impact '23 left that we have remotely any sort of relationship or shot with.

And I don't really see how a portal transfer would be 'worth' that kinda $ to us, or to Weitsman.

Looks like we were a day late, and a million dollars short with this initiative from JAB's BFF.
Building a long-term relationship in today’s recruiting isn’t as important as hard cash and other financial incentives. Another player still available who might appeal to Adams business opportunities is Bronny James

Agreed. Adam's looking for a future NBA Allstar. Not a guy who washed up at another program or a star at a lesser program looking for a better school. It's one-and-done or bust.

Everyone is left until the LOI are signed.

Adam is huge on Instagram and Mikey Williams is one player in this class who also has a massive Instagram following
Mikey Williams’ Puma deal will complicate any college basketball decision regardless

eliot-elliot.gif

It is going to be fascinating to see how this works out.
Hopefully better than Texas A+M and Miami

I understand this is the new game...but I think it will create unintended consequences and team division.

I hope Adam chooses wisely.

For Football we are better to get ten four stars at $100K than 1 five star

I understand this is the new game...but I think it will create unintended consequences and team division.

Not unless that $1M dude is a QB or DL.

Just imagine The MOB with a dude like #7 from ND yesterday?
Or one of Clemson’s 4 future NFL D-linemen?
Or Jared Verse? (sigh)

Totally agree. For basketball, a locker room with a millionaire and then the rest is a bad dynamic.

Totally agree. For basketball, a locker room with a millionaire and then the rest is a bad dynamic.
What about as a reward for a good guy like Jesse to come back for one more year and try to make a run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom