Who is the recruit you have been most excited for... | Syracusefan.com

Who is the recruit you have been most excited for...

Johnnie Morant, no question. I know he actually played in the NFL, but I still don't think he panned out.

that never panned out...
Jim Turner - expected huge things from him, didn't quite work out if I recall - solid player but not the superstar I expected. Just getting a flip from ND was awesome tho.

Panned out is probably not the right phrase, but no question, Joel Stephens.

I was a kid in the Southern Tier when he was setting state records at Elmira Notre Dame. He was front page news every weekend. I was at SU when Mike Hart was running around for Onondaga, and JS had the same kind of community following... only he was in a wayyy smaller pond.

6'2" 235 a couple years out of high school. I remember people saying he was going to be the next Dan Conley... then colon cancer, and he was gone.

The LB who had to give up playing because of blood clots. I dont remember his name but i remember speaking to Donnie about him and he thought he had a chance to be our best LB since Dan

The LB who had to give up playing because of blood clots. I dont remember his name but i remember speaking to Donnie about him and he thought he had a chance to be our best LB since Dan

This. And it was Jermaine Pierce.

This. And it was Jermaine Pierce.

The moment we lost Jermaine was the moment I knew GRob was star-crossed...and that his tenure at SU would end badly. Losing this kid was an absolute shame.

The moment we lost Jermaine was the moment I knew GRob was star-crossed...and that his tenure at SU would end badly. Losing this kid was an absolute shame.
Agreed the kid has star potential

What about Ray Rice? :noidea:

Pierce was my original answer. I would also add Preaster and Jonny Miller.

that never panned out...

Mine, Lavar Lobdell

went back to the old site and looked at all the commits since 2002 - man it really put the past decade's results into perspective

Agree with CIL on Cecil Howard (and then Perry Patterson) - two back to back 4-star QBs that just didn't pan out

and right behind them would probably be Andrey Baskin - big name 4-star WR out of NJ when SU was starving for a play-maker at WR

Agree on Jermaine Pierce. Will add Walter Moseley.

Quinton Spotwood. Can't imagine what he wouldve done if not for injuries. Still played pretty well but he had huge potential that we never got to fully see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom