Who is the worst referee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the worst referee

Who is the worst college referee alltime?

• Total voters
Voted for Stephens but writing in Ayers for the tie. I wish Jalen would have tripped both of them.

I never though Burr was that bad. He was a pro’s pro and there was a reason he had every big game.

I never though Burr was that bad. He was a pro’s pro and there was a reason he had every big game.

Yeah I agree. It's kind of a paradox with referees. Familiarity breeds contempt. The best ones are the most high-profile ones who get asked to do Final Fours, etc., and if there is a call you disagree with (which for Syracuse fans is literally any block/charge that doesn't go our way) you immediately blame the ref you recognize. But if Burr makes 99% of the calls correct the rest of the game, it goes unnoticed.

No TV Teddy?

That guy who was in the Big East but then went out West might be the worst.

edit
Breeding was the guy I was thinking of. Has to be the worst.

Last edited:
Ayres had a horrendous game yesterday. His calls in the first half seemed like he was out to get JB or Marek. I never blame stripes and our soft style doesn't help, but that guy was out to get someone from SU yesterday.

Ayres had a horrendous game yesterday. His calls in the first half seemed like he was out to get JB or Marek. I never blame stripes and our soft style doesn't help, but that guy was out to get someone from SU yesterday.

I don’t think the officiating was great, but Marek commits the dumbest fouls of any SU player in recent memory.

I don’t think the officiating was great, but Marek commits the dumbest fouls of any SU player in recent memory.
I agree but the two he got yesterday weren't fouls. The block charge I can pass, but the screen...no way. Also he failed to get two or three "and one" calls early. I have to rewatch which stripe ignored those.

I went ape split on Stephens in the dome two years ago when it appeared he was giving Louisville a very friendly whistle. Only official I have done that to.

They all suck across the board. The game will be better when they're replaced by machines.

FWIW, KenPom has rated Ayers the best ref in the country two years running.

FWIW, KenPom has rated Ayers the best ref in the country two years running.

His officiating data is flawed. Guys who do more games get better ratings.

His officiating data is flawed. Guys who do more games get better ratings.

number of games isn’t the driver. It’s quality of games.

Yeah I agree. It's kind of a paradox with referees. Familiarity breeds contempt. The best ones are the most high-profile ones who get asked to do Final Fours, etc., and if there is a call you disagree with (which for Syracuse fans is literally any block/charge that doesn't go our way) you immediately blame the ref you recognize. But if Burr makes 99% of the calls correct the rest of the game, it goes unnoticed.

Burr was liked by coaches because he enjoyed making calls against home teams so visiting coaches thought they'd get a fair shake on the road.

Tim Higgins looks like Pennywise (the original Tim Curry version).

And games he officiated frequently became nightmares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom