Who is your all-time basketball "Mount Rushmore?" | Syracusefan.com

Who is your all-time basketball "Mount Rushmore?"

It is a really stupid question when you think of it. It is dumb to leave out the following so four is just not enough.
  1. Bill Russell
  2. Wilt
  3. Kareem
  4. Big O
  5. Michael
  6. Magic
  7. Bird
  8. West
  9. Lebron
I am sure I am forgetting a few.

It is a really stupid question when you think of it. It is dumb to leave out the following so four is just not enough.
  1. Bill Russell
  2. Wilt
  3. Kareem
  4. Big O
  5. Michael
  6. Magic
  7. Bird
  8. West
  9. Lebron
I am sure I am forgetting a few.
Right there with you, and I would feel obliged to put a power forward in the mix.

11 titles in 13 years . the most dominent defensive player ever and he doesn't make your 4? Bill Russell is first. Then, MJ, Magic, Wilt.

Russell is 5th for me - I wanted to have a balanced list with a guy from the 60s/70s, 80s, 90s, and today. I think Kareem was the superior player.

The Celtics were obviously an incredible dynasty, but there were only 10 teams in the NBA then with no free agency. It's not an apples to apples comparison with winning titles today.

11 titles in 13 years . the most dominent defensive player ever and he doesn't make your 4? Bill Russell is first. Then, MJ, Magic, Wilt.
Let's not forget two NCAA titles at San Fran. 1955 56

I would like your post, but you disrespected an American treasure by listing off 5 names instead of 4.

;)
You said it was my Mt. Rushmore, didn't you? :D

Twelve posts and not a single reference to ...

Oh Lord

Reactions: cto
Russell is 5th for me - I wanted to have a balanced list with a guy from the 60s/70s, 80s, 90s, and today. I think Kareem was the superior player.

The Celtics were obviously an incredible dynasty, but there were only 10 teams in the NBA then with no free agency. It's not an apples to apples comparison with winning titles today.
you were too young to see him play, right?

You said it was my Mt. Rushmore, didn't you? :D
Just look at Mt Rushmore. Construction started in 1927. It has of course, GW, TJ, Teddy and Abe. If it was done later it would probably b different.

It was built as a tourist attraction so in that spirit a basketball version would have to be a popularity contest. On that basis some guys like Kareen, Wilt and Oscar would not have a chance. Magic, Bird, 23 and Lebron would probably be the guys.

What would a baseball of Football version look like?

Baseball
Honus Wagner
Ty Cobb
Cy Young
Babe Ruth

Football
Jim Brown
Jim Brown
Jim Brown
Jim Brown

If KD wins a title this year do people start talking about him as being better than Lebron?

I think they do..

Russell, Oscar & Jordan are absolute locks.
Then we can argue about the 4th.
I'd probably go with Magic...because he could play every position if he had to.

Reactions: cto
Clearly it's Bill Walton, Robert Horry, Vlade Divac and Detlef Schrempf.

I assume we're excluding coaches, so...

Jordan
Robertson
Russell
Magic (when LeBron retires, slide him into this spot)

Just look at Mt Rushmore. Construction started in 1927. It has of course, GW, TJ, Teddy and Abe. If it was done later it would probably b different.

It was built as a tourist attraction so in that spirit a basketball version would have to be a popularity contest. On that basis some guys like Kareen, Wilt and Oscar would not have a chance. Magic, Bird, 23 and Lebron would probably be the guys.

What would a baseball of Football version look like?

Baseball
Honus Wagner
Ty Cobb
Cy Young
Babe Ruth

Football
Jim Brown
Jim Brown
Jim Brown
Jim Brown
Baseball, for me:

Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson

Toughest omission for me is probably Gehrig or Mantle. Screw Ty Cobb, the dirtbag. Couldn't leave Jackie off of there due to the sheer historical impact he had (in addition to being an all time great). Oh, and Sid Bream was a tough one to leave off, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom